What is it about women....???

Options

Replies

• Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    If a man is alone in the forest, and he says something and there is no woman to hear it, is he still wrong?

Probably.
  • fracturedgirl
    fracturedgirl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Some people, men or women, they just feel they shouldn't have to apologize or admit fault. :( I'd actually know why they think the way they do, because then I could understand their actions better.
  • harrietlg
    harrietlg Posts: 239
    Options
    if its his fault but he doesn't realise it i generally don't speak to him for a few days... we work and live together so its not fun! he's a stubborn bugger.... i always bloody apologise if i've done something wrong because i can actually see what ive done wrong!
  • Maystar80
    Maystar80 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    dude, you can't go putting a post titled "what is it about women?" and then rant about your wife and women in general (though I note that you understand not all women are like this) and not expect to get slightly ****ted on. Just saying...

but to my point, I am definitely on the side of apologizing too much, especially with my boyfriend. when my feelings get hurt about things, I take a while to sort out what I'm actually feeling and why, and then I eventually tell him, but then I feel like I'm just overly sensitive so I end up apologizing for being so sensitive and getting so easily hurt and risking tension over nothing. so i'm still figuring out how to handle this conundrum. I end up getting upset about being upset and feeling like it's all my fault and doubting what I thought was right. So maybe you should be thankful that your wife can stick to her guns. maybe you wouldn't like the opposite end of the spectrum which is me....
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Edited. I made a sarcastic comment about being married. But I see that will offend the OP so I'll delete it. See how respect works?
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that you're wrong. :tongue:
  • skinEme1018
    Options
    Most of the time "men nor women" don't apologize to their spouse because they do not feel they can trust them to forgive without critisisim Which to read your post I am guessing that is the issue here...just guessing. Maybe if you let her off the hook and forgive her without explaining why you were right she would feel more trust
    When a women or a man for that matter apologize they are making themselves vulnerable to correction.....when we feel it is unneccessary we clam up. No one want to be around a "know it all."
    Just food for thought....and you dont even have to log this food in! Calorie free!
  • skinEme1018
    Options
    Most of the time "men nor women" don't apologize to their spouse because they do not feel they can trust them to forgive without critisisim Which to read your post I am guessing that is the issue here...just guessing. Maybe if you let her off the hook and forgive her without explaining why you were right she would feel more trust
    When a women or a man for that matter apologize they are making themselves vulnerable to correction.....when we feel it is unneccessary we clam up. No one want to be around a "know it all."
    Just food for thought....and you dont even have to log this food in! Calorie free!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Men don't apologize much either, at least mine doesn't verbally. He does with his actions when he's wrong, and I apologize in words when I am. It's our human pride that gets in the way.
  • caroleslaststand
    caroleslaststand Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm the most stubborn person i know. I will straight faced tell you the sky is effin purple and that the cows flew home. I'm never wrong even when i know i'm wrong. Common household objects get thrown around, there's yelling and stomping of the feet. I'm never wrong. I go to bed pissed off and don't you dare effin ask/tell me to have sex unless you want your balls tied up around your throat.

then the next day when the storm blows over I'll laugh and apologize. Clearly i was wrong.

I should note i'm divorced and have never made a relationship last longer than 4---4 years, 4 weeks, and the last one was about 4 months. But i've been to therapy and am in touch with my inner self--i got tired of replacing common household object.

I loved this post.....
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    As if I've just seen this thread after ive just been grovelling with apologies to my other half! Lol!

I always apologise if I'm in the wrong - sometimes I apologise even if I'm not. Mainly to keep things happy or to take the flak fir someone's mistakes to save grace and harmony. :-)
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    That makes them physically unable to apologize or admit when they are wrong???? And - for those of you out there who are all ready to be offended - I am WELL aware that not all women are like that. I am also WELL aware that I am an idiot and am wrong more often than not. This is not one of those times and yet, the wife slinks off to bed without so much as an apology or a good night. Very irritating.

Sounds like it was your fault.

:laugh:
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I don't think it is just women, becuase I know men who are like this too.

I think it is more of a type of person that doesn't admit they are wrong....a stubborn person with too much pride.
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    it's not just women. *I* apologize. and i'm teaching my kids to apologize ( sincerely) as well.

my ex, and these are his exact words, " I don't believe in, 'I'm sorry'." he refused to say it. would never apologize for anything nor ever admit he was wrong. he would say " just don't get it wrong to begin with, " or " don't' make a mistake to begin with." he is a blame seeker. as in, there is ALWAYS someone to blame and it will NEVER be him. he's got my kids doing it too :-(

sometimes, we have to admit we are wrong, we made the mistake, we messed up. we have to OWN our choices and accept the consequences. it really is as simple as that! and sometimes, we might know we are right, but it's a better choice to concede and let the other person feel good about themselves! at the end of the day there is no "winner" in who is right more often...........
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    That makes them physically unable to apologize or admit when they are wrong???? And - for those of you out there who are all ready to be offended - I am WELL aware that not all women are like that. I am also WELL aware that I am an idiot and am wrong more often than not. This is not one of those times and yet, the wife slinks off to bed without so much as an apology or a good night. Very irritating.
    Sexism is very irritating as well
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    oh here we go*grabs popcorn* standing room only-Ty
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options

"I am woman! Hear me roar!! Watch me wear leather and spank your *kitten* with a whip! Don't EVER talk back!!"
    they can't really watch when they're tied up and blindfolded...but others could

:laugh: Great line Supermum
  • Emabo
    Emabo Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I usually cave or end it with a "whatever".. I used to be really stubborn though!
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    this thread has made me very happy this morning...almost better than my first cup of coffee.
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    That's obnoxious no matter what gender someone is.