Pear shaped women

Options

Replies

• InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    ladies those of you with a (lucky) big bust and larger hips are not pear, you are hour glass xx

What do you think I count as, then?

I used to be very very small up top, but to be fair, I was like 14 and I developed late.

Now, at nearly 19, I'm 38C. Decent size.

Hourglass or pear? Or both? I have pics.

x

You look like a pear to me. Your shoulders are narrower than your hips, even though you are busty (I am shaped similar, I don't have tons of pics up so you can see)

Thanks for answering, hun :)
  • missfancy1980
    Options
    I'm a typical pear shape too. It's a curse a lot of the fair sex seem to have lol. I decided it would be far easier to get a bit more up top than it would to slim down on the bottom, so i had a boob job... unfortunately that didn't change the eating habits though, so i kept expanding anyway till i realized i really had to make a lifestyle/ eating change, hence here I am. It's taken forever but i'm finally losing inches, and because i've been running my *kitten* and thighs are getting firmer, it's amazing when you see it happening :love:

Keep going, good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    And just remember, "Fat bottomed girls make the rocking world go 'round."

^^^^^ :drinker:
  • allegram
    allegram Posts: 117
    Options
    Thank god for this thread! I thought I was the only one with such measurements since no one really ever wants to share their waist to hip ratio.

5'4"
    113 lbs
    bust 33"
    waist 21.5"
    hips 38"
    thigh 21.5"
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    I'm a little confused..

Looking at some of your pics, some of you don't look like pears.

I don't think your hips just have to be wide to be a pear, I think you have to have a significantly smaller waist, or be much smaller up top...

Excuse me if this post comes across as *****y, I don't intend it to be. I rewrote it more than once to change its tone, but was unsuccessful. Please, nobody take this as a dig because it's not.

To be a pear your hips have to measure more than your bust. My hips 42 bust 36 waist 33. I'm a pear.

Apple (triangle downward)
    Apple shaped women have broad(er) shoulders compared to their (narrower) hips.[18] Apple shaped women tend to have slim legs/thighs, while the abdomen and chest look larger compared to the rest of the body. Fat is mainly distributed in the abdomen, chest, and face.
    Banana or straight (rectangular)
    The waist measurement is less than 9 inches smaller than the hips or bust measurement.[18] Body fat is distributed predominantly in the abdomen, buttocks, chest, and face. This overall fat distribution creates the typical ruler (straight) shape.
    Pear or spoon or bell (triangle upward)
    The hip measurement is greater than the bust measurement.[18] The distribution of fat varies, with fat tending to deposit first in the buttocks, hips, and thighs. As body fat percentage increases, an increasing proportion of body fat is distributed around the waist and upper abdomen. The women of this body type tend to have a (relatively) larger rear, robust thighs, and a small(er) bosom.
    Hourglass shape. (triangles opposing, facing in)
    The hip and bust are almost of equal size with a narrow waist.[18] Body fat distribution tends to be around both the upper body and lower body. This body type enlarges the arms, chest, hips, and rear before other parts, such as the waist and upper abdomen.

Hmm, interesting ..

But some people have posted measurements with smaller busts than hips, but still look rectangular.
  • 8bitAlina
    8bitAlina Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Definite pear shape here, but I actually don't mind it. It makes me...well, me! :)

I'm 5'6", 250lbs
    Bust - 47"
    Waist - 37.5"
    Hips - 56.5"

Even though I've lost quite a few inches thus far, my hips, bum and thighs are all still fighting to stay, haha. Any pear shapes out there add me :)
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Not giving my current stats but when I was "thinner", I wore a size 6 tops and size 16 pants (tall). I always buy separates and get pants altered.

5'10"
    36 bust (34DD bra)
    23 waist
    46 hips

Now that's a PEAR!!!

(I gave up trying to reduce my behind - it is what it is)

Michelle Obama and Tyra Banks are also pears, IMO.
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    If you go to calculator.net it will calculate your body type for you. (for those that don't know their type)

I am a true pear.......

Iol, I put in my measurements and it told me I don't fit into their 4 categories!
    36-28-39

I'm a freak!
  • sugarandspice27
    sugarandspice27 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Pear? Oh I've got your pear. ACTUALLY I think with my measurements, it's actually more of a SQUASH. lol According to the ultra scientific calculator I am a pear shape. You ladies may be complaining about it, but you don't hear ANY OF THE MEN complaining at all. Pear shapes are where it's at. You can see all the various weights I've been on my profile.

My current measurements:

Bust: 51 (44DD)
    Waist: 41
    Hips (wait for it... wait for it): 61!!!

