Eat clean at McDonalds

Options
14567810»

Replies

• tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    There sure are a lot of uptight people who obviously have the luxury of never have been in a pinch before. You get your panties in a wad over every. single. meal. Really? Every meal? Grabbing drive-thru on occasion will destroy all of your work? Really? Get off your collective high horses and join the real world where some people are on the go all day, and may not always have the luxury of other options. It happens! Maybe not if you're a SAHM or 9-5er. Geesh

It depends on what you have available for macros for the day, plain and simple. If, like me, you have a 1500 calorie surplus from your morning 10 mile race, then you have a lot of options that will fill those macros nicely. And no, having nuggets w/o the fries won't set you back and waste all of your hard work.

Any food outlet that needs an ingredient list for apples (and has about 20 ingredients in a "seared chicken fillet) is not going to fit my definition of "eating clean" so from my point of view, I'd have to argue that "no, you can't eat clean at McDonalds".

That's not to say you can't get lower calorie options there, and I'm sure some of them have a reasonable amount of nutrition. They just don't fit my lifestyle or my preferences - maybe I'm a good planner or just lucky, but I'll always find somewhere else to eat.

*claps* to all of the above!!!

Also i eat mcd with my family i just make smarter choices..do the research their are fast food places out their with worse sodium and calorie choices....even for smaller servings...I've checked I have a few restaurants I won't got to now, but MCD not one of those

Thank you! Geez, we're talking about one meal here. If I EVER get my panties in a wad or get up on my high horse about a freakin one-time meal, I hope my friends and family slap me. Yep, I have a McyD's 5 minutes from my office. All other things are about 10 mins. I bring my lunch most days, but every great now and then I make a McyD pitstop. Dear Weight Loss God, forgive me, for I have sinned. *sarcasm font* Whatevah. I do like their grilled chicken salads (i keep my own dressing in fridge at work). I do like their parfaits. And most importantly, I don't lose sleep over having a meal at McDonalds.
  • Jackieb301
    Jackieb301 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I love the Grilled Chicken Club, no mayo, cheese or bread....yum! Add some apples and a water, maybe a side salad....VERY reasonable!
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    There sure are a lot of uptight people who obviously have the luxury of never have been in a pinch before. You get your panties in a wad over every. single. meal. Really? Every meal? Grabbing drive-thru on occasion will destroy all of your work? Really? Get off your collective high horses and join the real world where some people are on the go all day, and may not always have the luxury of other options. It happens! Maybe not if you're a SAHM or 9-5er. Geesh

It depends on what you have available for macros for the day, plain and simple. If, like me, you have a 1500 calorie surplus from your morning 10 mile race, then you have a lot of options that will fill those macros nicely. And no, having nuggets w/o the fries won't set you back and waste all of your hard work.

Any food outlet that needs an ingredient list for apples (and has about 20 ingredients in a "seared chicken fillet) is not going to fit my definition of "eating clean" so from my point of view, I'd have to argue that "no, you can't eat clean at McDonalds".

That's not to say you can't get lower calorie options there, and I'm sure some of them have a reasonable amount of nutrition. They just don't fit my lifestyle or my preferences - maybe I'm a good planner or just lucky, but I'll always find somewhere else to eat.

*claps* to all of the above!!!

Also i eat mcd with my family i just make smarter choices..do the research their are fast food places out their with worse sodium and calorie choices....even for smaller servings...I've checked I have a few restaurants I won't got to now, but MCD not one of those

Thank you! Geez, we're talking about one meal here. If I EVER get my panties in a wad or get up on my high horse about a freakin one-time meal, I hope my friends and family slap me. Yep, I have a McyD's 5 minutes from my office. All other things are about 10 mins. I bring my lunch most days, but every great now and then I make a McyD pitstop. Dear Weight Loss God, forgive me, for I have sinned. *sarcasm font* Whatevah. I do like their grilled chicken salads (i keep my own dressing in fridge at work). I do like their parfaits. And most importantly, I don't lose sleep over having a meal at McDonalds.

"Dear Weight Loss God, forgive me, for I have sinned. *sarcasm font* Whatevah."

Love it!!! I have to send you a friend request :flowerforyou:
  • AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    When someone makes the choice to eat "clean" they are choosing to eliminate all processed foods and extra additives from their diet. Basically, you are choosing to eat whole, unrefined foods.

This is the reason why I explained you can't define clean. By your definition, tofu, protein powders, dairy products, canned foods (such as tuna), whole grains (namely whole grain breads), etc. are all the opposite of clean since they are all heavily processed. Yet, we know for a fact, that these things are not unclean, so your definition ultimately excludes a plethora of foods that have potential health benefits if consumed in proper quantities.

Furthermore, you are contending that somehow unrefined, whole foods are better than those that are not, which is simply untrue. In the end, what matters is how much we take in of something and how that functions over a period of time. This is why some studies have shown no nutritional benefits to brown rice over white or whole grain breads over refined breads. Whole grains are processed in such a fashion that they retain their antinutritional properties (namely phytic acid). If whole, unrefined foods (such as your whole grains) were truly better than agenda-driven scientists who believe in whole grains shouldn't have found that 50% of whole grain intake replaced with refined grains had similar benefits than 100% whole grains and 0% refined grains.
    Enjoy whole grains - these are grains that are still complete and haven't been broken down in any form. Examples include: brown rice, whole wheat and other whole grains. You will have to get used to reading over food labels. Just because a product says its "whole grain" does not mean it is. It also does not mean they have not added a bunch of other ingredients as well.

This does not fit your definition. Whole grains are heavily processed, especially breads, crackers, etc., especially ones that fit your food label criteria.
  • brittlynn07
    brittlynn07 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I used to work at McDonalds and so I know how all the food is prepared. I would suggest if you want a sandwich to get it without the bun and whatever you want on it. They will prepare it your way as well. Some people will get a piece of grilled chicken on two pieces of lettuce instead of the bun. If you get a salad I would suggest asking when it was prepared because they are supposed to only keep them for a day but they don't always throw them out like they are supposed to. The oatmeal is served all day as well as the fruit and yogurt parfait. The tray liners have the nutritional info on the back so you can always ask for one of those to help you decide based on how much fat etc you want in your meal.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    I used to work at McDonalds and so I know how all the food is prepared. I would suggest if you want a sandwich to get it without the bun and whatever you want on it. They will prepare it your way as well. Some people will get a piece of grilled chicken on two pieces of lettuce instead of the bun. If you get a salad I would suggest asking when it was prepared because they are supposed to only keep them for a day but they don't always throw them out like they are supposed to. The oatmeal is served all day as well as the fruit and yogurt parfait. The tray liners have the nutritional info on the back so you can always ask for one of those to help you decide based on how much fat etc you want in your meal.

Interesting idea. But I could see the kids at maccas getting pretty pissed off having to make some weird "burger". I don't like to piss the people off that are making my food in general :tongue:
  • charlotte60
    Options
    I eat 4 piece chicken nuggets=190 calories and a side salad with italian dressing=70 calories.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    546348_361252710579105_216874905016887_922644_2135858305_n.jpg