young gal friends wanted

Replies

• IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Cheeseburgers for everyone. Cranky people need to eat.

I have cheeseburgers in my van for hungry young gals!
  • Hey, is this a fitness message board or a place to find a girl friend?????
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    OP even though your desire to help is admirable. Usage of words is very important. All I could hear was the Amber Alert that was getting ready to play.

Ditto.

And I would discourage my own daughter from befriending a complete stranger, especially an adult, under these circumstances. Not safe.
    agreed! No matter what your intention here and I hope they really are honorable.. this post is creeping me out...
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member

1. Even though no one under 18 is supposed to be here, there are many who lie about their ages and join, anyway. Some of them are dumb enough to admit it publicly.

2. Sending her a private message would not achieve the purpose of calling attention to what she's done wrong. Think about it. Some dumb kid is on here, sees this post and thinks, "Oh, I'll be her friend!" But then said dumb kid sees our responses and thinks twice about it because that dumb kid didn't consider the possible danger until that dumb kid's attention was brought to it by our responses.

3. To whose definition of "adult" are are adhering?

You're absolutely right hun. I'm not here to argue with you... or anyone else for that matter. Because the truth of the matter is this... Her post caused a controversy. On this website, I've seen totally sensible and non controversial posts where people much of whom were commenting here... have tried to be "funny" for the sake of each other. If you feel like you had a legitimate beef with what she said and you felt the need to GO ALL IN, then by all means do what you like. I don't believe she had any ill will behind her post. Not only from the first post but she then EXPLAINED herself. My point is, all this ganging UP on people that MOST DO ON THIS SITE is unnecessary. She was being GANGED UP ON and that's NOT an adult way to conduct ourselves. No matter HOW you slice it.

So you and anyone else, go right ahead and go all out in this crusade to save the children, if you think it's necessary. I personally just do not agree that it is. She is offering ministry to young women who struggle with the same issues that SHE HAS at some point. YOU or anyone else wouldn't know that though, because you're too busy posting pictures of pedo bears and vans.

I know my opinion isn't law, and it isn't popular here on this thread, but just like you think you're "standing up for something right", I don't. I think you're picking on someone and ganging up on her and using hypothetical scenarios as your basis to cover up the fact that you're trying to get a laugh out of the rest of the "really cool snarky people". And I don't think that's cool... or adult.

Have a good one.

So you would encourage your child to respond to such a post?

She says she had those issues. Maybe she did. Or maybe she's not who she claims to be. Always better safe than sorry. I'll err on the side of keeping children safe rather than worrying about the feelings of an adult who should know better.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Cheeseburgers for everyone. Cranky people need to eat.
    I have cheeseburgers in my van for hungry young gals!
    VWg9M.jpg
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,319 Member
    So you and anyone else, go right ahead and go all out in this crusade to save the children, if you think it's necessary. I personally just do not agree that it is. She is offering ministry to young women who struggle with the same issues that SHE HAS at some point. YOU or anyone else wouldn't know that though, because you're too busy posting pictures of pedo bears and vans.

Wow. In fact, I think that is exactly what we were doing.
  • rml_16
    There was also an elephant there many years ago that took a particular liking to her. Maybe there's something she's never told me.
    Ever see "The Island of Dr. Moreau"?

No, but I'm aware of it. Based on a true story, perhaps?
  • MrsGoHard
    MrsGoHard Posts: 150 Member

Wow. In fact, I think that is exactly what we were doing.

Yeah I guess.. Save the children by having "who can make the funniest pedophile response" contests... smh...

lol

bye peeps. You're going to defend ganging up on her and going all out to make each other laugh, and I won't buy it. :ohwell:
  • rml_16
    bye peeps. You're going to defend ganging up on her and going all out to make each other laugh, and I won't buy it. :ohwell:

But then how can I pay for my cheeseburger? I need money!
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Bump. Because my friends aren't going to believe this happened and I need proof.
  • GasMasterFlash
    You're going to defend ganging up on her and going all out to make each other laugh, and I won't buy it. :ohwell:
    How about some candy? I have some candy in my van... :wink:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    I was peed on by a pygmy marmoset.
    How far were you from the monkey? Was it above you? Were you peed on or at?

The pygmy marmoset (:angry: )was hanging off a chain link fence, above me. I was about 2 feet away from the fence. I was more peed at than on. He sprayed a bunch of people. I can't be sure, but he looked like he was laughing.
  • GasMasterFlash
    I was peed on by a pygmy marmoset.
    How far were you from the monkey? Was it above you? Were you peed on or at?
    The pygmy marmoset (:angry: )was hanging off a chain link fence, above me. I was about 2 feet away from the fence. I was more peed at than on. He sprayed a bunch of people. I can't be sure, but he looked like he was laughing.
    The pygmy marmoset is a monkey, dude.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    So you would encourage your child to respond to such a post?

She says she had those issues. Maybe she did. Or maybe she's not who she claims to be. Always better safe than sorry. I'll err on the side of keeping children safe rather than worrying about the feelings of an adult who should know better.
    Good grief. I thinks she's already tried explaining what her original topic and post meant. She's new here, maybe she's naive and didn't realize how her post could be perceived. Hopefully she will take the constructive critcism and learn how her good intentions can seem to concerned parents and others.
    I find the posts ridiculing child molestation far more offensive than what she did. You all are so ready to attack her for poorly worded post, yet you're okay with posting memes and mocking how REAL predators attract children.
  • arkansascountrygirl
    arkansascountrygirl Posts: 234 Member
    for all my haters who hate me: I posted my story in hopes that you would try being compassionate and better understand me.

for those who do understand me and have shown me kindness thank you.
  • blueeyedcristi
    blueeyedcristi Posts: 304 Member
    Wow. Creepy beyond belief.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Wow. Creepy beyond belief.

My mind.
    You read it.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Beating-a-dead-horse.gif
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    hi. i'm 39 years old and i've just started 6th grade. i need some strong older women to teach me about my upcoming first period. Anyone? please FR me.
  • Ayeshat
    Ayeshat Posts: 209
    WTF??... This whole thread which was started when a woman offered some support to some people has been a joke about child molesters?? looool how? did anyone actually respond to the actual thread topic?
This discussion has been closed.