What are you currently reading??

Options

Replies

• klross
    klross Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm reading "The Forgotten Garden" by Kate Morton for my book club and "Spying in High Heels" by Gemma Halliday for myself. Next...Hunger Games :)

I read two of the "Spying in High Heels" and laughed so much. They are pretty good aren't they? I've got to get back to those as well.
  • Jessb1985
    Jessb1985 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Just finished reading the hunger games trilogy (Loved it!)

Currently starting to read "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks" - It's the biography of the lady and ethics behind the heLa cells. Sounds boring but I'm loving it :)
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options

Next up is The Long Goodbye by Raymond Chandler

That's in my pile.
    Prior to the Bradbury book I read Dashiel Hammett's The Maltese Falcon ;)

A good hardboiled detective book can be great.

I like your style! I nearly bought The Maltese Falcon the other week as it was on sale at my local discount book store (are they remaking the film version or something?) didn't bother as I decided it was best to be sensible and read all the books I have piling up waiting to be read. I did actually buy Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451 though as I really want to read that.
  • Aeriesified
    Aeriesified Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I've currently got a PDF version of "House Of Leaves" on my phone. I don't think they make an e-book version. The footnotes are just crazy in some areas!

If anyone is looking for some good horror, this is definitely one to pick up. Frightens the pants off me.
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    bump
  • careyayn22
    Options
    Escape: a story about Carolyn Jessop ( polygamy FDLS escapee).
    The Whole Brain Child: a parenting book

...I just came off a trash run. I read the Fifty Shades books. Crap. Entertaining crap. :blushing:
  • Geyser_Mountain_Dreamer
    Options
    Polished off 'Returning To Earth' by Jim Harrison.

Getting ready to start 'Ordinary Wolves' by Seth Kantner.
  • Ayeshat
    Ayeshat Posts: 209
    Options
    Les miserables.... in between uni text books..... its taking me a while to finish lool
  • jaric01
    jaric01 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Finally got talked into reading the Hunger Games series, and I'm glad I did. It's well written and an easy read.
  • fourmonks
    Options
    I love the puritans. I am reading a "call to the unconverted" by Richard Baxter. It is excellent.
  • sidhe31
    sidhe31 Posts: 96
    Options
    Currently working on Salman Rusdhie's "Enchantress of Florence" and Umberto Eco's "The Prague Cemetery". Most likely should have taken them on one at a time rather than together.
  • booshay71
    booshay71 Posts: 20
    Options
    Breaking Night. Its about a little girl and the parents are junkies... I did get a book on Sugar, got a little bit over that. to many diets out there, this seems to be working for me and the longest ive ever stuck to some thing
  • Samysalsa
    Samysalsa Posts: 45
    Options
    Currently: Bitter is the New Black- Jen Lancaster (She's funny as ****!)

Ordered from B&N and on the way: The Happiness Project and Commando: the biography of Johnny Ramone
  • Samysalsa
    Samysalsa Posts: 45
    Options
    Lol everyone's reading the Hunger Games :p

I just finished reading 'Heaven is for Real' [little boy visits Heaven] and 'The Winter Palace' [about Catherine the Great; fiction].

Now I'm reading 'Animal Farm' while I wait for 'Schindler's List' to be delivered to me :)

I loved heaven is for real and animal farm!
  • bdhoward87
    bdhoward87 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm not reading it yet but I'm trying to get my hands on a copy of World War Z by Max Brooks.

I just finished Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
  • offthedeependay
    offthedeependay Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Autobiography of a Yogi
    By Paramhansa Yogananda
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Black Hole Wars by Leonard Susskind

Physics, ftw!! :D
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I'm reading My Life Without God, by William J. Murray, son of Madalyn Murray O'Hair. What a story!
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Cemetery Girl by David J Bell

It's a GREAT book & available for Kindle.
  • lynneruth
    lynneruth Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just finished A Dance with Dragons also, looking forward to the second season of Game of Thrones starting on HBO next week. Love George R R Martin. I read lots of this type of books, sci-fi and fantasy, also historical fiction, just started reading Lady of the Rivers by Philippa Gregory. I have read almost every book she has written. I am retired so I have lots of time to read, and just got a Kindle from my kids for christmas. Since I no longer can drive a car and have to walk to the library and no one in my neighborhood bothers to shovel the sidewalks it can be pretty miserable to walk in the winter, so with the Kindle my library lets you borrow books over Wi Fi without even going there, great for me when the weather is too cold or icy, or when the summer brings lots of 90 degrees and humid days. Also amazon has books you can borrow for free too, and tons of books you can "buy" for free. I hope the next book coming after Dance with Dragons doesnt take to long to be published, it was almost 6 years between Feast for Crows and Dance with Dragons. I am too old to be wanting to wait that long. I might not be around then. :)