Fifty Shades Freed:blushing:
  • SKIPPER
    SKIPPER Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Just finished Gone Girl, half way through New York
  • olong
    olong Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    just finished the fifty shades trilogy ... i liked it even if others dont.

Just started The Night Circus..

If anyone can reccomend any other good trilogies please do so.. im into action ( i have just read hunger games soo good).. girly romance...magic... anything with a gripping story !

Night Circus was good. If you like Young Adult (Hunger Games like books), I'd recomment the Trylle trilogy by Anamda Hocking (tho I've only just finished the first two...). The Delirium trilogy by Lauren Oliver. The Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth. Delirium and Divergent are of dystopian societies much like Hunger Games. The Trylle series is a little Harry Potter (but a troll society rather than wizards & witches) and a little Princess Diaries (lead girl is a Princess and didn't know it and is learning about the kingdom she is to inherit).

If you liked the Fifty Shades series, you might like to try the Crossfire series by Slyvia. Book One, Bared to You, is out in soft cvoer, but Book Two, Deeper Into You, is only in kindle/ebook format right now - the book book will be released in October 2012. Same basic premise, young college graduate in first job (tho' she's got money of her own) meets young accomplished businessman. Steamy scenes, yes, but not the emphasis on D/s relationship. Also, like Christian, there is a history to Gideon that needs to be revealed.

Happy to talk more!
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I am reading Breaking Dawn still, It has taken me forever to start reading it. I like the book, but the book is so long I don't really like picking it up. My friend is glad I am reading it because he loves those books and has been bugging me since it came out to read it, but I don't really like starting big books because they take so long and look like so much work.
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I am currently reading the Earth's Children series by Jean M. Auel.

It's a prehistoric love story and I can't put the books down.
  • olong
    Options
    Just finished books 1 & 2 of Trylle Trilogy by Amanda Hocking... liking dystopian societies of YA series.

Waiting on Pandemonium, second book in Delirium series, from the library.

Am starting Divergent series while I wait.
  • dusty_712001
    dusty_712001 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am currently re-reading The Dragon Reborn which is the 3rd bood in The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jorden. I am hoping I don't get through them to soon before the final book of the series comes out in Novermber (I hope).

From all the post, I am going to have to get a hold of 50 Shades of Grey and The Hunger Games series.

To the couple of people who were leary about the backlash in regards to reading the Twilight series, I am also a fan who has read the series multiple times. Its relaxing light reading (no, I am not trying to change minds of the people that dont like Twilight), I am just emphasizing thats why different genres exist; people have different taste.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Fifty Shades Freed--- almost done.
  • olong
    Options
    Just finished Hunger Games and am well into Fifty Shades of Grey right now (with the other 2 books pre-ordered) and Catching Fire is on tap.

I finished Fifty Shades and the second book in the series. Don't think I want to read the last one. I'm currently reading "Poughkeepsie" and I'm loving it. I also just bought the next book in the J.R. Ward series "Lover Reborn", going to get to that one next.

Just finished Poughkeepsie!!! REALLY liked it!!! I've a handful of J. R. Wards patiently waiting in Mount TBR.
  • Thorpychick
    Options
    I like the following, depending on what you like to read of course:

Non Fiction: I am a big fan of this book 'The Raw Food Detox Diet - Natalia Rose'. I liked this so much I brought a hard copy.

Fiction: 50 Shades of Grey.
  • lelstar
    lelstar Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Today I started reading A Game Of Thrones by George R R Martin on Azhuresnow's suggestion, it's much heavier than what I was reading before but 2 chapters in I'm definitely interested.
  • Tebbspcad
    Tebbspcad Posts: 233
    Options
    'And then there were none' by Agatha Christie, its a goal of mine to read all her books this year :)
  • masked_habit
    Options
    I am reading 1984 and I have a kindle! on that I was reading Wasted.
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
  • dreamingchild
    dreamingchild Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I go through phases and haven't been reading anything lately, but have a goal of two books a month so need to pick up a new book to read.

Love all the ideas that I get from threads like this!
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Just finished My Sisters Keeper and as the band wagon was rolling by thought I'd jump on so started Fifty Shades of Grey last night :blushing:
  • Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Options
    I am reading Steven Tylers book "Does the Noise In My Head Bother You?". It is really all over the place but still interesting to hear about all of the people he knew when he was first starting out.
  • Titanuim
    Titanuim Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I just finished Wool by Hugh Howey. Best book I have read in ages in the dystopia genre. I am how working my way through Hugh Howey's other works. Luckily they are very cheap to buy from the ebook store on Amazon.

After I finished with Mr Howey's writings I have World War Z and Riddley Walker lined up.
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Finished "Gang Leader For a Day" by Sadir Venkatesh.
    (co-authored Freakonomics)

Was for a SOC class, but I must say that was an EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT book. Would recommend in a second to anyone.
  • alinakaras
    alinakaras Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    "Fifty Shades Freed" :-) I'm actually quite glad that I'm nearly finishing this trilogy - I wan to move on to "The Hunger Games"!