cottage cheese..what do do with it?!

Options
i just bought non-fat cottage cheese because i feel like a lot of people use it in recipes..except i don't know what to use it in! haha. how do you guys enjoy it? i know a lot of people just put fruit in it. i think i've seen pancake recipes that call for it too??
please post your recipes!! thanks :)

Replies

• Sophiepoo
    Sophiepoo Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been mixing it in with a bacon salad, sometimes I put it in my smoothies to make them a bit thicker :)
  • Pinkmaddycat
    Pinkmaddycat Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Mix 500g pot with 2 beaten eggs and the kind of vegetable you like suitable for a quiche, onions, mushrooms, peppers.

Then add to a flan dish and pop in the oven at about 180' for 25 mins or until just turning golden on top. Great warm for a meal or cold as snacks, should make 4 decent portions or 6 snack.

Really low cal overall.
  • Honey623
    Honey623 Posts: 37
    Options
    Lol actually I like it on top of green apples & sliced almpnds on top of that. Delicious :love:
  • hunter624
    hunter624 Posts: 252
    Options
    low fat cottage cheese is one of my favourites for lunch, generally have it with two water biscuits (jacobs or other brands) and six saline biscuits (tuc or ritz). It works for me
  • paruls86
    paruls86 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Well I am an indian and we use it extensively in our cuisine.. below are some suggestions...
    1. use it as a filling for sandwiches...
    2. works great in salads with basic dressing
    3. people do have it raw with just black pepper and salt
    4. you can make some rice and curry preperations ... just look up some indian dishes...
    5. Most of the times it is used to substitute the meat in a dish to make it suitable for vegetarians...
    I hope it was helpful
  • mejustmichael
    mejustmichael Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Wrap it in a corn tortilla for some awesome cottage cheese enchiladas!

Add some fresh Onion and tomato for some added awesome ness.

Or make tacos with Grilled bell peppers onion and avocado.

I love cottage cheese, growing up we made the enchilas but we added chili sauce and Cheddar cheese, but you dont need that. Corn and cottage cheese go well together if your not feeling something sweet with it.
  • Feathil
    Feathil Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in this too, I've seen lots of people talking about it and if I see things that I can incorporate it into, I'll try it out!
  • wingchunrick
    wingchunrick Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I love it with Baked Potato and cracked pepper on top.
  • gollyitsmolly
    Options
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1/2 cup rolled oats
    1/2 banana
    3 egg whites
    vanilla
    cinnamon

put it in a blender, mix and pour onto a hot lightly sprayed pan or griddle

flip when there are bubbles

makes about 3 pancakes

I like mine with jam or fresh fruit!
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I'm a purist - I love it plain with a ton of black pepper.
  • rawhidenadz
    rawhidenadz Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I like mixing in sliced strawberries and vanilla protein powder and having it as a sort of dessert. It's really good :)
  • Rachiepie6
    Rachiepie6 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Spread it on a crusket and have it with sliced avocado or tuna or salmon or whatever to add flavour
  • flopsy1973
    Options
    I like it on toast, on a baked potato or i love it mixed with salad so then i don't have to put any dressing on it :smile:
  • flopsy1973
    Options
    sounds nice with strawberries :smile:
  • Stixx28
    Stixx28 Posts: 55
    Options
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1/2 cup rolled oats
    1/2 banana
    3 egg whites
    vanilla
    cinnamon

put it in a blender, mix and pour onto a hot lightly sprayed pan or griddle

flip when there are bubbles

makes about 3 pancakes

I like mine with jam or fresh fruit!

I've had these, they rock, and you can get sugar free fruit toppings! They are moist and you can't tell the cottage cheese is in there! Also called "Protene Pancakes" and "Power Pancakes"
  • dvcab
    dvcab Posts: 78
    Options
    low fat cottage cheese is one of my favourites for lunch, generally have it with two water biscuits (jacobs or other brands) and six saline biscuits (tuc or ritz). It works for me
    This is my fav lunch too in Aussie we buy it flavoured with onion and chive or gherkin or sweet chilli then i have it on cruskits very easy for the office desk
  • thpeek
    thpeek Posts: 76
    Options
    I like to add it to my spicey chili to calm it down a little and I also like it plain with a touch of seasoning salt and pepper.
  • rolyprince
    rolyprince Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I love having a drop of honey in my cottage cheese. It makes it a healthy dessert!! :-)
  • littlecrystal
    littlecrystal Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I love my cottage cheese and have it every morning with some cornflakes mixed in.
    Other option I like is cottage cheese + orange pieces
    My children love cottage cheese pie from cottage cheese, eggs, butter, some raisins, milk and half-cooked pasta
    Our new hit is cottage cheese & spinach lasagna – we love the taste and it is really easy to make – look up the recipe on Internet.
    I buy at least 8 tubs of cottage cheese every week for my breakfast + various use.
    Needless to say, I absolutely love it :)
  • Sophiepoo
    Sophiepoo Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I like mixing in sliced strawberries and vanilla protein powder and having it as a sort of dessert. It's really good :)

D: good idea!