Pear shaped women

Options

Replies

• DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    Have you tried a different suit? I would think that type of top would be less flattering. I just got a new bikini and I love it! Maybe the problem is not your cup size, maybe the band. I am a b cup and I feel like my boobs look nice in my new bikini. It is the string around and tie string with the triangle shaped cups. Try on some new suits. Don't mess with a skirt.

I think you're right. I was looking it up last night and I need to just try a different style. I think my breasts are too small for a normal bathing suit top though. That one was supposed to be a push up. :sad: :ohwell:
  • rataliek
    rataliek Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am looking for other pear shaped women to help me with motivation. I'm afraid that no matter how much I lose, I will always look big due to my large hips and small bust. Can anyone out there help me out with some pictures? I want to know that my curse will not keep me from looking good in a bikini soon... :(

You can see an example of just how pear shaped I am in my profile pictures. But for those who want to compare measurements, here they are:

Height: 5'5
    Weight: 139.5
    Chest: 34
    Natural waist: 29
    Hips: 39
    Thighs: 22.5
    Arms: 10.5

So as you can tell by my measurements, I am just about as pear shaped as they come. Please tell me I'm not the only one! :sad:

We have the exact measurements with height and body parts down to the 1/2", except I'm at 137(not far at all)! I'm not super confident in a bikini yet but when I got down to around 125 I looked good (now looking at pictures. I didn't think so then of course). At 125 I had the "amazing thigh gap," due to wide hips, that everyone seems to lust over while keeping a butt. As far as what kinds of bikinis, I wear the tops from victoria's secret that kind of look like bras since it tends to balance my top to my bottom, and for the bottoms I wear anything that ties on the side so it doesn't give me a muffin top. Maybe that will flatter you as well?
  • deansters
    deansters Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I know that feeling @ 5'8 159lbs
    chest:34'
    waist-29.5
    hips- 41.0

But to be honest, our lower half look great in jeans
    You just need to look around and try on different swim suits
    maybe try finding a bathing suit with a bit more padding
  • danahake
    danahake Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Well I am definately pear shaped. I wear a c cup, have a smaller waist and wider hips and butt. Consider curves sexy. Look at JLo for example. Sexy.. and Honey yes wear a bikini, have seen some people who wear them. Youll look fine. : ) Look at my profile picture and I like the way my legs look here. But losing a few wouldnt hurt either, that is why I am here. Good luck..
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    if I can wear one you can~ my hips are bigger than yours! you look way better than me~
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Here's a picture from a few weeks ago that shows just why I can't wear a bikini... :sad:

IMAG1377.jpg
    that bottom half of the suit is why! if you had on the proper bottoms you would be fine~
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    You actually don't look like a pear in any of the profile pictures.

I am pear shaped, and pear shaped can totally rock a bikini. If you go to my profile, you can see a full body picture of me in a bikini.

My stats:
    5'3"
    108 lbs
    bust - 33"
    waist - 26"
    hip - 36"
  • bluemorpho1247
    bluemorpho1247 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Im an extreme pear!

Bust 32(ish) waist 32ish and hips.... 41!!!

marchv.jpg
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I'm pear shaped too!

5'7 134

Waist-29
    hips-38
    bust-34

:) Your not alone!
  • bluemorpho1247
    bluemorpho1247 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    You actually don't look like a pear in any of the profile pictures.

I am pear shaped, and pear shaped can totally rock a bikini. If you go to my profile, you can see a full body picture of me in a bikini.

Your more hourglass with those measurements! Hips ans busts too simiar! x
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    I'm a terrible pear. 33in chest with a 32 AAA bra. I was wearing size 8 tops and size 14 bottoms. Now it's size 10 bottoms. Still the 8 tops because I can't possibly loose any more up top without cutting off bones. However, Since I've been focusing on strength training, the hips are more curvy than flabby, the butt is still big but it too is higher and more curvy, and my arms and shoulders are getting thicker with muscle instead of skin and bones. I like the way my body is beginning to balance out. THERE IS HOPE!! And I have to rock bikinis because I'm not only a pear but long in the torso and 1 pieces just don't fit me right (but I wear board shorts) THis year I will TOTALLY rock the itty bitty teeny weeny brown poka dot bikini.
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    i have a pear shape.. i used to complain till i got a lot of compliments for it... especially for someone chinese (well, half). I've come to really love it.

that's your shape... Rock your bikini!
  • LesIsMoreXX
    LesIsMoreXX Posts: 169
    Options
    My Stats:

Height: 5'9
    Weight: 143 lbs
    Waist: 28
    Hips: 42
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Pear shape Rocks ladies!!!
  • sandy_taylor13
    sandy_taylor13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Another Pear Woman here:
    5'8"
    150 lbs
    34 chest
    27.5 waist
    40 hips

sometimes I think about having the bottom half sucked out, but I just keep working hard and accept what I am, maybe I'll get down a few more inches.
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I haven't taken my measurements in a LONG time, but I think they're near...

5' 5.5''
    CW 142
    GW 134-136
    Chest 34
    Waist 27-28
    Hips 37+?

I really should find a measuring tape, ha.

Does anybody else have a really big rib cage? Being pear-shaped with a large rib cage means that I look skinner than I am because my ribs start to poke out, regardless of my weight.
  • amberlyna5
    amberlyna5 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I'm a pear, but more of an hourglass.

I, personally, think pear and hourglass are the most attractive and feminine body shapes to have.

Would you rather a boyish or an apple shaped figure?

ETA: From your pics, your hips don't look that wide?
  • Wickedmeowmer
    Options
    My Stats:

Height: 5'9
    Weight: 143 lbs
    Waist: 28
    Hips: 42

I think were measurement twins. Too bad this cant also be a clothing swap site ;)
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I think I'm pear shaped..
    I'm 5'6''
    Weigh 145lb
    Chest is 37, wear a c cup, so not too small
    Navel is 29
    Hips are 41 and not going down!!

5'4"

Currently,
    chest (not bust) 30
    natural waist, 29
    hips OMG 43!

originally:

!!!!

My hips are going down, slowly but surely... I have genetics that prevent these nasty saddle bags from ever going away without artificial intervention, and if the day ever comes that I'm at goal weight and tone, I will take that step, but not while i still have 20lb to go and lots of squats left in me.. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!