Tanning??

Options
You do or don't?

Do you prefer someone with a tan or not?

Replies

• NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I actually lighten..with lemon juice
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Don't and it doesn't matter, but my husband is only slightly darker than me, and I'm just a shade above Casper.

History of skin cancer in my family so my vanity isn't even close to worth the risk.
  • TheReese1206
    Options
    Really? Does that work? Just plain lemon juice? I have a few dark face spots I would like to lighten/get rid of.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i like to tan in the sun but not tanning beds(too high uv exposure in a short time imo). and i prefer girls with some natural tan.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Google 'no such thing as a healthy tan'.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    I tan in a tanning bed right before summer so that I dont get an insane farmers tan xD white boobies on a tan body just looks weird to me. But on anyone else I honestly couldn't care less!
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I tan and I'm proud of it, haters gonna hate.
  • woopidydoo
    woopidydoo Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I don't. I want to look young for as long as possible.
  • fatcellsuck
    fatcellsuck Posts: 184
    Options
    I did a workout last week out in the sun and am pretty tanned right now.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    I am tan as hell.
  • susanloveszumba
    Options
    i am too scared of skin cancer :(
  • r987
    r987 Posts: 1
    Options
    As a licensed esthetician, I am strongly opposed to tanning beds! Even if you take the skin cancer factor away, tanning will really age your skin and can cause hyperpigmentation (dark spots/freckles). You can't reverse the effect of damaging your collagen and elastin, once it's gone it's gone - and tanning even a little contributes to the damage. Products can temporarily help, but nothing is permanent.

I love being tan as much as the next girl, but if you're gonna tan, spray tan is the way to go. Please don't use the beds! Love your skin and treat it well!
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    As a licensed esthetician, I am strongly opposed to tanning beds! Even if you take the skin cancer factor away, tanning will really age your skin and can cause hyperpigmentation (dark spots/freckles). You can't reverse the effect of damaging your collagen and elastin, once it's gone it's gone - and tanning even a little contributes to the damage. Products can temporarily help, but nothing is permanent.

I love being tan as much as the next girl, but if you're gonna tan, spray tan is the way to go. Please don't use the beds! Love your skin and treat it well!

All I heard was that sound when adults talked in Peanuts... lol

Y.O.L.O - You only live once. Enjoy it.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I don't. I want to avoid wrinkles, age spots and old, leathery-looking skin for as long as possible. Oh yeah, and skin cancer.

Not hating people who choose to tan.
  • tjones0927
    tjones0927 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I do start tanning right before Summer, starting off with short sessions and then building up just so I have a base going. I find doing this I don't have as bad of burns, especially at the very start of the season.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I usually do but i'm giving my skin a break until may.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Melanoma.
    Tanning beds raise your risk by 75%.

Spray tan or tan lotion. Safer, not to mention prettier skin when you're 40. :wink:
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Tanning is my one vice :grumble: Feel better & think I look better tan. I know how horrible it is, yet I still do it (kinda like smokers, right?! Right?!?!) As for any preference, my man is mixed (black & Hispanic) so that works for me :love: :love: :love: :love:
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Tanning is my one vice :grumble: Feel better & think I look better tan. I know how horrible it is, yet I still do it (kinda like smokers, right?! Right?!?!) As for any preference, my man is mixed (black & Hispanic) so that works for me :love: :love: :love: :love:

thats the way i feel. i know its not good for me but my skin looks much better and i feel much better.
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I don't like tanning.
    However I am very lucky that I have skin that tans well.

I am very very pale and avoid the sun and it brings out the Ukrainian in me lol but then when I was little and spent 12 hours at the beach everyday I looked very Latin.

I like my men with an olive/medium skin tone.
    I have a things for Spaniards and Italians. >.<