Married guys who lift weights at the gym...

Options

Replies

• IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    when my husband was lifting, he took his off, to avoid damaging the ring. He doesn't wear it to sleep in or work on the car, either, but wears it to work and going out.
  • dieseljay74
    dieseljay74 Posts: 376
    Options
    When I was married I took it off on days I did deadlifts. I have bent that thing completley out of shape
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    I'm not a guy, but I lift heavy.. and I keep my ring on. Of course, it's a simple gold band. I even keep it on to do deadlifts, so if there's an excuse others give for the ring pinching them, etc, it's not true. Or why are you at the gym if you can't take a tiny pinch on the palm?

I bet your jeweler hates you.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    My husband hasn't worn his ring in years. I trust him so I don't worry about it :tongue: But I can see how it would be annoying when you're trying to decide whether or not to hit on someone :wink:
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    I'd take mine off. (if i were married)
    Gets in the way.
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I was wondering If was going crazy or having water retention issues. I haven't lost a huge amount of weight yet, but my rings don't fit me most days, unless I am swelling from water. I've considered getting a temporary sizer screwed in to them until I lose all the weight I need to.

I did that and it was nice because they placed gold spacers in mine and I was able to move them as needed depending on my fingers that day. When I was cold my fingers would get real small but when I was hot or working out sometimes my fingers would get bigger. Eventally the spacer broke from being moved and I got it sized. Now my ring is starting to move around on me again.

At the gym I usually wear my ring unless I'm lifting and it starts to bother me. Then I usually undo a shoe lace or two and put my ring there until I'm finished with my workout. Not the best place for it but I don't want to run back to the locker room and I don't know that I would trust leaving it in my bag.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I'm not a guy, but I lift heavy.. and I keep my ring on. Of course, it's a simple gold band. I even keep it on to do deadlifts, so if there's an excuse others give for the ring pinching them, etc, it's not true. Or why are you at the gym if you can't take a tiny pinch on the palm?

Ughh.. really? I don't wear my ring when I workout. My fingers swell up to the size of Italian sausages which make it painful to keep on. I guess I'm just a lying wuss who can't take the pain.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    If I had reason to wear one at the moment, I would remove it when lifting. Why ruin your jewelry.

I had a wedding ring a while ago, and it got scratched and bent to hell and back because I refused to remove it when working on my car.

I got smarter and started taking it off after that.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    I have to take of my rings before any workout. My hands turn into cartoon caricature hands with the swelling.
  • Victorking32
    Victorking32 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I do take it off, but I wear it on my phiten necklace so its always on me
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I have a very wide ring (4 bands wide) it Always pinched my fingers when I lift. I don't wear it when I lift and couldn't now if I wanted to because it falls off. I even bought a smaller silver ring to put on behind it to help hold it on, well that one is to big now too. And on another note, a diamond doesn't exactly fit under lifting gloves anyway.
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I take it off, because I don't want all the homewreckers hitting on me.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I usually start with it on until I do something where it digs into me (pullups/bench press) and then I take it off and tie it into the drawstring in my shorts.
  • slowlysteadily
    slowlysteadily Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    No reason why I ask this... I promise. It's just an innocent question. :blushing: :bigsmile:
    Do you wear your ring when you lift weights?? I would imagine it's a hassle taking it off and putting it back on but I also imagine it could hurt or get in the way when you work out.
    No. My ring was getting battered. I don't lift with it on.

SS
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options

Lol!
  • Reeny1_8
    Reeny1_8 Posts: 277
    Options
    I take off all my jewelry while I'm changing for the gym, including my rings. No sense in having it pinch or potentially get banged up.

Same here^^
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    <---- not a married guy.

But I take my rings off before I go to the gym. I'd hate for them to fly off while Judo Chopping some imaginary person.

Sweat makes things slippery!

ETA: "GIGGITY" to my above sentence ^ LOL
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options

Huh>?!

It's a piece of jewelry. My heart is with my husband and wearing a ring or not won't change that. I also don't wear it to bed, in the shower, doing dishes, or days I just stay in the house.... And not for nothing...but if I busted that set in any way, I would cry my eyes out and my husband would be sad...so yeah...it stays home.

Wait huh?!
  • eayal002
    eayal002 Posts: 186
    Options
    I don't, have never had it on while working out but think it wouldn't be too comfortable specially lifting heavy.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options

ROFL