Replies

• Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • LENAhall
    LENAhall Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    we have a tub in the fridge that i've been looking at for a week...wondering what to do! i'm so glad someone asked this question!
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    Avoid it.
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    I love it plain with a bit of salt and pepper. I also love it with any of the following in it:
    tomatoes
    avocado
    carrots and celery (sliced thin)
    potato chips (adds a salt crunch)
    peaches
    pineapple
    kiwi
    apples
    mixed tropical fruit
    cherries
    strawberries
    blueberries

This recipe is yummy, you may want to season it up more it's a bit bland if you just follow the recipe:
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/simple-lasagna/detail.aspx

I haven't tried this one myself, yet, but I really want to:
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/fruit-n-nut-spread/detail.aspx
  • joy31021
    joy31021 Posts: 216
    Options
    bump
  • Ninatoots
    Ninatoots Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Make low fat Lasagna
  • elsll
    elsll Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Tina180130
    Tina180130 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Bump ...thx
  • flossi73
    flossi73 Posts: 4
    Options
    bump
  • Ninatoots
    Ninatoots Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Fluffy Pancakes

2 extra large eggs
    1/4 cup cottage cheese
    2 Tablespoons cream cheese (laughing cow's)That is my idea here.
    pinch of sugar substitute ,
    1 Tablespoon wheat germ
    1Tablespoon rice flour or Wondra
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    pinch of baking soda

Whip the eggs in a food processor or by hand until frothy. add the cheeses and beat until smooth. Add a little artificial sweetener. Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse to blind. Gently scrape the batter onto the griTddle about 10 pancakes. cook over medium heat until the edges of the cakes are set and large bubbles appear across the surface,about 1 minute. Carefully flip them and cook for half as long as on the first side or until golden. Serve on heated plates, with a drizzle of dietetic maple syrup or berry syrup . per serving 10 grams carbohydrate, 13 grams protein

I don't know the calories
    from the book Protein Power

Nina
  • trinoc
    trinoc Posts: 73
    Options
    Bump - I love plain cottage cheese but there are a ton of great ideas in this thread!
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    i just bought non-fat cottage cheese because i feel like a lot of people use it in recipes..except i don't know what to use it in! haha. how do you guys enjoy it? i know a lot of people just put fruit in it. i think i've seen pancake recipes that call for it too??
    please post your recipes!! thanks :)

Recipes? I LOVE cottage cheese, just as it is! Who needs recipes!
  • LoserCruiser
    Options
    I like it plain with a bit of pepper and immitation bacon bits on it;) Also good on baked potatoes with some low fat chilli!
  • doinitforme2012
    doinitforme2012 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    i like to eat it plain with a little salt, with fruit or nuts. i use it how i would use yogurt i guess.
  • nannabannana
    Options
    bump..tks for sharing. I also didn't know what to do with it. Seen quite a few recipes that may be keepers.:smile:
  • nannabannana
    Options
    Fluffy Pancakes

2 extra large eggs
    1/4 cup cottage cheese
    2 Tablespoons cream cheese (laughing cow's)That is my idea here.
    pinch of sugar substitute ,
    1 Tablespoon wheat germ
    1Tablespoon rice flour or Wondra
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    pinch of baking soda

Whip the eggs in a food processor or by hand until frothy. add the cheeses and beat until smooth. Add a little artificial sweetener. Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse to blind. Gently scrape the batter onto the griTddle about 10 pancakes. cook over medium heat until the edges of the cakes are set and large bubbles appear across the surface,about 1 minute. Carefully flip them and cook for half as long as on the first side or until golden. Serve on heated plates, with a drizzle of dietetic maple syrup or berry syrup . per serving 10 grams carbohydrate, 13 grams protein

I don't know the calories
    from the book Protein Power

Nina

Your recipe sounds interesting. I will have to try it one day. Tks
  • JEKJEK1
    JEKJEK1 Posts: 2
    Options
    COTTAGE CHEESE WITH PINEAPPLE IS THE BEST ON CRACKERS AND MIXED THROUGH A LEAFY NO CAL SALAD
  • Balice57
    Balice57 Posts: 125
    Options
    I love to chop up an apple and mix it into cottage cheese with a touch of mayo - apple salad, tasty.
  • womaninashoe6
    Options
    Love it with fruit, and plain. But my FAVORITE is as a base for a blueberry pie smoothie.

1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1/2 cup frozen blueberries
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1 full graham cracker
    1/4 -1/2 cup almond milk

blend it all together (yes the graham cracker too) and enjoy. It really is like drinking a blueberry cream pie.
  • RainyDayGirl
    Options
    I like it with sliced strawberries or cantaulope, or both. It is high in sodium, but I love it. I am a texture person and I like its texture.