BAM I think I win the prize for biggest booty on the thread!!

My waist to hip ratio is .68 (which is oddly enough the EXACT SAME ratio of 36-24-36... but someone hit the magnifying glass. :) I've been smaller and still had the same ratio. I lose weight from my stomach first, upper body second, bottom half last.

Any fabulous XL pear shapes feel free to add me!
  • isazzzz
    isazzzz Posts: 95
    Options
    SIGH I AM PEAR SHAPED TOO :(

I'm only 5" and 103 lbs.

Arm: 10.5
    Thigh: 21.5
    Upper waist: 24
    Lower waist: 28
    Hips: 32

:(
  • laineyluma
    laineyluma Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Bust: 40"
    Waist: 36"
    Hips: 46.5"

Severely Pear :wink:

But I don't mind I'd rather be a pear than a sphere :drinker:
  • Aineko
    Aineko Posts: 163
    Options
    One of the blessings of pear shape however is a nice waist!

yeah - while it's there :). go through my pics to see what a really nice waist turns into when you add 6 - 7kg. then it starts looking more like a pyramid than a nice waist :).
    lol, check out my pics for PEAR

5'7"
    Weight 149
    Chest 32
    Waist 29
    Hips 41!

Even at 125lbs I was, from memory, 31:25:37

Lolli1986, I just checked your pics and I think I look exactly like you minus 3.5kg. I'm:
    173cm (that would be 5'8'')
    64kg (around 141lb)
    waist: cc. 75cm (around 30)
    hips: 103cm (40.5)
    ok, I'm C cups but I'm pretty sure that's the first place where the fat gonna disappear from since I was a solid B when I was on 58kg.
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    Haha, one thing about being pear shaped is the fat on your stomach if often the first to go. My stomach has been signigficantly reducing, but my arms are still fat!
  • Arestoktra
    Options
    I've a pear shape also and I agree, being a pear is best when you see there's nothing left on your stomach and it is worst when you see your hips and thighs are still there and have no intention of leaving.

Aineko, I have nearly the same measurements with you minus 1-2 cm from each of them and I agree, when you gain weight, waist looks ridiculous while the hips look HUGE!
  • Amber86queenbee
    Options
    Haha, one thing about being pear shaped is the fat on your stomach if often the first to go. My stomach has been signigficantly reducing, but my arms are still fat!

:cry: There is something wrong with me then as I have surprisingly lost it on my thighs but not my stomach! I was looking forward to getting rid of that and it was the last place to put fat on - can you change shape?

I'm definitely a pear and have just accepted all the things we pears wish we could change but was not expecting the stomach to stay put and the legs to shrink (I've lost 6 kilos so far). Oh well it helps I guess that I mainly focus on what I can now do with this body of mine more than anything else. And I'm in good company!
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options

:cry: There is something wrong with me then as I have surprisingly lost it on my thighs but not my stomach! I was looking forward to getting rid of that and it was the last place to put fat on - can you change shape?

I'm definitely a pear and have just accepted all the things we pears wish we could change but was not expecting the stomach to stay put and the legs to shrink (I've lost 6 kilos so far). Oh well it helps I guess that I mainly focus on what I can now do with this body of mine more than anything else. And I'm in good company!

Not to worry! Your bone structure won't change. You may look a bit ... lopsided? for a while, but soon it'll be lost all over x
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options

You're not alone! Everything on me has shrank EXCEPT my stomach! I mean, even my butt is smaller! (gasp!) I just hope my stomach will catch up with the rest of me!!!
  • kateparedes
    kateparedes Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Loving this thread.

And I'm as pear shaped as they come:

Height - 5'0"
    Weight - 119 lbs.
    Chest - 33
    Waist - 28
    Hips - 37.5
    Thighs - 22.5

Even when i was 90 lbs., my thighs and legs were a problem. I havent worn a bikini since I was 13.
  • msmith2020
    msmith2020 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Im so pear shaped.. its annoying!!! My hips are 40" and not shrinking on single bit!! BUT the one thing I can say that is good for us Pears.. out bust area usually doesnt carry a lot of fat, unlike apples that carry it all over the top I find it a little lucky (if not annoying) that we carry it all in our hips.. I feel like a fatty now.. I hope to shrink my hips!! OH I hope...

Pears add me!!
  • lnfunchess
    Options
    I thing your measurments are good. I am pear shape and have similar measurements. I trying to do more cardio to burn down my legs.

Height- 5'5
    weight -134lbs
    waist- 28
    hips- 38
    chest- 34
    thights-22.5
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!