Pear shaped women

Options

Replies

• InTheInbetween
    InTheInbetween Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    <
    PEAR!!
    When I was being fitted for a bridesmaid dress last September my bust and waist measured at a size 4 (Hooray!!) . . . . But wait! My booty/hips measured at a size 10! :noway: :sad: Fortunately we were wearing flowy skirt dresses so the hip measurements didn't matter . . . :drinker:

It's such a frustrating shape. I have a very hard time finding any appreciation for it. :ohwell:
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad about a small waist and large hips, with small bust !

Many men like that !

And I know of one small waist, large hips singer that you can't deny looks good !

Bey1.jpg

Best. Body. Ever.
  • stephie4111
    stephie4111 Posts: 118
    Options
    i think im pear shaped. 36 inch bust, 32 inch waist, 36 inch hips. Im wearing size 6 pants and tops are small now.
  • ElPumaMex
    ElPumaMex Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    some ideas on clothing:
    http://www.lovingyou.com/articles/836191/how-to-dress-a-pear-shaped-body

I tell you, many men love that shape !!

some celebrities with pear-shaped body:
    pear-shaped_bodies.jpg
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I love my pear shape! Although it's a pain to have to get all of my dresses fitted because I'm a size smaller on top. It's not fair though that when I lose weight, my already small chest gets smaller and my butt/thighs seem to stay the same :(

I hear ya, sister! Still, I guess being back to a pear may be better than the apple that I was before! :wink:
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    some ideas on clothing:

pear-shaped_bodies.jpg

Aw, how sweet. I will keep that webpage. However, got any pics of pear-shaped celebrities that aren't BUSTY as well? I think Christina Aguilera would really be an hour-glass with all that boob on top. :)
  • ElPumaMex
    ElPumaMex Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    some ideas on clothing:

pear-shaped_bodies.jpg

Aw, how sweet. I will keep that webpage. However, got any pics of pear-shaped celebrities that aren't BUSTY as well? I think Christina Aguilera would really be an hour-glass with all that boob on top. :)

I think this is a good example:

body_type_Pear_Kim_Kardashian.jpg

They even outlined the Pear shape !! :bigsmile:
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    I love my pear shape! Although it's a pain to have to get all of my dresses fitted because I'm a size smaller on top. It's not fair though that when I lose weight, my already small chest gets smaller and my butt/thighs seem to stay the same :(

This is my problem too!
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    some ideas on clothing:

pear-shaped_bodies.jpg

At least those pear shaped women have breasts to balance out their large backsides... Some of us aren't that lucky... :frown:
  • ednabnana
    ednabnana Posts: 304
    Options
    Pear! Taken at the gym today.
    468446_10150719818434395_656114394_9099269_1138916570_o-1.jpg
  • Mrs_Padgett
    Mrs_Padgett Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I am pear shaped. I am smallest right under my breast, than hippy and bootylicous. But I don't have any good pics to show right now. I have this one of my belly that kinda shows :)

2012-03-22132833.jpg
  • Mrs_Padgett
    Mrs_Padgett Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    ha ^ sorry so huge. Hopefully that fixed it :)
  • Hazeleys
    Hazeleys Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'd rather be a pear than an apple!

5'2"
    115 lbs.
    34" bust
    26" waist
    38" hips

With a great bra, I'm can be a perfect hourglass!
  • booyainyoface
    booyainyoface Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    PEAR! here is my progress since december with eating at 1450 plus exercise calories back... i started working out two months ago doing 10-20 minutes of HIIT and heavy weights and took the bottom pictures a few weeks ago... judging by my pants ive lost a few more inches since and will need to take new progress pics, feel free to friend me for support!

waist: 28
    hips: 42!!!!
    thigh: 24
    Photoon2012-03-31at0651-1.jpg
  • alli4350
    alli4350 Posts: 38
    Options
    Height: 5'3"
    Weight: 127
    Chest: 34
    Waist: 28
    Hips: 38
    Thighs:21.5

I'm getting less pear-shaped as I lose the weight but I still have large hips in comparison to my chest. Though it's my "trouble area", I really do love my hips!
  • ruchitd
    ruchitd Posts: 3
    Options
    I totally know what you mean! I'm THE exact/almost same measurements as you and am trying my best to tone my lower body. I have way too much flab on my thighs and want to tone them down. Shooting for 5 days of workout in a week. Circuits on 3 days and pure cardio on 2. Diet is clean more or less! #LetsDoThis!
  • ruchitd
    ruchitd Posts: 3
    Options
    Also, please friend me! Need all the motivation I can get from other Pears :)

I've heard some great things about bodyrockers.tv. Planning to check that out this weekend! Friend me!
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    like I said before I's like me some pears :laugh:
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    According to this website: http://www.calculator.net/body-type-calculator.html

I'm banana shape instead of pear shape
  • jrod67
    jrod67 Posts: 13
    Options
    I think all you ladys should ask you mate if they like your pear shape, I think you will find they love your pear shape. PEAR SHAPED WOMAN RULE.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!