Any Working Moms?

Options

Replies

• j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I am 31 working mom. I have a 6 year old girl and three month old boy. I took my daughter to school today and there wasn't school today. Yeah I am that kind of Mom. I don't know which way to go most days.

My meals are quick, if they take more than an 45 minutes from start to finish then then they better be in a crock pot. I only meat on sale and the rest of my food comes from Aldi's. I try to go on walks at nights and I take a Zumba class at the crack butt of dawn on Saturday's when the rest of the family is sleeping so I don't interfere with anyone elses schedule. I have debated waking up early to workout but just can't get motivated to do so. Anyone want to motivate me?

I would love new Mommy friends.
  • WritingMyLife
    WritingMyLife Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm a mom to an (almost) two year old and work full time. Hour commute each way so I know what you mean about preparing healthy food. I can definitely say do NOT try the Birdseye Voila meals unless you like salt A LOT. Just tried one for the first time tonight and can barely eat it.

My slow cooker is my best asset in cooking. I bought one with a timer so I can set it and it will switch to keep warm when done cooking. I also like to cook big meals on the weekend and we eat leftovers during the week

Feel free to add me.
  • HIITTheChallenge
    HIITTheChallenge Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I work from home... anyone feel free to add me!
  • stacyann1979
    Options
    I am a full time mother of 2 girls (14 and 4). I barely have time to shower. Please feel free to add me! I'd love to get others inputs and ideas on how they can manage to fit any time for themselves into their day:bigsmile:
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Do you have a crock pot? Make a big soup or stew, enough for 1 or 2 meals.
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'm so wornout after work, we just have a sandwich for dinner. Big fat healthy sandwich with chicken or lean beef.
  • LReneeWalker
    LReneeWalker Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I am a working mom also. I am 42. I have 2 teenage daughters still at home and 2 adult daughters (one at home) who dont realize they are adults lol. I also have 2 grandkids that I watch when I am off work. I am a 911 dispatcher. I work 12 hour shifts. Right now I work 7 pm -7 am. In May that will switch to the opposite for 3 mths... so on and so forth. I must admit that my hubby and kids are big helps around the house! Not very supportive of the healthy lifestyle though. Coworkers arent helpful either. Friends on here will be great support! Please, anyone, feel free to add me!
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I work full time, have a 3 yr old, 2 yr old, and9 yr old stepson. Gymnastics, dance, baseball, guitar ...we do it all. I workout on my lunch break only.
  • revadiana
    revadiana Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm a single mom with 2 kids. I work full time, volunteer, work out and go to different fitness classes. Plus try to find time to hang with friends and family. It's a hard juggling act sometimes, but worth it.

Feel free to add me if you like
  • anna_love
    anna_love Posts: 177
    Options
    I HAVE 3 AND WORK PART TIME AT Kmart !!
  • tharrington82
    tharrington82 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I'm a mother of 2 young boys and work full time. I have lost 50lbs in 15 months. I have found many ways to prepare quick meals and managed to find workout time. Add me if you like :)
  • runsoborun
    runsoborun Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hello! Feel free to add me. I also work full time.. My daughter will be 3
    . I'd love to get support too. Talk with you soon! Lisa
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Work FT and mom of 2 (2 and 3.5)
  • K1mmer
    K1mmer Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Full time working mom of 2 delightful girls, 10 and 7. Have only been at this a month and am having similar issues. The next step for me is 545am workouts. Add me if you like!
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am almost 50, mum to 2 teenage boys and a 22 year old girl. I work full time as a teacher and part time as a waitress/barmaid at weekends/some evenings.
    I don't get much time to work out, although being busy helps me not to eat too often.
    Always glad of support and good ideas.
    Please add me if you still need friends.
  • itssea
    itssea Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me. I have 2 jobs (1 full time and one part time) and have 2 girls.
  • brelse24
    brelse24 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a mom of 2 boys (5 and 3) and I work full time. My job is about 40 minutes away from my home so there is NO time in the day for me to get a work out in- between work and the boys, Im beat! Thats why I have struggled with my weight. I need to be more active! Im also very picky with foods- so its tough to diet. If you find any good recipes that are easy, please pass them along!
  • chaniray
    chaniray Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    working mom of two. anyone feel free to add.
  • lgaytan23
    Options
    Hi I am a mommy of two boys 6 mo and 4 yrs. I am trying to lose the weight and reach my weight loss goals before my baby turns one. I work full time as a teacher...and find it hard to stay focused with all the stress of state testing. Any people that want to add me as a friend is welcome to do so...i need all the motivation I can get.
  • jhop4
    jhop4 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi I also work full time and have 2 sons to look after as well. maybe we could support each other