Mega Millions...What would you do with the money??

Options

Replies

• MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I would hire a lawyer, a financial adviser, set up a blind trust to claim the funds so my name stays out of the media, invest, and continue to work. I wouldn't go crazy. I don't need a 20 bedroom house with 50 cars.

I'd actually probably purchase a 4 or 5 bedroom house, buy a 2013 Ford Fusion, put money away for my daughters college and then take a long vacation to Ireland.
  • kcarreno
    kcarreno Posts: 48
    Options
    I love these answers :). I would buy our dream house-a 3 bedroom farmhouse on lots of acreage near the Smokies in Tennessee. I would also buy a small vacation house in California, since that is where my hubby is from. I would pay off all student loans, buy houses for the rest of my family , and put the rest away for my kids. We honestly would live very simply. Our dream is to own a farm and live off our own organically grown food! Ahhhh, if only....
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    My list is short. I'm pretty low-maintenance.

I would first give quite a bit of it to certain family members and friends, then buy my dream house and travel..And use all my new free time to finally sit down and really work on the novels I've been trying to write all these years.

Oh, and I would give a bunch to some animal rescue organizations and live off the interest of whatever was left over.
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Pay off current bills, help out friends and family and then buy some acreage to start an animal shelter.
  • Lifting_chick
    Lifting_chick Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I would travel, after paying off all my closest friends and families bills......
  • twynzmom
    twynzmom Posts: 172
    Options
    after getting my family set up, I would create a site for people needing to travel to a relative's bedside or funeral could get the funds. almost everytime someone dies, the rest of the family doesn't have the necessary money to get to the funeral. I would also create some scholarships for aspiring teachers, nurses, doctors and creative writers
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    I'd call in sick on Monday.

From Tahiti.
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I'm already stacking riches and mackin *****es so I'd give it all away!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I'd donate a lot of it.

Then I'd probably buy my parents a new house, buy myself a house, and get an eco friendly car because I'm lazy and hate gassing up. Oh yes, and I'd take a really nice trip to Japan.

I don't really want a lot of stuff...
  • sprfly
    sprfly Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I would pay you all to post more cleavage pics. I love the women of MFP!!!
  • steffihoney
    steffihoney Posts: 392
    Options
    $640 MILLION!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are up to 6 tickets...live in Jersey. We keep buying a couple and then buying more!! lol

We already have most of the money spent. First of all...I am quitting and so is the hubby. Paying off my house and buying a farm w/a very large house with a porch that wraps around. Renting out my house and fixing it up. Buying my grandmother's house and she will live there. Giving some people a nice chunk of change. Hiring people to cook and clean and all the other things I don't want to do when I am rich!!!!!! lmao!!! Going to Disney World for a while. And going to party it up in Vegas for a bit too!!!!! lol A whole new wardrobe, shoe shopping...

What wouldn't I do if I won?!?!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I would set up my sister and her family in a nice house. I would make sure that all of her kids had college money. I would set aside college money for my kids too. And, I would probably give them a couple milliion cash to have, pay off bills, live for a while, and I would lecture them on money management. After that, it would be up to them. Based on their standard of living, they could live for the rest of their lives on a couple million. But, my bet is they'd be broke in a year or two.

Then, I'd go to my ex, and make a deal so that I only pay her once a year or something, not monthly.

Then, I'd buy a nice house, but nothing crazy. I'm too old for that **** anymore. I just want something nice to live in, but nothing too big or fancy. However, in my house, I would want a music studio, and a gym. And, I'd have a huge party/game room with a large bar, and several great beers on tap. Preferrably, I'd want a pool in the back.

I'd buy a nice sports car, an SUV, a Harley-Davidson, and a boat.

After I did all that stuff, I would start focusing on putting together a band, writing songs, and that would be my thing for the rest of my life. And, that would pretty much be it. I would travel once or twice a year and just relax for like a month or so.

I haven't put too much thought into this though, so... ;)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I would pay you all to post more cleavage pics. I love the women of MFP!!!

For the right price, I'll just send you a topless shot. ;-) (That right price means I would be able to retire, though.)
  • plzlbsbegone
    Options
    I bought a ticket for the first time too. I know I would buy/ build a houe. Turn a huge room into huge home gym. Quit my job, volunteer at an Art center/Gallery teaching classes, and make my new full time job to get into kick-@ss shape!
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I would get insurance for my mother so she could go to the doctor (she hasn't had insurance in 2 years and has a LOT that needs taking care of) then I would buy my mom a house and a new car, and a chauffeur to drive it for her. I'd pay off my Aunt and Uncle's mortgage, pay for a friend's way through college so he can finally stop living with his sister and working crappy jobs, donate chunks to animal shelters, donate to a couple other charities, and lastly buy myself a house or a nice apartment and my boyfriend and I could retire early and do what we love. (I love to draw, he loves to write)
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    :noway: i would finally get rid of my ancient tv with the integral VCR player!! (<== i admit i kind of keep it for humor value).

1/3 splurge (includes design and build my house and metal/woodshop, running coach, travel, a flat tv :laugh:)
    1/3 philanthropy
    1/3 savings/investment (could help out friends and family w/ this)
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Pay of my debts, family debts, buy a ranch and some cattle, set up my bakery, put some away, and rebuild like a mad lady in Haiti.
  • kap89
    kap89 Posts: 15
    Options
    I would do something like this as well! WOO!
  • sexyrosey
    sexyrosey Posts: 137
    Options
    Oh hell buy a nice house with a gym, pay off my mom and dads house, set my kid up for school all the way. My list....hehehehe boob job, tummy tuck, lots of lipo all around and take my skinny *kitten* to Hawaii :wink:
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    1. Buy a house
    2. Buy my parents a house in Myrtle Beach on the beach
    3. Buy my future in-laws a house (with a great kitchen, that's what mom wants)
    4. Quit my job and be a "professional" photographer
    5. Travel
    6. Pay off all my debt
    7. Get my boyfriend a big stupid truck :)