Options

Replies

• Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Hi Jill! Yea you can def join in! :happy:
  • spunkiemunkie503
    Options
    Sounds great, we are officially starting Friday and will check in every Friday morning. I just want to put out there that if anyone needs any extra encouragement feel free to mssg me anytime though. I may need to do the same:smooched:
  • spunkiemunkie503
    Options
    We should all add each other to our friends list, I think it will make it easier to keep up with each other
  • csnealey
    csnealey Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. I already walk about 3 days a week for 30-60 minutes.
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Hello Csnealey! Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

If you'd like a little info on fitness walking, here is a link to a Mayo Clinic article on the subject:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/walking/HQ01612
  • spunkiemunkie503
    Options
    Sounds great! The more the merrier and the more accountable we have to be!
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Thanks for sharing :happy:
  • cpafford79
    cpafford79 Posts: 88
    Options
    I would love to join in if that's okay! I am new to this site, so it may take me a while to figure out how to add friends, give updates, etc. Let me make sure I have it straight...we are starting on Friday 5/29, walking 3 days a week for xx minutes and we will be checking in on Fridays? Correct?
  • spunkiemunkie503
    Options
    You've got it....and if any extra motivation is needed we can always look to each other for the support and strength we need. Welcome:happy:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    welcome cpafford79 :flowerforyou: Good luck!
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    OHHH I love this idea. I walk everyday. I walk 4-5 miles a day. I'm injured right now but I think I can start on Friday. Will we check in this Friday with a starting weight or a week from this friday with what we've walked and what we've lost? I weigh in on Sundays. I'll post my walks on Friday and my weight lost on Sunday if that's ok. Heck ya all might not even want me in this challange. It is a great idea though. Cindy :heart:
  • stratdl
    Options
    Of COURSE we want you! The more the merrier! Let's get a "herd" (in a good way, of course) or a "gaggle" of walkers going!

I think that we'll be posting mostly our times and dates for walking. The weight post is the icing on the cake, so to speak. At least, that's my opinion, anyway! :ohwell:

Welcome to the Walking Challenge, Cindy Sunshine!

Cheers, :drinker:
    Deborah
  • spunkiemunkie503
    Options
    A herd of us huh....Hey whatever works to get our goals accomplished. Just an FYI if anyone is interested....Target has pedometers for $5.00, easy way to keep track of our steps
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Hey Cindy :smile: Glad to see you're joining in :happy: Good luck!
  • nurse7641
    nurse7641 Posts: 23
    Options
    I would like to join in the walk challenge. i can't seem to do well with changing my eating habits...so maybe more exercise is the key for me....I have given up soft drinks and only drink water now.
  • faithsforevermom
    Options
    I would love to join! I joined the site today so maybe if I start walking and watch what I'm eating I will see success. On a side note...cpafford79 is my baby sister...so we can make this a "friendly" sisterly challange. :bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Spunkymunky I am proud of you for making this challenge-encouragment for beginners. You may look around and see people running 5ks and doing P90x, but even THEY started with one step at a time.

Before you know it you will be walking miles and miles!!

WOOT!! :flowerforyou:

:heart: Jeannie
  • elle77
    elle77 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi all!:flowerforyou: I was looking for some sort of walking group.....so I'd love to join in!! :smile: I try to get in a 40 min walk everyday, and this would be the perfect way to stay inspired :wink: Walking seems to be the only exercise that I can do faithfully, w/o getting board. I love to get outside & take off...no kids, animals, chores, hubby,etc!LOL

Ok, so friday is start day, huh!? I will make sure to go on a walk then!hehe :happy:
  • stratdl
    Options
    Welcome nurse7641, faithsforevermom, & elle77! I'm happy that we're getting such a group together!

Cheers to us! :drinker:
    Deborah