Married guys who lift weights at the gym...

Options

Replies

• kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I know this question is for guys, but I take off my engagement ring ANY time I exercise. I don't want to risk damaging it or losing it, plus, my fingers swell when I get hot.

Those are my reasons, as well!
  • nutandbutter
    Options
    I'm not a guy but I always take off my rings when working out even if just going out for a run. Calluses are not attractive on girls.

I'm damn proud of my calluses. I've worked my @ss off for them. And I guarantee most men aren't looking at my calluses.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    i dont wear my gold band anymore cause it needs to be re-sized but I do have matching tatttoos with the wife on my ring finger now :)
  • k1ngfl1pper
    k1ngfl1pper Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Just came from the gym and yes, I wore my ring. (3 weeks ago I would have said I couldn't take it off if I wanted to... :bigsmile: )
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I'm not a guy but I always take off my rings when working out even if just going out for a run. Calluses are not attractive on girls.

I'm damn proud of my calluses. I've worked my @ss off for them. And I guarantee most men aren't looking at my calluses.

This too. I have 3 in each hand
  • dubw
    dubw Posts: 429
    Options
    I have lost enough weight that my rings easily slip off. Therefore I hook them on my key ring. Lifting weights I often had problems with additional pressure on my ring finger, also sweating hands can cause a calcium buildup under the ring causing irritation. That said, I think married folks oughta wear their rings, but as mentioned, there are exceptions.
  • callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    This is why I got a tattoo to replace my wedding band.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I'm a chick-a-dee, and I take my bling off.
  • Gutter19
    Gutter19 Posts: 141
    Options
    I lift at home with powerblock dumbbells and I take my ring off when I work out. It is a pretty wide one though and the pinch or change in my grib is very disstracting.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I have to say, if I lift wearing my ring without gloves it tears open my hand really badly. Plus, it bangs up the band. Gloves or take it off!
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I'm not married, but if I was I wouldn't wear my ring while lifting. When I worked for AT&T a coworker got most of the flesh ripped off his ring finger when using his extension ladder.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I wish my hubs wouldnt wear his b/c i hate when things get thrashed, and I DO wear mine just b/c I forget to take it off...so no ring at the gym (or anywhere for that matter)is not a good indicator of married or not married...
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I'm not a guy, but, i take mine off when lifting. It hurts my hand really bad if I wear it.
  • mdundon09
    mdundon09 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Both my husband and I lift at the gym. Bench presses, deads etc. and neither of us wear our rings. It isn't pain caused by the ring. It's to prevent our gold wedding bands from getting scratched up.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I am a wo-man..I don't wear my ring to the gym...but for that matter..I usually forget to wear it. Personally..wearing a ring or not doesn't mean anything...I try to remember... we both have matching tattoos..so I don't give a crap if i wear it or not..
  • AlSalzman
    AlSalzman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    The ring stays on. My testicles remain in the box in the nightstand as well.
  • Jim_Hancock
    Jim_Hancock Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I take mine off. I used to wear it up until a buddy of mine broke his finger at the gym and they had to cut the ring off to remove it. My gym is at my work office and everyone knows I'm married anyhow.
  • jsjaclark
    jsjaclark Posts: 303
    Options
    I'm not a guy either, but I do take my rings off when I work out - Just to protect the rings. I have lost the smaller diamond chips out of my ring before and bent the ring. Also, my rings tend to come off easily.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    It's not like when I wear one, the ladies avoid me like the plague and when I don't wear one, I have to ask all of them to take a number. Considering I'm pretty busy triple setting all my lifts and trying to fit my workout + cardio in before the gym closes, I don't have time to really chit chat. Much less notice any woman being interested in me. Like that really happens anyway. gah
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Definitely take it off, it hurts my finger if I am lifting heavy and I don't want to damage it either.