What does you gym cost??

Options

Replies

• KateFitness89
    Options
    That is a great deal! Most memberships where I am are 40 bucks at the lowest.
  • Vegetablearian
    Vegetablearian Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    $10 sounds great for that and even the $20 is brilliant

Im in the UK and everything is expensive here but my gym for access for all open hours (closed sunday, 6am-noon saturday, 8am til 10pm weekdays) + all you can eat classes is $50 at todays exchange rate! and that is a subsidised council gym, the private gyms cost about 1/4 more
  • Janiot
    Janiot Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Australian fitness first much more expensive!
    I pay $22/fortnight, my son $19.00 /fortnight,we were all originally as a family membership over 12 years ago - my daughter $39/ fortnight as a student rejoining last year and my husband $51.20/fortnight joined last month -all full access but that is only 0545-2100 M-F, 0700-1800 Sat & 0800-0600 Sun!!!!!!
    We all go less than once /week!
  • Marie047
    Marie047 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I pay £45 a month, with as many classes as I want and pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    $60 Australian dollars per month with 24 hour access...
    Only machines and free weights. No access to classes, pools, sauna's, etc.
    Personal trainers are extra.

I feel like I am getting ripped off! :sad:
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    A lot of time's you get what you pay for. So it depends on what your training looks like.

If you're just doing a little bit of lifting and cardio, then a 10 dollar fitness club membership might be all you need.
    Others who want quality equipment, squat racks, etc are going to need to pay more for their memberships every month.

if the 10 dollar one has all you need, nothing wrong with staying there
  • Cwilliams8676
    Cwilliams8676 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    free Its included with rent(its the condo gym) but i am wanting to go to 24 hr fitness its 49 for dh and I for now the free gym works but soon i will be going to a better gym :)
  • JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I live in the SOFla area and I go to (well I pay to go to YOU-FIT Club). It's $20 per month & I can bring a guest every time. They also have a $10 per month no contract plan but with that plan you cannot bring a guest. There are no classes & no pool/sauna-basically just machines.& free weights. Last time I went though, I saw where they were going to be starting a circuit training class.. The $$ suits me just fine as I do not go regularly.
  • ★Fitness_Barbie★
    Options
    $10 per month
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I own a gym in a small country town in Australia and wish I could offer membership for a lot less than the $80 I currently charge but the numbers through the door would have to be about 10 times higher - and then it would be too busy for anyone to get anything done.
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Free, gym on site at work and #1 Rec Center/Gym on a University campus last year . I use both
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Fitness 19. $7/mo but I can only go before noon. Not an issue since I work out in the morning anyway. For $12/mo I can have unlimited for operating hours. No pool, no classes, no locker rooms(lockers, but no locker room) Weights, squat rack and cardio machines and daycare, so I'm set.
  • Cathy7794
    Cathy7794 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    We have a 6 month family membership at our local rec center; $45 a month. Two indoor pools (a regular pool for swimming and another for kids with a small "water park"), indoor ice rink in the winter that's switched over to roller skating in the summer, full gym, circuit training room, spinning classes, aqua fitness classes, martial arts classes, dance classes, gymnastics classes...they also have an indoor walking/jogging track and an outdoor track.
  • takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I won my gym membership from 24 Hour Fitness from Jamba Juice, for a year.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I pay $29 bi-weekly for my private-owned gym, so $60 a month (all classes, open til 12am, sauna, outdoor pool.) No contract, but I had to pay a $199 one-time sign up fee. The people at my gym are pretty much crooks when I see what other people pay.

Expensive but for the first time ever, I am actually making enough use of it to get my money's worth I'd say.
  • DBBA21
    DBBA21 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I go to Virgin Active £39.99 a month for life. Full access to all the gym offers
  • emmamcblain
    emmamcblain Posts: 342
    Options
    I pay £13 a month with 24 access to the gym, but I have to pay separately for classes. :)
  • siobhano_
    siobhano_ Posts: 101
    Options
    I think mine would work out to be about $15USD a week, that's with 24/7 access to the gym, plus the 6 pool complex including spas, and the les mils classes. I do get a student discount, though
  • emmiee921
    emmiee921 Posts: 224
    Options
    wow you guys pay cheap..

in Australia, i dont go to the gym anymore

but i did pay $55 a month that was with a year committment and cash.

but generally its $60 a month for students or $80 for adults,

i want to join in canada as it will be a lot cheaper when i move there next year
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Absolutely NOTHING! But that's because I use the fitness center at the Air Force base here and it's all free. It's 24 hours, has various classes (most are not at times that work for me though) and is also staffed 24 hours a day.