Ideal Protein - Phase I Recipe Suggestions, pls!!

Options

Replies

• Faerie704
    Options
    Hillardburg: They are on the restricted veggie list according to my protocol, and you can only have 2 things from the restricted veggies per week (so either tomatoes twice a week, or tomatoes once and another restricted veggie once). I haven't heard anything about cherry vs. regular tomatoes.
  • laktar
    Options
    Just found this web page with lots of ideas...

http://andoverdietcenter.com/ideal-protein/recipes

My husband is starting IP on Tuesday. I am excited for these recipes because they are variations on lots of protein-rich meals we already do as a family (we eat a lot of pork tenderloin, for example, and who knew our picky 2 1/2 year old little boy would LOVE shrimp?!?!?!) I wish I could do it with him, but we have a 1 month old baby I am nursing, so I will just log my food on MyFitnessPal and cook well for dinner to support and encourage him. I'm excited and a little bit nervous for this change in our life! Any "wisdom" from those of you already working the protocol?

~~Laura
  • xDawnsgrace
    Options
    bump~
  • smagnan
    smagnan Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    The Andover Diet Center website has some really good recipes I use all the time!
  • Dlmtdm
    Options
    I'm on day 5 of the ideal protein diet..... Feeling the cavings today.. Trying to push through...
  • 123just4me
    Options
    A lot of the recipes are great, but I have to restrict the sodium (high blood pressure), any suggestions other than Mrs. Dash (allergic to it - hives)? Also, has anyone had a problem with some of the nutritional values being WRONG on here EX.: french cut green beans have NO sodium, but it's listed as 290mg. How do I make the adjustment on my food list?
    Thx.
  • Yamarama2
    Options
    My favourite meal on this diet is a diet salad nicoise made out of: romaine lettuce (however much you want), 1 cup green beans, 1 cup chopped bell peppers, 1 hardboiled egg and/or tuna (recommended amount) and then a dressing of olive oil, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper, and oregano. It's delicious and does not taste like a diet meal!
  • ravengal
    Options
    bump
  • mmejennifersimons
    Options
    Does anyone have any coffee suggestions. I only started yesterday, and my coach had suggested using the vanilla drink mix as a "substitute" for creamer, but she didn't put any in my initial "variety pack" that my location puts together. Now I'll have to wait 'til Monday to speak to hear, and l am really looking for any good ideas for makig a coffee creamy. Thanks
  • vickiv08
    Options
    I am back on ideal for the second time :-( I did the walk of shame .. I lost 100lbs the first time and now have gained back 45. I am always having a hard time with my lunch ideas . I am not a big fan of the ip soups .. The first time I did ip I ate salad all of the time but I want to switch it up this time . Any lunch suggestions?
  • jeannineburnett
    jeannineburnett Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Personally, I did not like the vanilla substitute. I have gotten used to drinking my coffee black most times. For one of my meals, I put a packet of cappucino mix in the coffee and it is delicious and filling.
  • boss1897
    Options
    I am starting back tomorrow. Going on a cruise end of April and want to wear a bikini this year.
  • Bulti
    Bulti Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the information. I'm 4 months in and have lost 36 lbs. Need the encouragement!
  • philmichaelson
    Options
    Good luck with your diet:smile: ! We have dozens of IP recipes collected by our members. From carne asada to meringue cookies to kale chips. Check out all the ideal protein recipes and ask questions at http://keeprecipes.com/top/dietary-consideration/ideal-protein
  • TerracaFit
    Options
    The 3 Fat Chicks site is awesome! An extremely valuable resource while you're on the IP program.
  • krunels
    Options
    Here are a few things I have done to mix things up.

Ideal Protein Vegetable Chili packet - prepare as directed and add in 1/2 - 3/4 can of spicy rotel tomato's mix. I then serve it over lettuce and add in more vegi's like raw red onions and green peppers and its like a taco salad.

Using the Chicken a La King IP packet - I prepare as directed and just add in tons of vegi's - roasted cauliflower, steamed broccoli, sauteed zucchini and mushrooms (which I saute in a little olive oil and a ton of garlic). I add pepper and sea salt - spices are the key. NOTE: Heat the vegetables separately and add to the heated Chicken a la King or it will get too soupy from the liquid off the vegetables.

The other think I found I really like and even eat it for lunch some days is the Breadless French Toast you create from the Vanilla Drink mix. The recipe is as follows - its nice b/c it only uses about 1/2 of the vanilla drink packet. Serve with the Walden Farms syrup. It is unrestricted but you really feel like it should be restricted.

Breadless French Toast
    3/4 C. Egg Substitute
    2-3 tablespoons Ideal Protein Vanilla Shake
    dash of salt
    2 dashes of cinnamon
    2 dashes nutmeg
    1/2 tsp of vanilla extract

Mix well, pour in hot skillet, cook until firm, flip and cook other side, sprinkle a bit of stivia on top if you want (I don't think it needs it at all with the syrup).

Finally - Lettuce Wraps - these are awesome. Both my 12 and 16 year old daughters love these....I personally can do without the special sauce and just use the soy sauce mixture along with a little Hot Sriracha Chili Sauce on each one.
    Chicken Lettuce Wraps
    SERVES 4

• 2 tablespoons oil
    • 3boneless skinless chicken breasts (I use ground chicken instead)
    • 1 cup bean spouts
    • 1-2 cups mushroom
    • ½ cup chopped green onions
    2 C. chopped zucchini
    • 1 tablespoon minced garlic
    • iceburg lettuce leaves

Special Sauce

• 1/4 cup sweetener(splenda)
    • 1/2 cup water
    • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
    • 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
    • 2 tablespoons tomato paste
    • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
    • 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
    • 1-2 teaspoon garlic
    10 drops tabasco sauce

Stir Fry Sauce

• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
    • 1 tablespoons sweetener
    • 1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar

1. Make the special sauce by dissolving the sweetener in water in a small bowl.
    2. Add soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ketchup, lemon juice and sesame oil.
    3. Mix well and refrigerate this sauce until you're ready to serve.
    4. Eventually add your desired measurement of garlic chili sauce to the special sauce mixture to pour over the wraps.
    5. Bring 1 tablespoon oil to high heat in a wok or large frying pan.
    6. Saute chicken breasts for 4 to 5 minutes per side or done.
    7. Remove chicken from the pan and cool.
    8. Keep oil in the pan, keep hot.
    9. As chicken cools mince bean srouts, zucchini and mushrooms to about the size of small peas.
    10. Prepare the stir fry sauce by mixing the soy sauce, sweetener, and rice vinegar together in a small bowl.
    11. When chicken is cool, chop it to the size of small peas. (again I use ground chicken as it saves a lot of the prep/cutting time)
    12. With the pan still on high heat, add another Tbsp of vegetable oil.
    13. Add chicken, garlic, onions, water chestnuts and mushrooms to the pan.
    14. Add the stir fry sauce to the pan and saute the mixture for a couple minutes then serve it in the lettuce"cups".
    15. Top with "Special Sauce".
  • DaniG99
    DaniG99 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Bump for recipes
  • MamaGraff
    MamaGraff Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My coach lets me have cream in my coffee and I have lost 8 pounds in 12 days. I only have 1 cup with cream every day.
  • heseama
    heseama Posts: 1
    Options
    Turnips are not allowed in phase 1.
    :smile:
  • laura52271
    Options
    I made them also and they are indeed great! (kale chips)