What are you currently reading??

Options

Replies

• angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    50 Shades of Gray and it is awesome! One of the best books I've read :heart:
  • notaperfect10
    notaperfect10 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I love so many of the books mentioned on here.
    I've just finished "The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry" by Rachel Joyce, which is a lovely unexpected treasure. Her first novel,
    It's about a retired man who walks out of his house one morning to post a letter to a friend who he hasn't seen or spoken to for years. She sent him a card saying goodbye, as she is dying. He writes his letter, but feels it's such an inadequate gesture, that he can't post it, and he keeps walking...... and he walks the length of Britain to see her.
    I enjoyed it much more than I thought I was going to! :happy:
  • GlitterGoldJem
    GlitterGoldJem Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge Twilight fan but have only seen the movies ... since I'm dying in suspense for the last movie I've decided to read the books and I'm loving them. I'm almost finished with New Moon which is also my favorite movie of the series. :)
  • keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch of books going right now, but in exchange for my recommendation of "The Hunger Games" trilogy (for which he was grateful), DS18 has suggested/requested that I read "Ender's Game". So, I am reading that now and am surprised to be enjoying it so much.

I am also reading the second of the "Fifty Shades..." trilogy.

and

Reclaiming Lily

Also just finished the "Chased" series by Lauren Dane (hot romance)

I read a LOT of free Kindle books, many by authors I'd never be exposed to otherwise, and suprisingly, many of them are so good that I will purchase or borrow from the library other books by the same author (I'm sure that's the reason many of them offer up their books on Kindle for free)
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    I don't have to really sit and read books. I travel everyday so I try to listen to audiobooks. A great one I listened to was called "Things I've Learned from Women Who've Dumped Me." Hilarious. Laughed until I cried.
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Oh my, I am reading the "50 shades of gray" trilogy. Holy hotness. Mature reading!! Read the first book in about 2 days. Working on the 2nd book now :D
  • Nisa22
    Nisa22 Posts: 3
    Options
    Yes, I have to older kindle and I love it. I have read approximately 6 books since Christmas (gift). I have also used it on my treadmill so I can read and walk at the same time. I had to make the font bigger to read when on the treadmill in order to be able to read it while moving, but so far it is working great. Nisa
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Just finished the Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan, which looks at where our food comes from and why organic might be the better choice. Very shocking read!

I'm currently reading one of the Chicken Noodle Soup books (Christmas... I'm a bit behind.) A lot of times they're sad, but they're always inspirational.

Shannon
  • Aeriesified
    Aeriesified Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Wow, lots of people picking up The Hunger Games! If anyone is interested in something in the same vein after they finished those ones, try to get your hands on a copy of Battle Royale by Koushun Takami. It was written about ten years before The Hunger Games, and is also about a bunch of teens thrown into a fight to the death sort of game. The translation is a little rough in some areas, but it's fantastic!
  • RedSunshine365
    RedSunshine365 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Although I have a ton of books stacked up on my Kindle, I'm devouring the entire Diana Gabaldon "Outlander" series on audiobook format from audible. For anyone that likes her books, if you haven't "listened" to them, you're missing out. The narrator is awesome.

Jamie Fraser is the ....oh geez there just aren't words to describe how much I'm in love with this character. ***swoon***

I'm halfway through An Echo in the Bone and am already starting to dread finishing it...because the next book isn't due out until next year and who knows when the audiobook will be ready!
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Auschwitz by laurence rees
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I just started 51 Shades of Grey. Not far in but loving it! :love:

These books are going to be next purchase....heard great things about them. :)
  • tishaloses
    tishaloses Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    The Hungar Games trilogy

me too!! Didn't think I would like the books but I can't put them down!!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    "Heat Lightnintg" by John Sandford
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Catching Fire, the second book in the Hunger Games trilogy
  • ethelhodg73
    Options
    I am reading Summer At Willow Lake by Susan Wiggs but I'm thinking my next book will be The Hunger Games. I saw the movie and would like to understand it better so I'm going to read the book.
  • IdRatherBeReading
    IdRatherBeReading Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I started the first book in the 1-800-WHERE R U series....When Lightning Strikes. There are 5 books and they made a TV series out of it in like 2002ish I think called 1-800-MISSING. I tend to go more for YA books....I like light books that do not make me think too much lol
  • TammyBee
    TammyBee Posts: 178
    Options
    If you are on facebook like a page called "Pixel of Ink". They notify you whenever new free books become available on the kindle. Love it!
  • MichelleDurrance
    Options
    woman's devontional version of the NLT Bible. Im really enjoying it. Ive only read the king james in the past.
  • ToEKnee213
    ToEKnee213 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch of books going right now, but in exchange for my recommendation of "The Hunger Games" trilogy (for which he was grateful), DS18 has suggested/requested that I read "Ender's Game". So, I am reading that now and am surprised to be enjoying it so much.

I am also reading the second of the "Fifty Shades..." trilogy.

and

Reclaiming Lily

Also just finished the "Chased" series by Lauren Dane (hot romance)

I read a LOT of free Kindle books, many by authors I'd never be exposed to otherwise, and suprisingly, many of them are so good that I will purchase or borrow from the library other books by the same author (I'm sure that's the reason many of them offer up their books on Kindle for free)

Love Lauren Dane & also Megan Hart....awesome authors.