Over 200 Club Week 9 and PUMP IT UP!!

Options

Replies

• Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Great job jennifer, 30 pounds that is so good.

I am down 1/2 a pound:grumble: I worked hard this week and last and my weight is slowing down. I will just have to try that much harder this week.
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I feel bad because I have a hard time telling people that I am on this site because I like the anonymity of it all. I do not want people to know what I weigh, especially my family and friends. I would rather tell you guys than them. I just told one of my relatives about this site then went into my account and changed my main profile pic. Because I was afraid they would recognize one of my kids and then look at my profile. I know that is silly but I can't help it. :embarassed:
    Momma I have the exact same problem.If I tell my fam and friends how much I weigh they always seem to weigh less than I do even if I look smaller so I just gave up trying.I am doing this fr me and no one else.Thanks for all of you being behind me and supporting me.:flowerforyou:
  • awestfall
    Options
    I feel bad because I have a hard time telling people that I am on this site because I like the anonymity of it all. I do not want people to know what I weigh, especially my family and friends. I would rather tell you guys than them. I just told one of my relatives about this site then went into my account and changed my main profile pic. Because I was afraid they would recognize one of my kids and then look at my profile. I know that is silly but I can't help it. :embarassed:
    Momma I have the exact same problem.If I tell my fam and friends how much I weigh they always seem to weigh less than I do even if I look smaller so I just gave up trying.I am doing this fr me and no one else.Thanks for all of you being behind me and supporting me.:flowerforyou:
    So guys I am back up 10 pounds because I have slacked and I need to sweat them back off.Any words of encouragement would be so great.I don't want to gain anymore but the stress of our financial situation and everything else is really getting to me.HELP!!
  • awestfall
    Options

I know exactly how u feel. nobody outside of MFP knows how much i weigh:frown:

I agree with you both! Even my husband doesn't know what I weigh.....mostly because it is more than him! I would like to try joining this group again. I joined MFP months ago and lost about 8 lbs. and then our house flooded, I had both kids sick and now that I finally have my computer back and set up I have torn my achillies.....as you can guess I have been stressed, frustrated, full of negative self talk and well - EATING WAY TOO MUCH! I am pretty sure I have gained back my eight pounds and then some. My scale was ruined in the flood and I need to go buy another one tomorrow. Iwould really like to join this group again because I feel like I am all alone with all my skinny tanned friends - who by the way are always begging me to go hang at the beach or take the kids to the water slides or the pool with them. Am I the only one that lies to get out of things like that? I hate that - I am not that kind of person, but the thought of anyone seeing me in a bathing suit sends me into a panic. Any advice from any of you? I can't really exercise right now and my weakness is coke - which I have now gone two days without.
    I totally feel your pain of doing anything to avoid going out with friends especially when it involves bathing suits for me.My best friend is a size 2 and I don't like that she lives far away but at this point in my life I am glad she doesn't live close because she loves going to the beach and swimming and I don't think I could bare to see myself in a bathing suit right now lol.And welcome to our group.We have challenges each week and weigh ins on Fridays.
  • awestfall
    Options

I agree with you both! Even my husband doesn't know what I weigh.....mostly because it is more than him! I would like to try joining this group again. I joined MFP months ago and lost about 8 lbs. and then our house flooded, I had both kids sick and now that I finally have my computer back and set up I have torn my achillies.....as you can guess I have been stressed, frustrated, full of negative self talk and well - EATING WAY TOO MUCH! I am pretty sure I have gained back my eight pounds and then some. My scale was ruined in the flood and I need to go buy another one tomorrow. Iwould really like to join this group again because I feel like I am all alone with all my skinny tanned friends - who by the way are always begging me to go hang at the beach or take the kids to the water slides or the pool with them. Am I the only one that lies to get out of things like that? I hate that - I am not that kind of person, but the thought of anyone seeing me in a bathing suit sends me into a panic. Any advice from any of you? I can't really exercise right now and my weakness is coke - which I have now gone two days without.
    I totally feel your pain of doing anything to avoid going out with friends especially when it involves bathing suits for me.My best friend is a size 2 and I don't like that she lives far away but at this point in my life I am glad she doesn't live close because she loves going to the beach and swimming and I don't think I could bare to see myself in a bathing suit right now lol.And welcome to our group.We have challenges each week and weigh ins on Fridays.
    So all in all WEIGH IN SUCKS for me today but I am not giving up on myself.I am going to hit the elliptical right now.Wish me luck for next week.:flowerforyou: By the way I thought our new challenge could stick with cardio but add some push ups or weights in .What do you guys think?Feed me your input on what you guys would like to do for challenges?:flowerforyou:
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    :angry: Well the workout gods are against me this week! I spent another hour in traffic (again) trying to get to the YMCA after work last night ... got there just in time to squeeze into a back row spot in step aerobics (my favorite spot is back row in front of the fan ... but any back row spot beats the front row any day!) ... so I happily ran down to the locker room to get changed ... to find out that I had packed 3 shirts and no workout shorts/pants! Well luckily I had worn slightly large dockers to work, so I rolled up the pantlegs and went back to class ... worried the whole time that the butt seam would split ... but made it throught the workout feeling a little ridiculous looking - but happy with myself for doing the class anyhow :happy: Then I strolled out to my car to find a pile of glass where someone had busted my window - to steal what I'm sure they thought was my purse ... but it was just my lunch bag with a diet pepsi in it! I was lucky it wasn't more, but I missed my son's soccer game because I had to clean up the glass from my car and talk to the police. I was embarrassed because many people had been looking at/into my car while I was working out because they kept paging me but I couldn't hear them in step class ... and my car is a mess! It actually took me a little while to figure out if anything else had been taken because I honestly couldn't remember all the junk I had in my car!
    :explode: Whew! What a bad workout day. But it could have been a lot worse, I didn't really lose much except time (which does suck), the criminal will probably be caught since someone saw her smash my window and gave the police their license plate number ... and I got an extra walk in today since I can't drive my car around until the window is fixed later this afternoon.

