Pear shaped women

Options

Replies

• betternowthanlater
    betternowthanlater Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    <--- nothing wrong with pear. It's better look like a pear, instead of a pancake :).
    Just my 2 cents

You are so great!
  • betternowthanlater
    betternowthanlater Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    some ideas on clothing:
    http://www.lovingyou.com/articles/836191/how-to-dress-a-pear-shaped-body

I tell you, many men love that shape !!

some celebrities with pear-shaped body:
    pear-shaped_bodies.jpg

Aw, how sweet. I will keep that webpage. However, got any pics of pear-shaped celebrities that aren't BUSTY as well? I think Christina Aguilera would really be an hour-glass with all that boob on top. :)

I don't have pictures... but think Rihanna (when she first came out and in the video Rehab with JT) or Shakira (video Whenever, Whereever)

I was told by a cosmetic surgeon when I was 130 flabby pounds and dumb, that my hip "was bone and he can't make it any narrower. Maybe should just continue to build muscle to make the shape look less wide." He was right. If you look at the two people above, now that they have like hardly any body fat, it is barely noticeable that they are pears.

But I have embraced my pear after all these years. It is the shape I have and it is good enough- once I get healthy again.
  • Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I'm pear shaped : (

5ft 6in

Chest 30 inches
    Waist 29 inches
    Hips - 40 inches

I will add u I'm looking for more pear shaped friends
  • jrod67
    jrod67 Posts: 13
    Options
    I agree with your fiancee. Leave the butt alone. I tell that to my better half but I know you cannot choose where to lose wieght but if the butt goes so do I. LOL! J/K
    I'm a pear

Bust- 38
    Waist- 32
    Hips- 54

All my weight goes to lower half, did the Brazil Butt Lift test failed my butt was high enough lol my fiancee says he doesn't care where I lose the weight but don't take away his butt lol
  • jrod67
    jrod67 Posts: 13
    Options
    That's right girl be proud of your shape. There are tons of men out there that love pear shaped women. Chunkyme your 44 hips sound perfect. Do not buy anything.
    You Look Great! Embrace Your Pear & Wear what ever works for you!
    I'm a pear and proud of it!

Of course I have to take in almost everything that I buy because my butt big and my waist is small.

My hips have never been small even when I was125 my hips where 40"
    now there a whopping 44"

And if the Boobies are the only problem you have with pear shape! You could always Save Up And Buy Some! :wink:
  • melhayes1115
    melhayes1115 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I am pear shape too. My doctors and trainers have all said that's the hardest body shape to lose weight. From the waist up, I am completely fine with how I look, but I am still trying to firm up my butt and thighs.

chest 33
    waist 27.5
    hips 38.5
    thighs 23.5
  • Michelleypoo82
    Options
    I'm a pear shaped woman, and was even at my most fit years ago (126 pounds, 5'5, and toned). Curvy hips are sexy. Get some push up bras and push up bikini tops, and you'll feel great. That's really the annoying part...us pears lose weight from the top down, where we want to keep it! Anyway, good job with your amazing weight loss. You should be proud!
  • hermiony
    hermiony Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    i think im a pear and im mourning because i wrongly thought i was an hourglass all my life.

waist 32
    breasts 38
    hips 41
    legs 25

from the waist up im ok-ish even my tummy is ok and i have a flat non existant bum but my legs dont seem to get smaller!
  • indiepops
    indiepops Posts: 96
    Options
    you can see from my pic i am pear shaped, and to be honest i dont want to lose that, i just want to shave those lumps and bumps off, when i get back to my usual weight (107lbs - 110lbs) i will be a happy pear shape. current states are:

waist 27.5
    hips 37
    arms 10.5
    legs 22

my goal measurements are:

waist 25
    hips 34
    arms 9
    legs 19

theyr what they used to be :( but i will still be curvy :)
  • indiepops
    indiepops Posts: 96
    Options
    ladies those of you with a (lucky) big bust and larger hips are not pear, you are hour glass xx
  • karen_thinmint
    karen_thinmint Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely pear shaped. I'm starting to wonder if loosing weight will ever change that! :P
    Height- 5'2
    Weight- 115
    Waist- 26
    Hips- 38
    Thighs- 22

I'm the same measurements, but 5'7" and 140lbs. I've accepted the pear too. It's not going anywhere.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    ladies those of you with a (lucky) big bust and larger hips are not pear, you are hour glass xx

What do you think I count as, then?

I used to be very very small up top, but to be fair, I was like 14 and I developed late.

Now, at nearly 19, I'm 38C. Decent size.

Hourglass or pear? Or both? I have pics.

x
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    I'm a pear

Bust- 38
    Waist- 32
    Hips- 54

All my weight goes to lower half, did the Brazil Butt Lift test failed my butt was high enough lol my fiancee says he doesn't care where I lose the weight but don't take away his butt lol

I wanna see a pic! (full body, not your butt :laugh:)
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    I'm a little confused..

Looking at some of your pics, some of you don't look like pears.

I don't think your hips just have to be wide to be a pear, I think you have to have a significantly smaller waist, or be much smaller up top...

Excuse me if this post comes across as *****y, I don't intend it to be. I rewrote it more than once to change its tone, but was unsuccessful. Please, nobody take this as a dig because it's not.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    I am a pear and will always be a pear. Better a pear than an apple I say.
    5 7 195lbs
    chest 36 C
    waist 36
    hips 46
    thighs 31
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    I'm ok with my body shape for the most part. I just wish my breasts weren't as small as they are. For the pears with decent boobs, you can at least look great in a bathing suit. Not me. :( I love my hips and bum since my hubby does, I just want to tone up to look better.
  • Determined24
    Determined24 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    You are not alone
    Bust: 38
    Waist:34
    Hips: 46
    I am 6ft talk also and I weigh 198lbs I love my shape.
  • Miss_Krissy87
    Miss_Krissy87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I am a pear shape to.. my waist is a 29 right now and my hips are a 45.. Yeah i have some big hips.. lmao but i am very proud of them..
  • cprice05
    cprice05 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    So need to follow this thread. I'm a true pear. Never really knew that until I saw some pictures of me running. I know my husband likes curves, and now I have to be comfortable with them as well as become a "smaller toned" pear :smile:
  • SuzieZimm
    SuzieZimm Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm a pear. Super wide hips. I know what you mean by the "never going to feel slender because of the width" thing. One of the photos on my profile (on the cliff, black tank top) clearly shows my shape!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!