BLACK TEAM WEEK 3

Options

Replies

• Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Good morning Black Team!

Well, I got through the graduation party yesterday. It was lovely, a great time! My parents and sister had driven in from Kentucky on Wednesday to be here for Alex's graduation and I was sad to see them leave yesterday but relieved that its all over at the same time:laugh:

I dont really expect to see a loss on this next weigh in though. Im gonna work out today and I didnt do REALLY bad with my eating at the party yesterday, but it wasnt food that Im used to eating lately and not the greatest choices calorie-wise. And I only got to workout about 2 days out of last week...so we'll see how it goes. BUT I have not stepped on that scale!:happy: In fact, I still dont even know where the scale is....its still hidden from me:laugh:

Well, I have some shopping to do today...its amazing how out of town company for a few days can deplete the pantries:laugh: Gonna play some tennis later after the shopping is done. That should be fun, Ive only got to play once this past week:ohwell:

I hope you all have a great Saturday!:flowerforyou:

Oh! I heard what they said too, Marla...we are not old!! Just more experienced:wink::laugh: :smokin:
  • Vanessa414
    Vanessa414 Posts: 644
    Options
    Morning all!!

Lori - Awesome job on the run!!!

I kinda got to read through the posts, but not really so sorry about that... :blushing:

Today I'll hit a video or two this morning and then this afternoon I'm heading to my mom's so my brothers can fix up that bike and my mom can cut Owen's hair. Gonna do a couple loads of laundry. The machines at our apartments cost like $2.50 a load which is just ridiculous so I take any chance i can get to do laundry elsewhere. :laugh:

i'm hoping to be able to get a bike right in tonight. I have a pretty good feeling that I might give up on running for now. My shins are just so sensitive and I have a feeling it'll be alot better once I lost some weight. We'll see. I"m still experimenting trying to find an activity that I REALLY enjoy. Trying to get past the first physical hurdles so I can have a pain free view of my options. :laugh:

I found the most amazing thing at the store.... TURKEY CHEDDAR WURSTS!!!! Cheddar wursts are probably one of my favorite things in the entire world but a regular one is like 260 calories by itself or something like that and these are only 160. I also bought wheat buns.

Yay!

Anywho, hope everyone has a great weekend! I'll be around for most of the beginning of the day til I head to my moms.

:heart: my black team!
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!!

It's gonna be one of those weekends, I can already tell!! I know I gotta get some kind of working out in sometime. My daughter didn't wanna sleep good last night so she kept everyone up. Then she got up at 6 and then peed in my mom's bed. WTH? She doesn't usually do that. I hope you all have a great day and I will be checking in.
  • laniirvin
    laniirvin Posts: 94
    Options
    Just got off work! I hope everyone is enjoying their Friday night! Not me, I get to work all of them. Yuck. Good luck everyone over the weekend!

At least your home now. Do you have to work tomorrow?

Yeppers, every weekend I work. It sucks, but thats what you have to do when you are in school I guess.
  • laniirvin
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good morning fellow black teamers! I hope everyone has a super fantastic day! I get to head off to work again in a little bit. Yeah:sad: I'd rather go to the gym. Isn't that funny, I didn't think that way before. Hope everyone has a great day
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Just got off work! I hope everyone is enjoying their Friday night! Not me, I get to work all of them. Yuck. Good luck everyone over the weekend!

At least your home now. Do you have to work tomorrow?

Yeppers, every weekend I work. It sucks, but thats what you have to do when you are in school I guess.

Before I got laid off I worked every weekend because I worked at a hotel! Not because I was going to school. Plus I had a tyranny boss!!:laugh: :laugh:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Almost afternoon all!!

Got up this AM made breakfast for everyone(cause that is my job now:blushing: ) then decided that I needed to go for a bike ride. I think I did about 14 miles in about 1.5 hours. I might do some running on the treadmill tonight depending on how I feel. I have been so tired lately. Today is the first day I worked out this week. Well monday and tuesday I did but to me they are on last week. haha!!

Hope everyones weekend is going great!!
  • laniirvin
    Options
    I've never tried bicycling, always afraid to fall off. I had many stitches growing up from doing that. I want to try it, cause i notice you burn more calories bicycling. Is that true?
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    I've never tried bicycling, always afraid to fall off. I had many stitches growing up from doing that. I want to try it, cause i notice you burn more calories bicycling. Is that true?

I have never tried running for 1.5 hours but I did burn 998 calories today. :blushing:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Good morning-- er, afternoon black team--

Hit the ground running today-- typed from 8-10, made and ate breakfast with Josh and Abby, washed windows and sliding glass doors, cleaned the bathroom-- and assigned the children their various asundry housecleaning chores-- all while SOME in this house 'got caught up on sleep." Really pisses me off on a beautiful day when so much needs to be done around here--

Alas-- whaddyagonnado-- :ohwell: :angry:

I'm gonna plant my fanny back in my chair for my 3pm typing and sneak peeks out the window at the beautiful day going on--

And I'm gonna do my toe touches-- DAVE-- :grumble:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    smiley-happy093.gifsmiley-happy093.gifsmiley-happy093.gifsmiley-happy093.gif

I could 'run' on the elliptical!! I worked out HARD!! I am so happy! I guess God let me get hurt so I could really appreciate moving fast!!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Morning all!!

