How much are you deadlifting?

Options

Replies

• cutie2b
    cutie2b Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Female - 5'6.75 Morbidly Obese - DL 165lbs - I started 2 years ago at 30lbs - I had to use dumbbells because the bar was 45lbs and I couldn't do it. It was too heavy. It took time, but I've built up over time, and worked on form. It took a lot of time for me because I was so deconditioned and fat and because I have a thyroid issue that's not well managed right now. I did the stronglifts 5x5 program but made it 3 sets instead of 5 sets, because I didn't have the endurance. Just keep going and you'll get better. Just add a bit of weight every few weeks. One day, you'll be DL 200 and you'll be amazed at where you came from. :) I now lift a 45lb bar and think it's like lifting a pillow - easy and light. I couldn't lift 40lbs when I started.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    425-450 is my max.

Most of my working sets (3-5 reps) are in the 325-380 range.
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend trying to make a big jump in weight. Even if your form is good, you can hurt yourself that way. Just add 5-10 pounds a week until you figure out what weight challenges you.
  • Ambrogio1
    Ambrogio1 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Ladies

I highly suggest stiff leg deadlifts. They are good for woman and get get you use to a something very similiar to a deadlift.
    Start with stiff legs and then cross over to traditional deadlift. IMO

Man or woman I'd start them with rack pulls instead of sldls.

Not a bad option, but most woman won't go near the rack or be tempted to due toe the complexity.
    You can always grab a bar in sit in the corner and do sldl

Or course as you can see most woman on this htread are bull as hell and probably push around some of the bros in there gyms
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Female 5'4" 143 pounds deadlift 145 - 165 8-10 reps X 3
  • Kristierlong
    Kristierlong Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    5'8/F/138lbs

My 1RM was 185 last time I tried. I'm up to about 135 doing the StrongLifts routine though.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    5' 3", 168lbs here.

I just started StrongLifts 5x5, and the max I've done so far is 75lbs (5 reps). I'll get there!!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    female 5'5 205 lbs - my current deadlift (3 sets of 10) is 140#, i feel like my back and hamstrings can go much heavier but my grip gives out :sad:

hopefully my grip and forearms will catch up soon
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Nowhere near as much as I'd like!!

Female, 5'8, 145lbs and last gym session went up to 70kg (154lbs) and my 1RM is probably around 80kg (176lbs) at the moment, with good form.
    I have done 100kg (220lbs) before at 150lb bodyweight in early January but my form wasn't great so had to drop it down and sort it out for quite a while. I want to get back there!
  • Iluvchopsticks
    Iluvchopsticks Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    female 5'5 205 lbs - my current deadlift (3 sets of 10) is 140#, i feel like my back and hamstrings can go much heavier but my grip gives out :sad:

Have you tried a mixed grip? I can't lift more than 130 or so without it.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I have not done heavy DL for a while (gym doesn't have adequate equipment). That being said I use to DL 285x4 a few years back, my working sets were 265x6, when I weighed 140-145lbs.

Your gym doesn't have free weights? Barbells?

Oh and......m/6'0"/260/405 - I can do a bit more with wraps but working on strengthening grip because it gives out before my back.

It is a free gym at work and only has dumbbells go up to 60lbs (120 total) and a Smith machine, no squat rack or barbell. I did recently buy a squat rack for home use and am just waiting to get my weights back from my brother, and will start them up again.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    female 5'7 123 lbs dl 190 lbs 1rm
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" (4 on a good day), 132.5 pounds and the last time I deadlifted I lifted 2 sets 8 reps at 140 pounds (wide grip), and the last time I dumbbell single-leg romanian dead lifted was 4 sets 4 reps at 80 pounds It's been a few weeks, so I'm excited to see what I'm lifting next time.
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    female 5'7 123 lbs dl 190 lbs 1rm

Nice! Must get some great looks in the gym when you do that.
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Female, 27, 5'3", 145lbs

Max out 185lbs

Going for over 200
  • OvOv
    OvOv Posts: 50
    Options
    Male 5ft 5 152lbs (69kg)

1RM DL: 342lbs (155kg)
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    female, 5'4", 113 lbs, last night I deadlifting 105 lbs. 1x5
  • paleojamie
    paleojamie Posts: 191
    Options
    I am a male - 5'10 - Currently weight 140lbs and deadlift 120lbs.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Male, 35, 6', 339lbs

maxed out at 405

don't do it that often because of an old shoulder injury.
    when I do it I rep at 225
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

Have you tried a mixed grip? I can't lift more than 130 or so without it.
    yeah that helps a bit.

it's the difference between doing 1 rep and having to reset my grip (regular grip) and doing 3 then having to reset. i know i know.. i'm being picky, but i want to be able to bump the weight on the ground and go to the next rep. having to reset so much just lengthens my workout, which means there's more time i have to wait to have my delicious post lift meal :laugh: those xtra seconds add up!

i also need to try a hook grip. the last time i tried i didnt get the hang of it and bar still rolled

oh and my gym doesnt allow chalk