Any Working Moms?

Options

Replies

• 5280lady
    5280lady Posts: 1
    Options
    I am a mom of 3 (13, 10, 9) and work full time! Feel free to add me :)
  • cmb67
    cmb67 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My daughter is almost 10 and I'm trying to set a good example of healthy eating and exercise while NOT giving her any body image issues! She is often my inspiration, as she was born blessed with a sense of when she's had enough. I am so tired when I come home from work, it's hard to even think of cooking. I've found one way to get better nutrition in is to cut up peppers (red, yellow, orange) and keep them in the fridge, along with fruit and baby carrots. We find ourselves grabbing them. I also don't feel guilty about making a Lean Cusine a dinner if the rest of the day has been healthy.
  • teenytinii
    teenytinii Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    full time working mom of a nine year old here - its hard but totally can be done :) anyone feel free to add me :)
  • tnshahud
    tnshahud Posts: 163
    Options
    Hey!!! I'm 30 with two boys, 13 and 8 both very active in sports. I work 60+ hours a week, even work through my lunch break! There is no me time!!! Will accept any friends request, because I know I can't do this on my own!
  • MelsFitLife
    MelsFitLife Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me...full time job..full time wife...and full time mom ! Life is a mess and I like it spotless, so Im always on the go and I love every minute of it ! :)
  • DRBuchholz
    DRBuchholz Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Working mom here too. I'm a teacher and have 3 kids, all girls, ages 2, 3 and 11. I'm dealing with a lot of the problems you are. Plus I feel so guilty when I feed my kids chicken nuggets and corn dogs! I want to eat healthy and teach them to do the same but I'm sooooo tired! I also have few friends in this same place of life and would love to have someone or someones to talk to!
    Debbie
  • danessa1
    danessa1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Full time working mom of 2 girls 2 1/2 & 1.
  • FHerndon01
    Options
    Also a working mom! I have a 5 year old and am currently TTC #2! :)
  • daisy51981
    daisy51981 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm a 30yr old working single mom of 2 girls (5 & 9). Friend request sent. :-)
  • Shyster2005
    Shyster2005 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Mom of 2 and work full time here. Anyone--feel free to add me! Meals have always been an issue for me too. One resource I have recently started using is called Once A Month Mom--it's detailed instructions on cooking a bunch of meals to put in your freezer on one dedicated cooking day. There are a bunch of different plans, including a "healthy" plan and a "whole foods" plan. Totally free. Check it out: www.onceamonthmom.com.
  • cecimaguina
    cecimaguina Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm also a full timer (about 45hrs a week) and proud mom of a 5yo and 2yo daughters. I just joined the site so I'm still navigating to feel comfortable with it. It seems awesome! I have a LOT of weight to lose and recently was convinced by a friend who during the past 2 years lost 95lbs! that running was the best way to do it. Well, I'm trying that too. It kills me when I finish for the day with my daughters at around 10PM to jump in the treadmill....uggg!! it really takes a lot of getting use to and sacrifice to get used to this....
    We can do it!!
  • Iceylyons
    Iceylyons Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I don't work full-time but I have a few different jobs. I have 5 kids, my 3 and 2 step-kids. It's so hard finding time to go to the bathroom by myself, much less working out! Anyone can add me, just started back here two weeks ago =)
  • FrecklesMo
    FrecklesMo Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi, I completely understand. I am a single mother of 2 ages 4 and 6,...I work full time, have to rush home,..make dinner,..help with homework for my oldest...spend quality time w the kids, then bedtime/ bathtime.................and then "ME TIME",...that is, if im not too tired!! .....And that consist of either just relaxing , working out, spending time with my boyfriend,....not a lot of time to squeeze much of anything else :(
  • Iceylyons
    Iceylyons Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I know I shouldn't but being so busy with work and life, I find that I feel guilty going to the gym. I am normally there about 2.5 hours and the Mommy part of me feels like I should be spending more time with the kids. The woman in me knows I need to do this for myself and for my kids. It's tough trying to manage it all.
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I work and have a toddler and a husband who works LONG crazy hours. He doesn't like my healthy food. The toddler doesn't seem to like food. I cook 3 meals most nights. My favorite thing for me is to take mixed veggies pop them in a fry pan with 0 calorie no stick spray, fajita seasoning, and then a serving of deli meat and cut that up and put the whole thing over brown rice. Sometimes I flavor with a little bit of apple cider vinegar too!!!! On really busy days I put an entire chicken in the crock pot and then it is ready to be prepared in many different ways to suit everyone's taste.
  • tisha220
    tisha220 Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi! I am 36 years old and a working mom. I have four kids and work 40+ hours a week. Please feel free to add me.
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    As far as I'm concerned all Mom's are working, just sayin' :happy:

Mike

I think I love you!
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    As far as I'm concerned all Mom's are working, just sayin' :happy:

Mike

I think I love you!

Ditto <3
  • cncallan
    cncallan Posts: 4
    Options
    I am 36. I work full time and have a daughter that is 12 and a son that is 2 1/2. They keep me on the go. We recently moved and it has been hard staying on track. I have a husband who doesn't like it when I cook 'healthy' so I usually make my own meal separately. I have started using 30 minutes of my lunch hour to walk to get in some exercise, otherwise it is up at 445 to get any workout done. Any friends welcome!
  • jessica1901
    jessica1901 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just "re-joined" MFP after gaining back all of the weight I lost last year. I could also use some friends and working moms would be great since I'm also a working mom. I have two boys who are almost 6 and 9 and work 40+ hours per week. I would love to share tips on meal planning, exercise and how to overcome mommy exhaustion. Friends are welcome!