Pear shaped women

Options

Replies

• mosertheninja
    mosertheninja Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You are NOT alone. I'm only 5'2". And only a 34A. 22 years old. got wide baby making hips. Recently lost 32 lbs. I always wanted skinny legs. Then I realized that thunder thighs are strong and beautiful. Don't lose yourself in negative. Losing weight and working on squats and lunges will help tone that pear shaped body!
    thoughts!
    7068229073_e0ca3daf34.jpg
    Workout progress by Khrystina the Ninja, on Flickr
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kristinamoser/7113911025/in/photostream
  • MirelaH
    MirelaH Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    <
    pear!!!!!

5'6" and 151 lbs in the pic. Currently 146.8 lbs.

I LOVE your shape, and you're most def a lovely pear :-)

Thank you! :)
  • JupitersGhost
    Options
    I am looking for other pear shaped women to help me with motivation. I'm afraid that no matter how much I lose, I will always look big due to my large hips and small bust. Can anyone out there help me out with some pictures? I want to know that my curse will not keep me from looking good in a bikini soon... :(

You can see an example of just how pear shaped I am in my profile pictures. But for those who want to compare measurements, here they are:

Height: 5'5
    Weight: 139.5
    Chest: 34
    Natural waist: 29
    Hips: 39
    Thighs: 22.5
    Arms: 10.5

So as you can tell by my measurements, I am just about as pear shaped as they come. Please tell me I'm not the only one! :sad:

You're definitely not the only one! I haven't read through this entire thread yet, but wanted to add to it. :)

I'm 5'2.5", 121lbs and my measurements are as follows:

Bust: 31.5"
    Waist: 28"
    Hips: 38-39"

I'm a true, incredibly short pear shape! However, it's not all bad. At least we have some curves :D

Feel free to add me. It'll be nice to keep in touch with people of a similar body shape as I've noticed others lose weight very differently to me!
  • SgtMindy
    SgtMindy Posts: 53
    Options
    I purposely don't post any pictures of myself.

Height 5'8"
    Weight 186lbs
    Bust 40"
    Waist 33"
    Hips 45"

My friends call me a Whooty (apparently there is a song by that name) = white girl with a booty.
  • Kris0109
    Kris0109 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    5'10

bust 36 (very small c/big b, but on a wide chest)
    waist 32
    hips 41

I've learned to embrace the booty, especially since it's pretty freakin' perky these days. Look up "frog squats". We do them in Zumba and they are magic. :)
  • cydonian
    cydonian Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Wow, lots of pear shapes on here! I like :)

Chest - 35'' (I wear a 34C)
    Waist - 27.5''
    Hips - 40/41'' (can't seem to get an accurate measurement, it changes)

I've also learned to embrace my body shape and am trying to tone up instead. I'd like to lose the jiggle that comes with having a big rear! Most of my hip measurement is my butt, my hips aren't that wide from the front on but from the side? Booooo.
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I've only just started to embrace my pear shape, I always wanted skinny little legs but it's not happening, so i'll settle for toned ones instead and an eeny tiny waist!

Chest - 30C
    Waist - 25.5
    Hips - 38

I do have broader shoulders, that are 38" too, so they do balance me out, and I do spend a bit of time on the weights making sure my shoulders stay this big, just to keep that balance. At my absolute skinniest my thighs were still 22.5 and that never changed. My ribs have always stuck out, even at 175lbs - plenty of pictures in my profile if you want to look. I'm currently between 125-135 (depending on which time of the month it is) and a UK10 (US6) in trousers, whilst a UK6/8 (US2/4) on top. I used to hate it, but really, no one has ever commented negatively on my shape!
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    You are NOT alone. I'm only 5'2". And only a 34A. 22 years old. got wide baby making hips. Recently lost 32 lbs. I always wanted skinny legs. Then I realized that thunder thighs are strong and beautiful. Don't lose yourself in negative. Losing weight and working on squats and lunges will help tone that pear shaped body!
    thoughts!
    7068229073_e0ca3daf34.jpg
    Workout progress by Khrystina the Ninja, on Flickr
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kristinamoser/7113911025/in/photostream

I actually just commented on your thread a few days ago. I want to tone up like you did. Right now I am "skinny fat." :(
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I don't have narrow shoulders either. My shoulders definitely aren't smaller than my hips. I went to the body calculator and it said I wasn't any of their 4 shapes.

That calculator was horrible. If you have a pretty good gap between your waist and hips, and your bust is as wide as your hips, you are an hourglass.

