Pear shaped women

Options
I am looking for other pear shaped women to help me with motivation. I'm afraid that no matter how much I lose, I will always look big due to my large hips and small bust. Can anyone out there help me out with some pictures? I want to know that my curse will not keep me from looking good in a bikini soon... :(

You can see an example of just how pear shaped I am in my profile pictures. But for those who want to compare measurements, here they are:

Height: 5'5
Weight: 139.5
Chest: 34
Natural waist: 29
Hips: 39
Thighs: 22.5
Arms: 10.5

So as you can tell by my measurements, I am just about as pear shaped as they come. Please tell me I'm not the only one! :sad:

Replies

• sarahharrison77
    sarahharrison77 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You are not alone!

I'm 5'4"
    Weight 121
    Chest 33
    Waist 27
    Hips 38!!!!

Sorry got no pics at the moment but following this thred with interest!
  • leahhugh
    leahhugh Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I think I'm pear shaped..
    I'm 5'6''
    Weigh 145lb
    Chest is 37, wear a c cup, so not too small
    Navel is 29
    Hips are 41 and not going down!!
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I cant tell much about your shape from the photos except you look like a thin healthy woman. Why not just wear the bikini
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    You look great!
    But I hear ya!

A cups with 42" hips!! I often just look in the mirror and go "seriously? Wtf?"
  • azazelrabbit
    Options
    As far as I'm aware, wide hips are a sign of fertility and are therefore very attractive to men. It doesn't matter what shape you are, if you have a nicely toned body you can wear that bikini for all its worth. Wide hips don't look fat... a large derrier and belly looks fat.
    Go for it!
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    lol, check out my pics for PEAR

5'7"
    Weight 149
    Chest 32
    Waist 29
    Hips 41!

Even at 125lbs I was, from memory, 31:25:37
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    oh, i've got a high bmi shot and a low bmi shot in my pics, and a bikini shot. I personally like the bikini shot.

you will look fine :)
  • katrodelle
    katrodelle Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    One of the blessings of pear shape however is a nice waist!
  • TheBakerGirl
    Options
    I'm definitely a pear too! I'm about a size 2/4 on top and 8 on bottom. And the shape becomes more exaggerated with weight gain…my top absolutely refuses to store any fat. I think we just have to focus on getting body fat percentage down, which will help reduce the size of our "storage" areas. Even when I was my normal size (around 130 lbs), I never felt good in a bikini…but I think I could have tried harder to find the right suit for me. There are lots of tricks out there to draw the eye to the top and make the chest area appear larger. I think though, when you are toned and feel great about reaching your goals, you'll have the secret to looking amazing in a bikini…CONFIDENCE!!! :happy:

I'm 34/29/40.

Good luck! 2012 is the year of the bikini for us pears!
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Weight 135
    Height 5'5
    Chest 33
    Waist 27
    Hips 37
    Thighs 22.5

I'm borderline pear shape...enough that it annoys me with losing weight because my chest is shrinking, but my low body isn't!
  • Oo_BrookeNicole_oO
    Options
    I'm definitely pear shaped. I'm starting to wonder if loosing weight will ever change that! :P
    Height- 5'2
    Weight- 115
    Waist- 26
    Hips- 38
    Thighs- 22
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Oh me too!

Chest: 33
    Waist: 24
    Hips: 36.5 (and it's mostly butt)

And I'm only 5'1" and 110. Sheesh. All booty/hips.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i'm not a pear but beyonce and jlo are good examples of bikini wearing pears
  • Gordie580
    Gordie580 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    <--- nothing wrong with pear. It's better look like a pear, instead of a pancake :).
    Just my 2 cents
  • tjones0927
    tjones0927 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • chic_mama_25
    Options
    Me too! currently waist 25 hips 37 (dont know chest at the mo, but it doesnt rlly change, was 33 when I was at my goal weight before, with 24 waist and 36 hips).

The problem I have as well is that the fat gets stored on my lower body only (pretty much). So while I can still fit in all my tops, I can't fit any of my trousers, and it looks horrible, lots of cellulite etc. I hate my legs especially, the backs of my knees are not a nice shape, they look fat, and I have thick calves/ankles which never changes even at a low weight.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I think you're gorgeous! Honestly, when I looked at your pics I was expecting a bit more "junk in the trunk" as they say. lol. You actually appear very streamline to me! :)

I am 5'7, 130lbs, and measurements (last time I took them was a few weeks ago)
    Chest: 32
    Waist: 27
    Hips: 35

I am very self conscious about my chest - I went from a large C cup to barely an A cup. I was fine having a small chest at first, but once my girls continued to shrink even after I reached my goal weight... well, I won't go into detail, but let's just say they're not as perky as they were about 10lbs ago! lol. I'm saving up for surgery, but I know that isn't for everyone. Like I said, I think you are gorgeous in your pics, so I wouldn't sweat it if I were you! :)
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    I like pears!!!! .................firm and juicy
  • THTchristina
    THTchristina Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Pear shapes imo are the next best shapes :) Although it would be nicer if I could slim down my tummy a bit ^^"
    My stats are:
    Height: 5'4"
    Weight: 119
    Bust: 33
    Waist smallest: 26.5
    Waist navel: 33
    Hips: 36
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I think I'm pear shaped?

5'2
    130 lb
    Bust: 36
    Waist: 28
    Hips: 39.5

I have broad shoulders tho, so I think it makes me look hour glass. So... idk! lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!