Pear shaped women

Options

Replies

• qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    You actually don't look like a pear in any of the profile pictures.

I am pear shaped, and pear shaped can totally rock a bikini. If you go to my profile, you can see a full body picture of me in a bikini.

Your more hourglass with those measurements! Hips ans busts too simiar! x

My hips were at one point 40" with the same 33 bust. This is silly and just me taking this personally, but there were other ladies who posted with 3" difference between bust and hips and yet you pointed it out to me only. And you could very well be right, but wearing a 34a bra sure doesn't make me feel like an hourglass.
  • Loislaine61
    Options
    DanielleRN8,

I looked at your picture gallery and I think you look amazing. Put that bikini on and get out there on the beach! Don't dwell on the pear shape, be confident and know that you look good. Often times when we lose weight we still see ourselves as we were and not how we are now. You've done a great job losing weight, be very proud of that.
  • ednabnana
    ednabnana Posts: 304
    Options
    I am pear! or at least i feel like i am. I am definitely not a banana nor an apple....& 200% sure I am not shaped like an hourglass lol

This is embarrassing to post (at least when I was breasfeeding I went all the way up to 36 chest area) but here it goes!

As of March 10, 2012
    Chest: 32
    Wait:27
    Hips: 38

sigh.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 143 lb
    Chest: 34
    Waist: 28
    Hips: 39

I used to be more pear than that but my butt has gotten smaller :( What's wrong with being a pear? It's the next best thing to hourglass. I don't have much going on up on top, so I'm happy with being a pear. If I lost my butt I'd be sad.

I like your attitude.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Pear shape here!

Chest: 46
    Waist: 41
    Hips: 56
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    I haven't taken my measurements in a LONG time, but I think they're near...

5' 5.5''
    CW 142
    GW 134-136
    Chest 34
    Waist 27-28
    Hips 37+?

I really should find a measuring tape, ha.

Does anybody else have a really big rib cage? Being pear-shaped with a large rib cage means that I look skinner than I am because my ribs start to poke out, regardless of my weight.

I can totally relate to the huge rib cage! Go look at ny new pictures. It looks like I'm sucking in but I'm only flexing...
  • MrsBraxton08
    MrsBraxton08 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am also pear shaped and love it minus the fact that I want to lose 10-15 more pounds and do a LOT more toning.
    I am 5'1 1/2 141lbs and my measurements are 34- 29- 41.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Oh, and my current measurements are;

Bust: 40"
    Waist: 33"
    Hips: 48"

Hourglass or pear? I dunno. I don't have a big bust. I'm a 38C (but measurements are coming up as 40" :S)
  • TLC1975
    TLC1975 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Check this out..it's a body shape calculator:
    http://www.calculator.net/body-type-calculator.html

apparently I am a pear shape....I have those horrid saddlebags that never seem to go away...HOWEVER! You can shrink them, lots of leg resistance training...and a clean diet...my boobs are pretty much gone now..haha..but I would rather be pear and tonned then pear and squishy!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    There are some men who are shaped like this pear.
    25508_1358600760733_1102922983_31110196_3148994_n.jpg
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3"

Chest 32"
    Arms 10.25"
    Waist 25"
    Hips 35"
    Thighs 22"
    Calves 14.5"

I am very bottom heavy. I have trouble finding knee length boots because my calves are so large. I also have fat knees!!! (14.8") and cellulite.

So don't despair, we all come in varying pair shape sizes. I decided to accept the body I have and just strive to be healthy.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options

Does anybody else have a really big rib cage? Being pear-shaped with a large rib cage means that I look skinner than I am because my ribs start to poke out, regardless of my weight.
    I have that problem too. I'm so skinny up top that people always tell me how skinny I am. I carry ALL of my junk in the trunk. I always say I have the upper body of a skinny woman and the lower body of a NOT SO skinny woman.
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3"

Chest 32"
    Arms 10.25"
    Waist 25"
    Hips 35"
    Thighs 22"
    Calves 14.5"

I am very bottom heavy. I have trouble finding knee length boots because my calves are so large. I also have fat knees!!! (14.8") and cellulite.

So don't despair, we all come in varying pair shape sizes. I decided to accept the body I have and just strive to be healthy.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has trouble finding boots! My calves are about 15 inches and I have pretty much given up on wearing boots.
  • wender125
    wender125 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Total pear shape here!! I find I can rock a high waisted skirt and look straight out of the 50's!! My husband always says that's why old men hit on me LOL!
  • happypath101
    Options
    I am SO pear-shaped. To my great surprise, I learned that some guys love my butt. (I literally shed tears over the size of it when I was a teen-ager.) I work out a lot and I like sprinty kinds of sports like floor hockey and soccer, so my legs are little beefed up too. I just keep hoping that those muscles are burning more calories. LOL! Thank god the media is full of women with shape now. Because we'll NEVER be what my grandma used to call "willowy". Just don't compare yourself to Gwyneth Paltrow. Try Salma Hayek instead. :O)
  • happypath101
    Options
    Total pear shape here!! I find I can rock a high waisted skirt and look straight out of the 50's!! My husband always says that's why old men hit on me LOL!

I totally rock a full skirt and tight top too. And the old guys hit on me. I never put that together. LOL!
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    According to most measurements here, I would fit into the pear-shaped category. I never really thought about it before. I also have the problem with a big rib cage. My ribs are visible, but I'm at a healthy weight.

Measurements:

over bust- 35.5 in
    natural waist- 27 in
    hips- 38 in
    thighs- 23 in
    calves- 15 in

I like my body type/shape. I used to not like my "big" legs, but they allow me to run far and do heavy squats and deadlifts. So, I'll keep them!! :smile:
  • ElPumaMex
    ElPumaMex Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad about a small waist and large hips, with small bust !

Many men like that !

And I know of one small waist, large hips singer that you can't deny looks good !

Bey1.jpg
  • jillybean9881
    jillybean9881 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I love my pear shape! Although it's a pain to have to get all of my dresses fitted because I'm a size smaller on top. It's not fair though that when I lose weight, my already small chest gets smaller and my butt/thighs seem to stay the same :(
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!