The definition of an hourglass shape is not "a pretty good gap." It's having a bust and hip measurement that is the same or very close and having a waist measurement that is 9 to 10 inches less than your bust and hips.
  • mfpcopine
    Options

I've also learned to embrace my body shape and am trying to tone up instead. I'd like to lose the jiggle that comes with having a big rear! Most of my hip measurement is my butt, my hips aren't that wide from the front on but from the side? Booooo.

I have a similar shape. My hips aren't especially wide, although as I've gotten older, my body has wanted to put more fat on them and so they're rounded; when I was young, they were straight. I don't have a problem with that. I don't have huge thighs. Most of my weight goes to my butt and as I get older I seem even more predisposed to add weight there. I think the only way to lose the "jiggle" is significantly to reduce the fat, which is very hard, because you can't spot reduce and that kind of weight is first on last off.
  • DanielleRN8
    Options
    I've come to accept my body shape. The more weight I lose, the less noticeable the difference is. :)
  • sweetpotatofry
    sweetpotatofry Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I really love this thread and MFP for helping me realize that I've never been able to embrace my pear shape until now. There are no other pear-shaped women in my family, my female relatives are generally very, very thin, and I've always felt out of place with my huge thighs. It's great to see other women here embracing this shape that we were born with!
  • kellys90day
    kellys90day Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    whoops, not sure how to get rid of an extra post
  • DanielleRN8
    Options
    I thought I might want to update my measurements. Still pretty off but hopefully I'll even out soon!

Height: 5'5
    Weight: 131
    Chest: 34
    Natural waist: 28.5
    Hips: 38
    Thighs: 22
    Arms: 10.5
  • kellys90day
    kellys90day Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I too think I'm pear shaped a bit. I've always battled with my weight since childhood. when I say battled, I mean I was a chunkier child through H.S and then into my late teens and 20's I thinned out a bit. I've always had a bigger booty and thighs. I used to want to change both but as i've gotten older, I embrace my ars. I get compliments a lot from women( mostly my friends) saying my butt looks great in my jeans and also from guys. I figure it must not look too bad after all. My thighs on the other hand and legs in general are not what I'd like them to look like. I think I will never have skinny legs or real thin legs. I would however love to have toned legs. It doesn't help that they're muscular.
    Long story short embrace the pear because it could be worse. I would hate to be apple or boy shaped!

I just started a 90 day challenge myself and hope to rock it out in a bikini this summer.

My waist is 31, natural waist 29 & hips 41,thighs 24.5. Starting weight 2 wks ago was 162, I'm now 159-goal is 140ish.
  • ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I also think I'm pear shaped, (my lower half is huge!!)
    height: 5'9
    Bust: 37 1/4
    waist: 28 7/8
    belly button:35
    hips: 41 1/8!!!
    legs: 24-25 (they're different sizes lol)
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why some of you girls are upset about being pears? The alternative is apple or boy shaped.

And why is having a big bum seen as a negative? Is this just a Western thing?

(And yes, I am Western and half white, but I still don't get it)
  • jemurray03
    jemurray03 Posts: 2
    Options
    I too am shaped like a Bartlett pear and have been all my life. At a young age, my mother (who has struggled with her weight her entire life) told me I had "pones" on the sides of my hips! Well, at age 32, I had those "pones" liposuctioned out and have NEVER regretted it. I am 53 years old now, still battling my weight, but even though I am over my comfortable weight, I am in proportion. Men have always LOVED my butt, but like most posts on this forum, I have a hard time accepting the large lower half of my body. Luckily, I am very healthy but still have to fight with my demons of eating too much...:( I have recently rejoined this website and feel great about starting out (again) on a lifestyle improvement.
  • DanielleRN8
    Options
    I don't understand why some of you girls are upset about being pears? The alternative is apple or boy shaped.

Being a pear is awesome when you are at the right weight. It's when you are overweight that being a pear is awful because of how big and jiggly our thighs and butts get. Now that I've lost more weight, I'm starting to love my shape again! :)
  • mfpcopine
    Options

If you're an extreme pear it's a drag. It's hard to find clothes, people make fun of you. If you're African American, you can feel stereotyped and the butt of "ghetto booty" jokes. It's simply not the case that every black woman wants a big *kitten*.

I'm sure that a large part of the reason is the predominance of a European and perhaps Asian beauty standard. You can push back, but in a world where people are bombarded with millions of images of "ideal" beauty, you can't entirely escape the influence.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!