Beginners Walking Challenge

Options

Replies

• Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Hello walkers :smile: Ok , I walked 6 miles today in 86 minutes. :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: I hope everyone had a great day ! Cindy :heart:
  • elle77
    elle77 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Haha :laugh: you read my "venting" post. oh man, I was SOOO angry!!!

I am def feeling A LOT better now. Thanks :smile:

No I never went for that walk. I needed to lay down after running my butt off at work. I did however, take a bubble bath instead :happy: AND I didn't pig out on bad food! YAY :tongue:
    Yay! Good for you :wink: My sister is a server....turned manager...and I hear about all the headaches of the job, so I deff can sympathise!lol I think it's great that you grabbed something healthy to eat when you got a second!.....good girl,hehe :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • elle77
    Options
    Hello walkers :smile: Ok , I walked 6 miles today in 86 minutes. :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: I hope everyone had a great day ! Cindy :heart:
    WOW good job! That's a great accomplishment!! Woowhoo :happy:
  • onfleur
    onfleur Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Let us know what you have in mind. I have a bad, bad back and knees and walk some but am up for an obtainable challenge. Lets do it! :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • kristen5286
    kristen5286 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'd like to join!
  • elle77
    Options
    Hey! I'd like to join!

Hi!!! :flowerforyou: Get your walkin shoes ready,hehe :wink:
  • AlmostHot
    AlmostHot Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Would love to join in too, guess Im a couple of days behind, but still have enough time ti make it up! HeHe:wink:

Because Im from Australia I dont know pounds or miles so would Kilograms and kilometers be ok, or would you like me to convert them?:tongue:
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Welcome onfleur, Kristen5286, and MissMessy!

It's never too late to join this group! :flowerforyou:

The challenge is pretty simple--walk at least 3 times a week for at least 30 minutes a time (of course, if you have a hectic lifestyle, you can break your time up into sections of 10 minutes apiece so that you total 30 minutes for the day). We will report in the weekly totals every Friday morning and, as a bonus, if you'd like to also report any weight loss on Friday mornings, you can--be it in pounds, kilograms, or stones!!

If you have other personal walking challenges that you'd like to add and share, that's perfectly fine, too!

We are all happy that you're on board!!! :bigsmile:

Cheers! :drinker:
    Deborah
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Haha :laugh: you read my "venting" post. oh man, I was SOOO angry!!!

I am def feeling A LOT better now. Thanks :smile:

No I never went for that walk. I needed to lay down after running my butt off at work. I did however, take a bubble bath instead :happy: AND I didn't pig out on bad food! YAY :tongue:

Way to go!!! I'm very proud of you for not eating bad food! I bet that bubble bath felt really good!

:flowerforyou:
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Wow Cindy! That's awesome!!!! Nice job :happy:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    :smile: the bubble bath did me wonders! Now I know what to do after I get stressed out at work! Come home and jump straight into the bathtub lol :happy:

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday! :flowerforyou:
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Goodmorning girls! I hope Leslie Sansone's 4 Fast Miles counts for walking cause that's what I did this morning as it was raining outdoors, and actually got a much better workout than just walking my 2 mile trail. I also did 20 minutes of pilates for upper and lower body before hand.

So so far I'm at:
    Fri - 4 miles over 85 minutes
    Sat - 2 miles over 38 minutes
    Sun - 4 mile (video) 47 minutes
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Awesome job Arienna! :happy:

I've been looking for a good pilates video tape. What do you use?
  • Arienna
    Options
    I just got 10 minutes solution Slim and sculpt pilates with toning bands. Its nice b/c its broken up into 5 10 minute sections, upper body, lower body, pilates for abs, total body pilates and piilates for flexibility. So you can pick and choose what you wanna do. It was only $14.77 at wal-mart too. Here's a link so you can see the picture: http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/181-2436269-8342567?asin=B000S1MM84&afid=yahoosspplp_bmvd&lnm=B000S1MM84|10_Minute_Solution:_Slim_and_Sculpt_Pilates_:_DVD&ref=tgt_adv_XSNG1060

It's great, I really liked it and the bands help you keep your form, which makes it really nice.
  • emmie110
    emmie110 Posts: 176
    Options
    OK - I am jumping on board with you guys. I stopped walking a few months ago and want to get back to it. Walking is the best exercise for me - I don't get bored and it's easy. Many years ago, I lost 50 pounds doing WW and walking 4 miles a day. It was so easy to get my endurance up really fast. So, I'll start walking again this evening.
  • Arienna
    Options
    Welcome Emmie! Hope you have a great Sunday! :flowerforyou:
  • Arienna
    Options
    So this morning I did my Leslie Sansone's 4 miles fast video and I just did a 2 mile walk around the lake, so 6 miles for today! yay!

:bigsmile:
  • Tekamahmom
    Tekamahmom Posts: 15
    Options
    I'd love to join too..... But I think I might be a little late on the start date.... If I'm not to late and can still do it could someone let me know exactly what we're supposed to do and all.... If anyone wants to do any texting support for this I'd be more than willing to give you all my cell number..... You just have to let me know who you are so I can put you in my cell.... If it sounds good to anyone let me know and we all can go from there

Thanks,
    Brooke
  • elle77
    Options
    I'd love to join too..... But I think I might be a little late on the start date.... If I'm not to late and can still do it could someone let me know exactly what we're supposed to do and all.... If anyone wants to do any texting support for this I'd be more than willing to give you all my cell number..... You just have to let me know who you are so I can put you in my cell.... If it sounds good to anyone let me know and we all can go from there

Thanks,
    Brooke

Welcome :flowerforyou: Just get out there and walk!!! :happy:

I just did my walk for today...walked so fast I was drippin sweat! Yay for me!lol :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • emmie110
    emmie110 Posts: 176
    Options
    Not sure how far I walked tonight - I think it was 1.5 miles in 30 minutes. I wrenched my knee earlier so it was slow going - but I did do it. Hope it's better tomorrow.