Lori - Awesome job on the run!!!

I kinda got to read through the posts, but not really so sorry about that... :blushing:

Today I'll hit a video or two this morning and then this afternoon I'm heading to my mom's so my brothers can fix up that bike and my mom can cut Owen's hair. Gonna do a couple loads of laundry. The machines at our apartments cost like $2.50 a load which is just ridiculous so I take any chance i can get to do laundry elsewhere. :laugh:

i'm hoping to be able to get a bike right in tonight. I have a pretty good feeling that I might give up on running for now. My shins are just so sensitive and I have a feeling it'll be alot better once I lost some weight. We'll see. I"m still experimenting trying to find an activity that I REALLY enjoy. Trying to get past the first physical hurdles so I can have a pain free view of my options. :laugh:

I found the most amazing thing at the store.... TURKEY CHEDDAR WURSTS!!!! Cheddar wursts are probably one of my favorite things in the entire world but a regular one is like 260 calories by itself or something like that and these are only 160. I also bought wheat buns.

Yay!

Anywho, hope everyone has a great weekend! I'll be around for most of the beginning of the day til I head to my moms.

:heart: my black team!

I agree with the break for runnin. Shin splints only get worse. Focus on lower impact cardio until you get closer to your goal then you should start running. If I started runnin when I had first started my legs probably would have snapped in half.

:drinker:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good morning fellow black teamers! I hope everyone has a super fantastic day! I get to head off to work again in a little bit. Yeah:sad: I'd rather go to the gym. Isn't that funny, I didn't think that way before. Hope everyone has a great day

You have a great day too. You'll be out of work before ya know it!

:flowerforyou:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Good morning-- er, afternoon black team--

Hit the ground running today-- typed from 8-10, made and ate breakfast with Josh and Abby, washed windows and sliding glass doors, cleaned the bathroom-- and assigned the children their various asundry housecleaning chores-- all while SOME in this house 'got caught up on sleep." Really pisses me off on a beautiful day when so much needs to be done around here--

Alas-- whaddyagonnado-- :ohwell: :angry:

I'm gonna plant my fanny back in my chair for my 3pm typing and sneak peeks out the window at the beautiful day going on--

And I'm gonna do my toe touches-- DAVE-- :grumble:

Just wanted to let you know that the tiny yoda in your signature made my day... nay, my week.

:laugh:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options

I could 'run' on the elliptical!! I worked out HARD!! I am so happy! I guess God let me get hurt so I could really appreciate moving fast!!

OH YEAH!!!!!! YOU GO! YOU GO YOU GO!!!!!!!!!
    ]smiley-happy093.gif
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon team!

Got home from the gym a little while ago, and had an awesome workout...felt great to be sweating so much. Waiting for BF to get off the phone so we can start watching this TV episode before I go out. He's over on the couch chatting away like it's nothing. Boys :laugh:

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I cannot believe we have 2 BT members who are getting ready to break 100!! Plus Andrew who HIT IT!!

GOOOOO TEAM!!

You guys are my heros!:heart:
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    We just did the coolest thing. We were on our way to Target to get a couple things for my new bike riding endeavor and we passed by this park where they were having a "vehicle" show. All kinda of police cars and fire trucks and buses and stuff. Owen loved it! He got to sit in the driver seat of most of the vehicles and then he wouldn't leave and we caused a bit of a scene. (past his nap time).

But yeah. So I got a nice squishy bike seat, an odometer for the bike and a water bottle holder thing. Oh and a sports bra. I finally broke down and bought one. My bewbs tend to peak out of the top of most of my tank tops and I hate wearing t shirts outside when its hot while i'm working out. so I'm actually pretty excited. Also.. I only had to buy a large. :bigsmile:

Awesome job on the workout Shuntae!!!! I know how you feel. My BF was on the phone for like an hour and a half last night with his mom while I ws waiting for us to watch a movie. Annoying. :noway:

We're close to locking up the thread again! Way to go team!!!
  • Vanessa414
    Options

Wow! That's great!!!!! I bet you feel awesome! yay!!! :drinker: :drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    We just did the coolest thing. We were on our way to Target to get a couple things for my new bike riding endeavor and we passed by this park where they were having a "vehicle" show. All kinda of police cars and fire trucks and buses and stuff. Owen loved it! He got to sit in the driver seat of most of the vehicles and then he wouldn't leave and we caused a bit of a scene. (past his nap time).

But yeah. So I got a nice squishy bike seat, an odometer for the bike and a water bottle holder thing. Oh and a sports bra. I finally broke down and bought one. My bewbs tend to peak out of the top of most of my tank tops and I hate wearing t shirts outside when its hot while i'm working out. so I'm actually pretty excited. Also.. I only had to buy a large. :bigsmile:

Awesome job on the workout Shuntae!!!! I know how you feel. My BF was on the phone for like an hour and a half last night with his mom while I ws waiting for us to watch a movie. Annoying. :noway:

We're close to locking up the thread again! Way to go team!!!

that must have been so much fun for Owen! My kids always loved the car shows! and sirens!