cottage cheese..what do do with it?!

Options

Replies

• osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I used to think I hated cottage cheese till I started scrambling it in my eggs. soooooo good that way! I also mix it with ranch dressing powder and eat it with veggies sometimes, or with hot sauce...I realized I actually like it when I mix it with other things!
  • ImRadical4Jesus
    ImRadical4Jesus Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • giddybutterfly
    Options
    plain wth pepper and crackers....yum!
  • mem1086
    mem1086 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    OOOHH that sounds good!
  • sissypunks
    Options
    put peaches or pineapple in it or in a baked potato YUMMY!
  • StrawberrySt
    Options
    Bump for ideas

I'm loving the savoury ideas as I've heard of people mixing it with low fat jello which sounds too sweet for me!
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Mix 500g pot with 2 beaten eggs and the kind of vegetable you like suitable for a quiche, onions, mushrooms, peppers.

Then add to a flan dish and pop in the oven at about 180' for 25 mins or until just turning golden on top. Great warm for a meal or cold as snacks, should make 4 decent portions or 6 snack.

Really low cal overall.

sounds lovely!
  • veggievixen79
    veggievixen79 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    yummm thanks for the ideas!
  • jasonthekidd
    Options
    Mix it with Fruit, Fruit, and more Fruit!
    Blueberrys, Pineapple, Strawberries, even Bananas....

Awesome snack or meal.
    Love it for how simple it is....
  • 8lttle10s
    8lttle10s Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    you can add sugar free fat free box of dry jello and a container of fat free sugar free cool whip for a yummy dessert. you can also add to fruit to that.

My niece uses it in her chicken salad recipe and reduces the amount of mayo
  • rbates822
    rbates822 Posts: 14
    Options
    Great ideas!! Thanks for sharing!
  • BurkeshireFarms
    BurkeshireFarms Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I like to eat it plain. But my wife mixes her's with a little bit of Polaner All Fruit w/ Fiber. She seems to like it that way.

Also, the All Fruit is a great substitute to syrup over some decent healthy pancakes.
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    i mix it with yogurt, or fruit (pineapple, peaches, strawberries etc) eat it with club crackers (like a dip or spread), put pepper on it and just eat it, add a little bit of dorothy lynch to it and eat it, add it to a salad lol i love cottage cheese
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    i mix it with yogurt, or fruit (pineapple, peaches, strawberries etc) eat it with club crackers (like a dip or spread), put pepper on it and just eat it, add a little bit of dorothy lynch to it and eat it, add it to a salad lol i love cottage cheese
    i also mix it with salsa and eat it with tortilla chips, mix it with diced fresh tomatoes and pepper and eat it as a salad or on top of tacos, put it in lasagna, mix it with apple sauce and dip graham crackers in it
  • skullik
    skullik Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I put a half tsp of ranch dry dressing in it and stir. Then I will eat on my vegi burger! YUM!! And maybe some sliced tomatoes too!! :D
  • MaggieMay131
    MaggieMay131 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Great & filling breakfast: 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp splenda. Mix it all up... serve with a slice of whole wheat toast. Cottage cheese mixed with cinnamon & spldenda sounded gross to me at first but it's quite good.. and if you measure a whole cup, it's a lot!! Very filling! :)
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Put it in a blender along with some sugar free/ fat free pudding mix and milk of your choice for some high protein pudding.
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Plain with pepper or mixed with pineapple (or pears) for breakfast. Yummy!
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Lasagna. ..mmmm