Any Working Moms?

Options

Replies

• Heydailey
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm a working mom and have 3 children (15, 13 & 2). Baby #3 took my weight over the edge and right now my self esteem is at an all time low and I need to stay motivated and encouraged. Add me as a friend!
  • zujkowski
    zujkowski Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello I am a mom of two beautiful girls and I work full-time. On top of that we are always on the go with sports and other school activites so I know where you are coming from. The most important thing to remember is that you have to be healthy in order to raise healthy kids!!
  • Candaroo
    Candaroo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm a full time working mom of an almost 9 month old. None of my friends IRL have kids, so it is hard for them to relate to the struggle. Even my husband gets in the way (cause he still gets to do all the stuff he did before we had kids, but going to the gym gets put by the wayside cause I have to take care of the baby while he's off doing his stuff). I definitely could use the support to keep myself going because I NEED to get this weight off. The struggle to get it all done in a day can be so overwhelming (working, then the commute, feeding the baby, feeding the husband, getting the baby in bed) Where's the time for me? LOL or else I'd cry.....
  • JamminJeanette
    JamminJeanette Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a working mom. I have two girls ages 6 and 9 and I work as a credit union teller 40 hours a week. They play soccer,piano and I do live theatre and still find time to workout although I have no clue how I fit it in!

Feel free to add me!
    -Jeanette
  • ShannonLip
    Options
    I agree to some posts below that all moms are "working" so I'll clarify and say I work outside the home. I own my own small business with my brother, have two boys, 3 and 5, and my husband does alot of cooking (although not as healthy as I would prefer) when he's home. He works swing shifts. I struggle to squeeze in my workouts and stay consistent. I don't necessarily need to lose any weight but I would like to lose a few pounds but really I want to get back in shape...tone my muscles, get my flexibility back and increase my aerobic ability. I'm not a morning person so getting up early to workout is really not something I've been able to do. I'd love to add some friends who can help keep my motivated! Thanks!
  • steffihoney
    steffihoney Posts: 392
    Options
    Hi!!! I am 36 and a full time working mom of just one, but he is a busy just one. lol I also have a hubby, a house, and 3 dogs. So, you know I can sympathise. I am on and off the wagon, but I am dedicated and love this site!!!
    I sent you a friend request!!
  • andreaholloman
    andreaholloman Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am a working momma too! Would love to connect with you. . . Will send a friend request!

Andrea in NC
  • FammaMel
    FammaMel Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Healthy. Quick. Meals. Ugh, so difficult to find. Welcome. I'm a single Mom of 3, working two jobs to maintain life. Sort of. Lol. I get up at a godly 4:30 a.m. to go to the gym at 5:30 when it firsts opens because the kids are still asleep. Then I rush home to wake the 14 yo, feed him, and get him to school, wake the 9 yo and do the same thing while rushing to get myself ready and off to work.

I used to be able to go to the gym in the evening but we just began softball and baseball season full swing (no pun intended). It turns out that's 7 (yup, seven) days/nights a week. I am beside myself on what I am going to do about dinners.

Always looking for new friends on here with similar situations! :)
  • vickystrand1
    vickystrand1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm a full-time working mother of two (6 1/2 girl and 3 yr old boy) and a wife! I make it a point to have "family" meal time.

Feel free to friend me! We can ALL do this together!
  • missykm7
    missykm7 Posts: 42
    Options
    I'm 36 with a full time job and 2 kids as well. AND I live in IL also. :) Friend me!
  • oddree80
    oddree80 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Working mom of 2. I sent you a friend request! :flowerforyou:
  • kcmomof2
    kcmomof2 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I am a 37 yr. old working fulltime outside of the home mom to 2 preschoolers (5 yr. old daughter and 3.5 yr. old son). Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • SaketoKim
    SaketoKim Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    EVERYONE feel free to add! Working moms rock!!!!:happy:
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I work full time and have a very active 5 year old. Balancing work, the gym, my son's t-ball games/practice, and just having a life can be really challenging, but we make it work. My boyfriend's job has him working generally 10 hour days, so it's pretty much up to me to get my kiddo to and from school, to t-ball, etc. I prep meals ahead of time so that all I have to do is pop something in the microwave when we get home. Those steamfresh frozen veggies are a total lifesaver as well! I make sure I've got my gym bag and food for the next day ready to go at night so I can grab my stuff and go in the morning.

After work I usually make sure I've got a granola bar or banana handy for my little one, so he's got a snack before we go to t-ball or to the gym. Being able to take him to the gym with me helps SO much. We don't get home and eat dinner typically until 8 or 8:30, which isn't perfect, but it works. He's bathed and in bed by 10. I'd love to have dinner on the table at 7 and have him in bed by 9, but our schedule works for us. Batch cooking and having things easily microwaveable makes dinner time so much easier, and I can ensure we're all getting a good healthy meal that takes maybe 10 minutes to heat up.
  • nikkijoshua
    nikkijoshua Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm a working mom. I work full-time, single mother of 3, and I workout 6 days/week. Feel free to friend me.
  • techteachergirl
    techteachergirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    The crockpot and blenders are my best friend! ;) Good luck and feel free to add me!
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Two words - Crock Pot.

Anything in the crock pot is good.

And frozen veggies or canned veggies that you just pop in the microwave.
  • leap314
    leap314 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm a divorced mom of three daughters ages 10, 8, and 4. I work full time as a school nurse! :)
  • mommy1126
    mommy1126 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I work full time and am the Mommy of a twelve year old & one year old. Both boys! Both active! And I completely get what you mean about a lack of time & energy!
  • isaacs06
    isaacs06 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Full time working mom of a 2.5 year old and 8month old. Also have to travel some for work...feel free to add me!