Eat clean at McDonalds

Options

Replies

• reneegee23
    reneegee23 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    This has been my contention for ages. Diets themselves can be unhealthy or healthy but never the individual foods. Individual foods mean very little until examined within the context of a diet. Even then, the diet must be viewed over a period of time, not a short period such as a day or week.

True story.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    What is your definition of clean? Do you mean low-calorie?

My personal definition of clean means no preservatives.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    If it fits your macros! Not rocket science, people!
  • AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Options

Lemon, salt, and vinegar are preservatives. Are they not clean?
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options

I was replying to the OP.
  • AeolianHarp
    Options

I was replying to the OP.

Ok. And I'm asking you if something that has lemon, salt, or vinegar is not clean because you said clean is something that has no preservatives.
  • pippiagain
    Options
    I don't think so, they just finally agreed to stop using pink slime. They may have some low calorie choices, but they are filled with chemicals, and everything is processed. Even the apple slices have chemicals on them! Eat real food to be healthy!
  • jcreazy
    jcreazy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Like everyone says, nothing at mcdonalds is good for you but when i do, i get grilled chicken wraps with honey mustard and no cheese. just curious though, why are people throwing out the buns?
  • rvmarsh3
    rvmarsh3 Posts: 3
    Options
    I don't think so, they just finally agreed to stop using pink slime. They may have some low calorie choices, but they are filled with chemicals, and everything is processed. Even the apple slices have chemicals on them! Eat real food to be healthy!

Yeah this was exactly what I was gonna say. Even though the some foods are low in calories you also have to think about the other crap they put in there. With that said I still eat at McD's or other fast food if I really need to. I just try to get something grilled, since that is normally the lowest in calories.
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to the Southwest Grilled Chicken Salad. There is enough glaze & lime juice that you only need about 1/2 of the dressing packet. I save the rest for another salad later. I know what they say, "Going to McDonalds for a salad is like going to a hooker for a hug." I don't care about what the haters say!!
    ^^^THIS Im obessed
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I believe Mc D's offers a menu showing the calorie content of their foods.

That's what I thought

There's a major difference between eating clean and eating low-calorie. About the only truly clean thing you can get from McD's is a salad with no dressing and no chicken. If it's processed AT ALL, it's not clean, regardless of how few calories it might have. The oatmeal MIGHT be okay if it doesn't have a bunch of added sugars.
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Mcdouble no bread
    oatmeal w/ raisins only
    chicken breast patty (grilled)
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Firstly I don't believe that u have to have fast food for your lunch each day - what's wrong with making sandwiches or a salad at home & taking it with u?

Secondly if u ever catch me in mcD it's coz I have no inclination to eat healthily so it will be a Big Mac & Fries please. I do literally go about once a year tho & when I do I always feel a bit violated afterwards haha.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/the-dirt-on-clean-eating/

has this not been posted yet?

You don't have to eat 100% "clean" all the time to be healthy. So for all those people way up there on you're high horses, live a little :happy:
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Get off your freaking high horse people. I eat 'clean' 95% of the time. The other 5% I don't. This keeps you happy. Your obviously doing it 100% of the time and it makes you miserable moody and cranky! Exactly why I don't do it 100% because I don't want to be like that! This is a lifestlye change, in life situations arise where you can't always stick to plan. A salad with dressing and grilled chicken is fine from mcdonalds if your in a jam. Absolutely no need for the sniping!
  • Sildrae
    Sildrae Posts: 86
    Options
    If I eat there now, instead of the humongous meals I used to eat, I stick to having Sweet Chilli Chicken Wraps with Fries and Water.

Though I make sure that the rest of my day doesn't push me over my goals. :)

--Lee
    Sweet Chili wraps? I didn't even know they had those. I love that Sweet Chili sauce. Yum.

Yeah, once I saw them, I thought I'd give it a try, turned out amazing, cut down on my McDs bill when I go in now, and also fills me up decently, has the added lush taste, if I knew how to make a McDs Sweet Chilli Chicken Wrap at home, I'd be doing me some of them! :)

--Lee
  • AeolianHarp
    Options
    No one here eats clean because clean is a figment of your imagination.
  • callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options

And now everyone can safely ignore anything you say.
  • AeolianHarp
    Options

And now everyone can safely ignore anything you say.

lol give me a break. Go ahead and give me a clear cut, explicit definition of clean. I expect something that isn't remotely arbitrary or ambiguous. I'll save you time: you can't.

Besides, you're paleo. Let's be real now.
  • jtay_lifts83
    jtay_lifts83 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    YES