Heels

Options

Replies

• mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Yes and No, I'm sure some people get used to it but I suck. I can come close to looking normal wearing wedges or platform style shoes but I still haven't felt confident enough to venture out and I'm 30.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Love heels..I wear them everyday. Shoedazzle.com is where I buy most of mine but if I walk by a store and get reeled in by a pretty pair what am I to do?

I think I have always worn heels and don't remember learning to walk in them but get a kick out of watching my friend who never wears them trip all over the place when she tries. :laugh:

Do you find they're of decent quality? I've thought about getting a pair or two but I wasn't sure about them.

I have a few pairs from Shoedazzle and I find that the wedges and anything with a thicker heel is comfortable and has been pretty good, but every single pair that I have that has a skinny heel is really flimsy. The heel wobbles and I almost instantly roll my ankles when I walk in them...and I'm a professional heel wearer lol
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Love heels. I'm 5'11 & enjoy rocking a nice pair of 5" platform stilettos frequently. I never used to wear them, but when I lost all my weight I gave them a whirl & have been obsessed ever since. DSW & Charlotte Russe are my favorite places to buy. Mostly because they're inexpensive, but also because they carry size 11. I wish more places carried hott heels in a size 11, damnit!!
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Love heels..I wear them everyday. Shoedazzle.com is where I buy most of mine but if I walk by a store and get reeled in by a pretty pair what am I to do?

I think I have always worn heels and don't remember learning to walk in them but get a kick out of watching my friend who never wears them trip all over the place when she tries. :laugh:

Do you find they're of decent quality? I've thought about getting a pair or two but I wasn't sure about them.

I have a few pairs from Shoedazzle and I find that the wedges and anything with a thicker heel is comfortable and has been pretty good, but every single pair that I have that has a skinny heel is really flimsy. The heel wobbles and I almost instantly roll my ankles when I walk in them...and I'm a professional heel wearer lol

Glad I asked. That's exactly what I was worried about.
  • TheReese1206
    Options
    Thank you Ladies :)
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I can't wear heels. They don't like me. I wasted my money on them. I trip inside the house and outside. They hurt after awhile and I end up putting band-aid's on. My sister and my female cousin's can but not me.

WITH YA, girl.

They are not comfortable, they are bad for your feet, and WHY? Our feet were not designed to be on stilts! I can wear an inch, MAYBE two for an hour or so........but those spiky stillettos and sky-high steppers are just not for me.
  • celesteflenory
    celesteflenory Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It DOES take practice! I have to remember to take smaller steps... not my normal galloping ones. Sometimes I sigh as I'm walking cause it feels like it takes forever to get anywhere!
    I have to agree with you on this. I will definitely admit that is was much easier to walk in heels when I was smaller (i was never thin, always been kind of overweight, but this is the heaviest I've ever been). I think it is just the pressure on the balls of my feet and toes. It does take practice, especially if you haven't always worn them, or have taken a sabbatical from wearing them. I am not so sure about going with shorter heels, (I trip in lower heels, but am ok in taller ones) but definitely go with thicker heels. I do enjoy a good wedge. And they are designing them now so that they do not look so clunky. I have to agree with this poster, you are gonna have to take smaller steps if you are not used to wearing them... I tend to wear flats when I know I have a lot of walking to do, because it does feel like I am taking forever to get anywhere in heels. On the other hand, I have a friend who can run in them. *shrugs* depends on the strength of your feet, I guess.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Silly womenz!!

Heels aren't for walking!!! :wink:
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    modelankle94129.gif
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    ^can't stop watching...lol!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

Had to edit...there's a longer version of that same clip, LOL! :bigsmile:
  • MeghannArcher
    Options
    I used to wear them all the time when I was going out! Love them!!! Have way to many pairs. I have them ranging from 4 to 6" . They do take getting use to. But I have such high arches they r actually more comfy than flip flops to me :)
  • stephstar15
    stephstar15 Posts: 125
    Options
    I own a shoe store and have to teach people to walk in heels often.
    Tips to remember:
    *Proper fit, shoes that pinch you right away will only get pincher when you wear them out. Do not buy them if they hurt right away, even if the store clerk says "they will stretch". Why do you want to go through that?
    *Wedges are easier to walk in, you may want to start with a wedge.
    *The higher the shoe is does not make it sexier....if you look like a dork walking in your shoe, you do not look sexy.
    *do not change the way you walk, still heel strike, but what you do want to change is the length of your stride. Take smaller steps, DO NOT be in a hurry, and swing those hips BABY! The more you "absorb" your step with your hips the easier.

Hope that helps!

(I forgot to hit the post button so this is a bout 5 hours late:))
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    How in the hell did she not break both of her ankles is what I'm wondering.
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I stick Dr. Scholls in mine ;)
  • HellooKittyy2012
    Options
    Thats all i wear now i used to wear flats but if your starting out use wedges they are so comfy i go shopping in them for hours and my feet dont hurt but at first my feet KILLED me now ist like nothing
  • sbrBirdy
    sbrBirdy Posts: 224 Member
    Options

Had to edit...there's a longer version of that same clip, LOL! :bigsmile:

That's just.... absolutely.... beautiful. Thanks Laura.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I can't wear them because I have bunions ::sadface::
  • Tonya050511
    Options
    Funny...I was hoping as I lost weight it would be easier to wear heels...I love them but just cant get the hang of it. Maybe I should just start slow and bite the bullet now...guess I cant blame everything on my weight :)
  • AmberFaith90
    AmberFaith90 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Nope, I won't purposely put my feet through that level of pain. I wore flats to my prom. Probably will to my wedding, too.