Are people shallow if they hit on you after you’ve lost we

Options
1235»

Replies

• jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Soooo first of all, you're obviously not the type of person I'm talking about, and second of all, I never said it's okay for someone to treat another person badly... nor did I suggest it.

Perhaps I should have put quotes in there and reworded it as such...

There seems to often be a mentality of "It's okay for me to be fat because people should accept me for who I am."

I made that initial statement specifically to clarify that I wasn't the type of person you are talking about because what I was going to say next might have sounded like I do have that mentality. Sorry, didn't mean it to come off as defensive. However, I did take your point to mean that heavy people shouldn't or don't have a valid reason to be hurt or offended when someone does or says something unkind to them because of their weight. At least, that's how it sounded to me. It is a little difficult to determine a poster's/commentator's tone/intent sometimes.
  • elysianashes
    Options
    Oh, sorry! No, not at all. I think it's awful that people are jerks to those who are overweight, and there's never an excuse for that. I only meant that there are too many people who say, "How DARE you think that it's not okay for me to be fat! I'll be fat if I want to!" just because someone states that they prefer those who are fit. It's almost like some of them use their weight as an act of defiance maybe? Does that make sense? Like, "I'll eat what I want, when I want, and there's nothing you can do about it. See? Nom nom nom," and then get pissy that the guy they like prefers skinnier gals, because "my weight shouldn't matter to him". But everyone has their preferences. I guess I just get annoyed when people say that it's not okay to be interested in someone based on their looks and what their preference is.
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    It depends. If it is someone who really knew you before, then YES... they already knew your wonderful personality and ignored it due to your outward appearance. If it is someone you didn't really know, your new appearance may be what draws them in, THEN they get to know the wonderful personality.
  • Vfit2013
    Vfit2013 Posts: 3
    Options
    I think it's funny how people are not reading the post and replying to it... It's probably my fault because the title was too long and doesn't display 1/2 of it...I know it's long but if you read it you would find out that I am saying that people are not shollow for hitting on me now that I'm losing pounds. I am actualy understanding why it is happening even if I've only lost a few pounds. But thanks for taking the time to reply anyways.
  • Vfit2013
    Vfit2013 Posts: 3
    Options
    I wish you would have read the post...