Tanning??

Options

Replies

• OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    ~ I live at the beach and I often walk it for a good workout ... mind, body and soul. I take naps sometimes poolside ... I do not go and " lay out " ... I'm too high energized ! LOL !

Bottom line ... I look and feel better " tan " ... I go to a dermatologist twice a year ... skin cancer is a fact of life and I have family who have it. I take it seriously, but I also love the Sun ... I just proceed with caution.

Btw ... Tanning beds are for wimps ! LOL ! :laugh: <
    Sorry, my odd humor !

~ Where there is Sun ... I will follow ... as long as it takes me to the Beach ~

:flowerforyou:
  • tkcasta
    tkcasta Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I tan and I'm proud of it, haters gonna hate.

Word.
  • fitby38
    fitby38 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    i went to a tanning salon for the first time in my life on saturday to try tanning and im a light skinned african american ... its addictive :o)

it is extremely addictive. I fell asleep in it all of the time!

its not something i plan to do on a regular basis ... as i said ... i was born with a NATURAL tan :o)... just something i wanted to try. i think it is funny how the ladies who work in the tanning salons either look like alligators or they are so orange that it doesnt even look like a tan but some type of experiment that went wrong LOL
  • jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I tanned/burned a lot as a kid and teenager...I had skin cancer at 24....I didn't want it again and I had a baby that I wanted to stay alive for so I never really tanned again. I went last summer and did the spray tan versa spa at Golden Tans and really liked it, and may do it again this summer. I would never purposefully tan in the sun or tanning bed again, plus I actually have very nice skin and don't want to look like an old leather bag when I am 50...I always use moisturizer on my face with an SPF of at least 15. :)
  • AmberFaith90
    AmberFaith90 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah, I tan! I dropped my Coca-Cola habit, so leave me alone. :smokin:
  • brittigno
    brittigno Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    i went to a tanning salon for the first time in my life on saturday to try tanning and im a light skinned african american ... its addictive :o)

its not something i plan to do on a regular basis ... as i said ... i was born with a NATURAL tan :o)... just something i wanted to try. i think it is funny how the ladies who work in the tanning salons either look like alligators or they are so orange that it doesnt even look like a tan but some type of experiment that went wrong LOL
    lol. This one place I went to back when I lived in Illinois had this girl working there that had maaajor raccoon eyes. And then she spray tanned which was obvious with how blotchy it was.

but what's really amusing is when they try to sell you their lotion. I went to one place down here and this girl tried listing off all these "bad" chemicals in my cheap bottle of tanning lotion in an effort to get me to buy one of theirs... They both had the same ingredients. :/ I was like, really? If you're going to try and con me, at least do some research.
  • jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I know my picture looks like I have a dark tan, but I was using a weird color setting on my phone. lol
  • KatieCuth
    KatieCuth Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I love spray tan.....
  • cior
    cior Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I go every once in a blue moon to just perk myself up, but I usually stray tan or apply to lotions. They last on my skin longer! I'm typically outside a lot so I already have some color.
  • Doebop
    Doebop Posts: 4
    Options
    Tan is good so long as it it isn't orange or overdone.
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Obviously we all know tanning isn't good for your or your skin, but I will say that, strictly aesthetically, I think almost everyone looks better with a tan and I know that I feel the most beautiful during the summer when my skin is bronzed and glowing. (It's also the fastest way I've found to clear up any blemishes I have)
  • fitby38
    fitby38 Posts: 307 Member
    Options

lol. This one place I went to back when I lived in Illinois had this girl working there that had maaajor raccoon eyes. And then she spray tanned which was obvious with how blotchy it was.

LMBO!! MS. major raccoon eyes is the one who looked like the experiment :laugh:
  • JessicaW0204
    Options
    I usually just do spray tan (Club Sun's Versa Spa is natural looking and not orange at all) but I am leaving for a cruise soon so I am laying in the tanning bed right now to get a good base so I don't burn as easy and be miserable on my cruise. I love tanning, makes me feel better about myself and I look much better with a tan. My hubby has an amazing complexion and he tans super easy, love tan guys. :)
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I don't go 'tanning' but I am outdoors enough that even with daily sunscreen I get tan in the summer. I try VERY VERY VERY hard to not every get sunburned.
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I lay out in the summer, but I use sunscreen and I never go into the tanning beds. I don't really spray tan. I'm afraid of skin cancer but honestly, as a scientist, I rarely get to see the sun enough to get that tan anyways :P

Always reminds me of this video... makes me want to cry every time I watch
    "Dear 16 year old me"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4jgUcxMezM
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Really? Does that work? Just plain lemon juice? I have a few dark face spots I would like to lighten/get rid of.

I don't spend alot of time in the sun, because it makes me look like Wesley Snipes. I get a shade darker within minutes...I strip it away with fresh squeezed lemon juice (mixed with honey, for my face).

Age 40...smooth, clear skin.......wrinkle free
  • DalexD
    DalexD Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I don't tan, I just burn instantly :(
  • JulieG1443
    Options
    As a licensed esthetician, I am strongly opposed to tanning beds! Even if you take the skin cancer factor away, tanning will really age your skin and can cause hyperpigmentation (dark spots/freckles). You can't reverse the effect of damaging your collagen and elastin, once it's gone it's gone - and tanning even a little contributes to the damage. Products can temporarily help, but nothing is permanent.

I love being tan as much as the next girl, but if you're gonna tan, spray tan is the way to go. Please don't use the beds! Love your skin and treat it well!

All I heard was that sound when adults talked in Peanuts... lol

Y.O.L.O - You only live once. Enjoy it.

Y.O.L.O

I second this ^ and will be tanning today for at least 2 hours after my workout as the weather is beautiful in England!
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I love spray tan.....

me toooo and I wear sunblock and still enjoy being outside
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I live in south Florida. Inevitably, due to my lifestyle, I'm in the sun a lot during the warmer months. I don't lie out in the sun. I definitely don't go to salons. And when it's time to fade into winter and cover up, I do. I try to protect my skin when I know ahead of time that I'm going out, but sometimes I don't realize how much brighter and stronger the sun's rays are here. I got a sunburn while driving down to the Keys in a regular 4-door sedan.

When it comes to who I date, I've never dated anyone who considered tanning. They already have darker skin pigment naturally.