What are you currently reading??

Options

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Just finished "Hunger Games" (book 1). And now simultaneously reading "Confederacy of Dunces" and "The Painted Bird". Waiting for April 1st, so I can borrow the 2nd Hunger Games book from Amazon Prime. Just got my Kindle (Touch) a very short time ago, and I'm hoping it will ignite a reading spark in me. So far it's working. :)
  • dreamzvt
    dreamzvt Posts: 96
    Options
    Magic Foods
  • TheSoupMan
    TheSoupMan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just finished 'Dance with Dragons', now trying to figure out what to read until the next book in the series, since George RR Martin won't give birth to the next one until who knows when.

The Kingkiller Chronicle by Patrick Rothfuss scratched that itch nicely for me after finishing Dance. It's a trilogy, but only two of the three have been released (The Name of the Wind and Wise Man's Fear). I told myself I wouldn't be getting into unfinished series in the future thanks to GRRM, but it sucked me in.
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Double Dexter

Going back to the Anita Blake - Vampire Hunter series
  • twinlaced
    twinlaced Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami :o
  • zinok
    zinok Posts: 185
    Options
    The Way of The Pipe. It's about Aboriginal spirituality and healing in corrective facilities, for my anthropology of law course.

But for fun, I've really been wanting to read the hunger games. I will probably check them out after this semester is over. My all time favourites are Kushiel's Dart by Jacqueline Carey and a Game of Thrones by George R.R Martin. I'm also partial to Peony In Love and various historical fiction.
  • dewgirl321
    dewgirl321 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Seven Deadly Sins by Corey Taylor (of Slipknot and Stone Sour). Very interesting so far! That guy is funny, interesting, and incredibly deep.

Definitely enjoyed the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy. Also recommend the Rose trilogy by Jennifer Donnelly.
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I know it is pop media since everyone who has not read it is reading it now bcuz of the movie but I started reading hunger games last night on my nook color just to see what all the buz is about and bcuz I want to see the movie. Besides I like distopia future sci fi stories :)
  • CeisMomma
    Options
    I recently bought a Kindle Fire and was wondering what everyone was reading to keep themselves "busy". I feel like this has really kept my mind off of food and yummy commercials fast food commercials and has helped me lose some lbs.

Currently the Immortal series. My daughter wanted me to read it. It's ok, but not great. Have you checked out Goodreads.com? It's a site to keep track of books you want to read and are reading. I'm CeisMomma on there if anyone wants to check it out and add me.
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Plum Spooky Janet Evanovich love her!!!
    I love her too!!! Just reading Naughty Neighbor by her. And I have Foul Play next!
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Just finished the hunger games and. Watching fire by Suzanne Collins, moving on to mockingjay now :)
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    Just finished The Hunger Games Trilogy and have started A Song of Fire & Ice series (A Game of Thrones...)
    Exactly the same here! I have no desire to see the movie now that I've read the books and I've lost interest in the Game of Thrones show also. Books are always so much bettter
  • sarglava
    sarglava Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading Harry Potter 5 since I never finished the series... almost done then on to 6!! But I have a stack of classics I just bought (don't have a kindle/nook) and I want to start with The Jungle Book. Btw, classics are free on e-readers!!
  • anna5
    anna5 Posts: 24
    Options
    The Bible- Proverbs 27 today and Psalms 97, and Philippians 3,
    Made to Crave by Lysa Teurkerst,
    and The Calling by Mary Baker.
    Avon catalog, CHOIS- Christian Homeschoolers of Idaho State magazine, Diabetes Forecast Magazine
  • TiffanyAching
    TiffanyAching Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Clash of Kings atm to whip myself into a frenzy for the new series starting. before that it was a little bit of Pratchett, and next i'm thinking of checking out the Hunger Games while i wait for new Jasper Fforde to come out.
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I am re-reading the Horatio Hornblower Series by CS Forester (who also wrote The Rifleman, The Good Shepherd and The African Queen) It is an eleven book series about a British Naval officer during the time of the Napoleonic Wars. They are great swashbuckling escapist literature.
  • Pfauxmeh
    Pfauxmeh Posts: 259
    Options
    The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Steig Larsson.
  • Happymom12
    Happymom12 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I just finished "The boy who came back from heaven"

Haven't started a new book just yet. Always reading the Bible.
  • charlastyle
    Options
    Battle Field of the minds-Joyce Myers
  • HealthyWayorNoWay
    HealthyWayorNoWay Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    The Hunger Games