HBO- Game of Thrones Season 2

Options

Replies

• Glasspack
    Glasspack Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Glad this is finally back.

Favorites are Tyrion, the Wolves, and Commander of the wall, hated to see Ned get killed

Hate Joffrey, Littlefinger and a host of others.

Last nights episode was a good one to get back into the story, guess I shoudl read the books.
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    I've been reading the books since 1997. I can't comment on my current loves/hates, because it has changed so much over the years and because it will probably change again. But as for my Season 2 love/hates in the show SO FAR (lol, cryptic much?) I would say I love Arya and Jon and hate Joff and Melisandre.
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    I've been reading the books since 1997. I can't comment on my current loves/hates, because it has changed so much over the years and because it will probably change again. But as for my Season 2 love/hates in the show SO FAR (lol, cryptic much?) I would say I love Arya and Jon and hate Joff and Melisandre.

i hate the role melisandre is doing.. but i love the actress.. very spot on.. very beautiful.. everything rhil'or would want..
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Opinions on the season opener?

Anyone else have to physically cover their eyes on the baby slaughter scene?

Yeah. That was rough to watch.

No HBO for me, so I couldn't watch it. So they showed it like a scene? WTF HBO?
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

It was a like a dramatic baby killing Rocky Montage.
  • DarthCeltic
    Options

it was like a wow i cant watch this.. but i wish that someone would come in and kill all of these *kitten* kind of moments.. but you never saw it happen.. just like wow.. i cant believe they alluded to that..
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    Jon Snow and Arya are my favs.

Have read all the books and am concerned that GRRM is not the fastest of writers and not the fittest of individuals. Anyone up for kidnapping GRRM, forcing him to write, exercise and join MFP?

I am a huge fan of Robert Jordan, who died before finishing his epic fantasy series...... Luckily he left lots of notes and someone else is finishing it off. Bloody hope GRRM is as well organised!

This. To both. I also read the Wheel of Time series and am TERRIFIED of GRRM not finishing ASOIAF. There should be a medical term for that because I need medication for it. I'm only slightly ashamed.
  • p0stdramatic
    Options

i hate the role melisandre is doing.. but i love the actress.. very spot on.. very beautiful.. everything rhil'or would want..

Oh I definitely meant I hate Melisandre. Not the actress who plays her.
  • doorki
    Options

it was like a wow i cant watch this.. but i wish that someone would come in and kill all of these *kitten* kind of moments.. but you never saw it happen.. just like wow.. i cant believe they alluded to that..

They did it to show the plunging morale of the people and the soldiers.
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    Also, they didn't actually show the baby being killed. It was only implied.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Options
    Ahhh. In reading the book, i knew it happened but I never felt 'witness' to the acts. Does that make sense?
  • DarthCeltic
    Options
    Ahhh. In reading the book, i knew it happened but I never felt 'witness' to the acts. Does that make sense?

yep.. its there though.. see you take for granted what you can see in an hour and read in an hour.. you can do 6 scenes that would be 12 chapters in an hour.. and read only 12 chapters in an hour.. less if you read slow..
  • Pebbles536
    Pebbles536 Posts: 199
    Options
    The weeks do not go by fast enough! It almost makes me wish it was the end of the season and I had recorded all the episodes so that I can watch them all at once instead of being tortured slowly.

I JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH!:embarassed:
  • Jennyisbusy
    Options

yep.. its there though.. see you take for granted what you can see in an hour and read in an hour.. you can do 6 scenes that would be 12 chapters in an hour.. and read only 12 chapters in an hour.. less if you read slow..

Actually I think while reading it my mind just accepted the baby deaths as a hideous fact but didn't draw up mental images of what it would look like standing in the room, but seeing it on the screen makes it unavoidable.

I forgot to say that my favs are Tyrion, Arya, and Bran.

I get bored reading about Cat and Robb. lol

Littlefinger boils my blood.
  • DarthCeltic
    Options

Actually I think while reading it my mind just accepted the baby deaths as a hideous fact but didn't draw up mental images of what it would look like standing in the room, but seeing it on the screen makes it unavoidable.

littlefinger used to.. but now not so much.. i think hes a pimp and the one who will win the game of thrones..
  • doorki
    Options

littlefinger used to.. but now not so much.. i think hes a pimp and the one who will win the game of thrones..

well, he is definitely a pimp lol ;)
  • DarthCeltic
    Options
    well, he is definitely a pimp lol ;)

yeah but i mean in his demeanor.. not his profession.. which ironically is the same.. so kind of funny..
  • Hailei
    Hailei Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi, Game of thrones fans! :P

I just love this show and after watching the first season, I bought the first books and every night I stay away sooooo late, way too late, because I just can't let them down.
    I've seen/heard so many good reviews of the show, but I was not convinced it was for me, because it seemed to mythological and too SF-ish . But after the very first episode I was so hooked. It's so much more then fantasy. The story is so full of dramas and actions and twists and all sorts of (jeez, I hate I'm not a native English speaker, it cuts so many words out of my dictionary)... yeah, I don't know the word, but you get the point
    I love it, love it!
    My fav character is Tyron, cause he's so funny and smart and witty, but even though he does have part of the lannister's negative traits, he's also much more capable of being human and compassionate. At least that's how he was until now.
    And the fact that he's so good at hiding he's frustrations about being treated like a freak by most... I kind of relate to that, I mean I wish I could be more like that.
    I also like Sansa, even though I shouldn't, cause she's too much of a girlie girl, "I'm in love with the prince and all of a suddent my family is not good enough" type. But the horror she's been through, the things Jeofrey made her see, the way she's forced into losing all independence... I think it's turning her into a much stronger person. Again, that's what I've seen and read so far, I have no idea how she's gonna develop.
    And Dany, she's so beautiful and she's grown so much from the shy, submissive little girl she was at the beginning... I have a feeling she's gonna be BAD, but I don't now, there something likable about the way she has risen stronger after everything that happened...
    Yeah, I should stop right?
    I'm so excited, tonight I'm watching episode 01 of season 02. Yupee!
  • hlouisej
    hlouisej Posts: 45
    Options
    Just watched the first episode of season 2 tonight. Excellent TV. Pity that they killed off Sean Bean's caracter but never mind.

Some really interesting characters like Daenerys and Tyrion but I must admit have a soft spot for Jon Snow..
  • Alan_from_Wales
    Alan_from_Wales Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Tyrion is by far the best.....read all the books and cannot wait for the next