What are you currently reading??

Options

Replies

• sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I have plenty to keep myself busy, but I've got a slew of Star Wars books based on old Sith tales that I am totally looking forward to reading. And I am ALMOST finished with book 3 of the Dark Force Trilogy by timothy zahn (more star wars)

I am looking forward to reading Hamlet again this weekend to get info for my school essay.
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    The Bridal Quartet
    Jessica Darling series
    Hunger Games
    The Help

and my Kobo wants me to buy more books. ahhh!
  • snewsome7
    snewsome7 Posts: 189
    Options
    The Tiger's Curse series is good. First 3 are already out.

I am currently reading Blue Bloods Series and Cinder
  • skir927
    skir927 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I just finished the Fifty Shades series. I agree with the previous poster's assessment - entertaining crap. ;). Well, hot, entertaining crap. The way it was billed, I thought it was going to get kinkier than it did, and I wish it had. :blushing:

I have Wizard's First Rule and The Mists of Avalon up next, but I can decide which one to start.
  • ocylott
    ocylott Posts: 31
    Options
    Oh, a book thread. I will be in here often, I'm sure. Books are the only things I love more than chocolate.

Let's see... recently read Gail Carriger's Soulless (fun Victorian-era paranormal mystery with vampires, werewolves, and parasols) and Leigh Lavalle's The Runaway Countess (sort of a gender-flipped Robin Hood in a romance novel). Right now I'm halfway through Robin LaFevers's Grave Mercy (damaged young girl becomes awesome assassin and gets caught up in political intrigue). Really enjoying that one so far. And for the non-fiction part of my diet, I'm slowly picking though Aine Collier's The Humble Little Condom: A History.
  • Sammijo24
    Sammijo24 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the hunger games again lol
    i was also reading the house of night series and the maximum ride series.
    I like young adult books still lol

I love love love House of Night. I just got Lenobia's vow and need to start on it.
    I need to reread the Hunger Games and been meaning to start the Maximum Ride ones
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Rose in a Storm by Jon Katz.
  • Ramseyyy
    Ramseyyy Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hunger games trilogy and crank
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    mfp forum posts
  • prettytothinkso
    Options
    Bumping for reading ideas
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Just finished Book 2 of The Hunger Games. I will read Book 3 over the weekend, we are going to the beach. ahhhhh..............
  • WinWinGo
    WinWinGo Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    The mfp forum, The Hunger Games (Once I get around to it) That other book everybody's reading (once I get around to it (this is true always, it doesn't matter what the book is)), and War and Peace.
    I'm in the middle of the last one, or close to the middle. It makes me feel like I didn't pay enough attention in history class.
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    The Unnamed....a fictional account of a man's battle.....and here is where the novel gets fun....it is a tale of a man's battle with complacency in life...told through the eyes of a man who one day, gets up and leaves his job, wife and kids, and just literally walks out the door...and keeps walking....for the reader, the question is 'did he really walk away due to illness or searching, or is this an allegory about being 40 something, successful, and still not being happy'....a good read....for many reasons :)

~ How did the story end ?????
  • BaileyKat52
    BaileyKat52 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I am currently on the third book of the Fifty Shades series. Honestly, I am fighting my way through these books. Started reading them to see what all the fuss was about and I really just don't get it. The books are very repetitive. I'm thinking of going with some sort of mystery or thriller next and hope that I will never have the read the words "apex of my thighs" ever again! :laugh:
  • keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Recently read "Ender's Game" which was spellbinding. Now am reading "Game of Thrones". Awesome!
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    When I got my Kindle I loaded it up with some of my favorite readers and then found some new ones. I was reading CS Forester's Horatio Hornblower Saga (11 books) and that lead to reading about the Royal Navy, Horatio Nelson and Admiral Lord Cochran and that lead to finding out about Captain Frederick Marryat, who was probably the first author of Naval adventures and as a former Royal Navy captain during the age of the sail his novels are historic and fascinating I am currently reading his novel, "His Majesty's Own"
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Tucker Max trilogy. God, I love me an *kitten*.
  • StrawberrySt
    StrawberrySt Posts: 235
    Options
    I'm currently reading Lolita - a classic novel.

I have just finished The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen

And after Lolita I will be reading Pride and Prudice and Zombies which should be an interesting read!

i cannot go past a paper book, I'm a bit old fashioned :wink:
  • GoTakizawa
    GoTakizawa Posts: 21
    Options
    Pretty Woman Spitting by Leandra Adams. I am also "reading" 2 psych text books, so not much time for other books.
  • sel254
    sel254 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    About half way through The New Rules of Lifting for Women. Also reading Martina Coles' Faithless :)