Replies

• IAMDDAY
    IAMDDAY Posts: 771
    Options
    The Dragons Heir
  • GoTakizawa
    GoTakizawa Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm not reading it yet but I'm trying to get my hands on a copy of World War Z by Max Brooks.

I just finished Brave New World by Aldous Huxley

WWZ is so good, written by the son of Mel Brooks...hilarious, he def inherited his pop's sense of humor.

I read a copy of Brave New World that contained a bonus of Huxley's writings and that man was brilliant beyond his time. Wish I still had that copy so I could tell you what the name of that essay was!
  • indisguise
    indisguise Posts: 235
    Options
    If chins could kill - confessions of a B movie actor by Bruce Campbell
  • Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    gossip girl
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    I recently bought a Kindle Fire and was wondering what everyone was reading to keep themselves "busy". I feel like this has really kept my mind off of food and yummy commercials fast food commercials and has helped me lose some lbs.

The Cupcake Revolution: 1000 New Ways to Prepare Your Favorite Naughty Dessert

History of Fried Foods

Roy Kroc: From High School Dropout to McDonald's Legend

--P
  • thisisjl
    thisisjl Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Currently reading Kiss the Dead by Laurell K Hamilton and listening to Seduced by Moonlight also Laurell K Hamilton. I also have JD Robb's New York to Dallas on my night stand. I am a huge reader I normally have several books going at once.
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading "Fallen" by Karin Slaughter, finished "No-one left to tell" by Karen Rose last week and part-way through "Half-Head" by Stuart MacBride, but finding that a bit difficult to get into.

Is everyone on here (ladies-wise or even men :smile: ) obsessed with "50 shades of grey" as well? Can't say I've read it (or want to either), or even heard of it (up until last week when everyone was mentioning it on Facebook)
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I'm reeeeally looking forward to Patrick Rothfuss's books being delivered (in hard copy). A friend lent me 'Name of the Wind' (the 2nd book in the triology' to fill in an hour or so I had to kill. I read about 100 pages and now I'm really hooked and I want more!

If you like books like George R R Martin's Game of Thrones series, you'll love this one. Different type of world/plot/characters etc and slightly better writing.
  • lrobson555
    lrobson555 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am very impressed by all these people who can read multiple books at the same time! I just get confused between story lines!

I'm currently reading The Unheeded Christ, a book of sermons by David Cook. Only one sermon in, but its very challenging so far!
  • HollyRutledge
    HollyRutledge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    50 shades of grey:smokin:
  • lisav6
    lisav6 Posts: 56
    Options
    Slope Stability
    Foundations
    and several articles about the shear strenght of dessicated fissured clays.
    The dessicated fissured clay dies at the end.

Hahaha! Spoiler alert!
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Just finished The Other Boleyn Girl - great book.
    Deciding to ready wuthering heights or all the Eragon books lol
    Glad I seen this im always on the hunt for new books! cant have enough :)
  • TheFitFireman
    TheFitFireman Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    We Were Soldiers Once...and Young
    American Sniper
    The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding
  • nyssa1231
    nyssa1231 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Towers of Midnight by Robert Jordan & Brandon Sanderson.
  • jrwatson87
    jrwatson87 Posts: 66
    Options
    Beat lit! Ginsburg, Burroughs, Kerouac and Snyder. Some good stuff in there
  • Trishabelle12
    Trishabelle12 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Currently reading Kiss the Dead by Laurell K Hamilton and listening to Seduced by Moonlight also Laurell K Hamilton. I also have JD Robb's New York to Dallas on my night stand. I am a huge reader I normally have several books going at once.

I love Laurell K Hamilton - read quite a few of her books.

I just finished Swan Song by Robert McCammon and am almost through Steve Jobs.

Great thread :)
  • thisisjl
    thisisjl Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options

I've read both her (Hamilton) series a couple times now waiting for the next Merry book to come out lol and she just released a Kiss the Dead I've got a long wait ahead of me.
  • Trishabelle12
    Trishabelle12 Posts: 145 Member
    Options

I've read both her (Hamilton) series a couple times now waiting for the next Merry book to come out lol and she just released a Kiss the Dead I've got a long wait ahead of me.

So many books...so little time!
  • pedraz
    pedraz Posts: 173
    Options
    Bill Bryson--- A Walk In The Woods
    Amongst many others too long and drawn out to mention. The above is the "quick read" , fun!
  • pedraz
    pedraz Posts: 173
    Options
    Beat lit! Ginsburg, Burroughs, Kerouac and Snyder. Some good stuff in there
    Oooooo, I love Gary Snyder!