I know weigh ins are supposed to be Friday, but I'm not going back to the Y to use the scale until tomorrow. I really hope I will see some progress after the tough time I had working out this week. :ohwell:
  • Momma2four
    Options

So all in all WEIGH IN SUCKS for me today but I am not giving up on myself.I am going to hit the elliptical right now.Wish me luck for next week.:flowerforyou: By the way I thought our new challenge could stick with cardio but add some push ups or weights in .What do you guys think?Feed me your input on what you guys would like to do for challenges?:flowerforyou:

awestfall, Good for you, do NOT give up on yourself. You deserve to be healthy. You go girl get that elliptical warmed up. Woot Woot :laugh:

I am part of a halfers group. Those of us who need to lose 1/2 our weight when it is all said and done. Anyways the challenge for them this week is decide how many minutes we will exercise this week and accomplish that. My goal is 400 minutes. Maybe we could do that too and try to get 100 pushups in by next friday. or 100 squats by friday . Whatever something muscle building. What ya think??????
  • Momma2four
    Options
    :angry: Well the workout gods are against me this week! I spent another hour in traffic (again) trying to get to the YMCA after work last night ... got there just in time to squeeze into a back row spot in step aerobics (my favorite spot is back row in front of the fan ... but any back row spot beats the front row any day!) ... so I happily ran down to the locker room to get changed ... to find out that I had packed 3 shirts and no workout shorts/pants! Well luckily I had worn slightly large dockers to work, so I rolled up the pantlegs and went back to class ... worried the whole time that the butt seam would split ... but made it throught the workout feeling a little ridiculous looking - but happy with myself for doing the class anyhow :happy: Then I strolled out to my car to find a pile of glass where someone had busted my window - to steal what I'm sure they thought was my purse ... but it was just my lunch bag with a diet pepsi in it! I was lucky it wasn't more, but I missed my son's soccer game because I had to clean up the glass from my car and talk to the police. I was embarrassed because many people had been looking at/into my car while I was working out because they kept paging me but I couldn't hear them in step class ... and my car is a mess! It actually took me a little while to figure out if anything else had been taken because I honestly couldn't remember all the junk I had in my car!
    :explode: Whew! What a bad workout day. But it could have been a lot worse, I didn't really lose much except time (which does suck), the criminal will probably be caught since someone saw her smash my window and gave the police their license plate number ... and I got an extra walk in today since I can't drive my car around until the window is fixed later this afternoon.

I know weigh ins are supposed to be Friday, but I'm not going back to the Y to use the scale until tomorrow. I really hope I will see some progress after the tough time I had working out this week. :ohwell:

Wow you have had a rough time of it. But at least you have a good attitude. Good for you!! That is an inspiration to me to remember to keep a good attitude when things go bad. Thanks!!!:flowerforyou: i hope they catch that terrible person who broke into your car. It makes me mad to think that people steal from someone else never knowing how much damage they can be causing someone else. or at least they just do NOT care. Frustrating:explode:
  • jdl249
    jdl249 Posts: 46
    Options
    Hi everyone...I'm JoAnna. Basically, my story in a nutshell:

I went to get weighed for birth control in late March and saw 206. It scared me. I'm only 5'1", so I know what that is in BMI standards :grumble: Since then, I have been dieting and working out. I've cut out almost all chocolate except for these low-cal brownies my best friend found, and I've unfortunately cut out my favorite food in the world -- macaroni and cheese.

Since I've started dieting, I've been able to eat less and still feel full. At most when I log in my info, I'll be anywhere from 1000 - 1150 calories (of course MFP tells me I'm undereating...). I do Jillian Michaels' 30-Day Shred and go walking every day to a radio station 5 minutes (one way) up the road. Just last night, my best friend and I went walking around the circle in her neighborhood which is a good mile, and I managed to do it with little problems. It was about a good 20-25 minute walk going about 2mph.

However...I weighed in last night and I've not made progress. As of last night, I'm at 207. I know you're supposed to weigh in your birthday suit and after you've done your business in the morning, but I don't have an accurate scale (the one we have is OLD. I'm planning on getting a new one this weekend). I also know that with losing weight, you gain muscle first. I've already done one walk today and if it stops raining as hard as it's going right now I plan to do another. I haven't done my daily 30-day shred today yet but as soon as I finish this post I'm headed for it!

Hope everyone is having better luck than me. :laugh:
  • tyme4me
    tyme4me Posts: 17
    Options
    Can I join? I just got out of the 200's, barely, and need all the help and support I can get. I have 80+ pounds to lose to get back to where the doctor needs me to be. Nearing 50 y/o that is alot of work!!

Thanks !

Gina:smile:
  • awestfall
    Options
    Can I join? I just got out of the 200's, barely, and need all the help and support I can get. I have 80+ pounds to lose to get back to where the doctor needs me to be. Nearing 50 y/o that is alot of work!!

Thanks !

Gina:smile:
    Welcome to the group !! Weigh ins are Fridays and we have weekly challenges so feel free to input on the challenge part.We always welcome suggestions.
  • awestfall
    Options

awestfall, Good for you, do NOT give up on yourself. You deserve to be healthy. You go girl get that elliptical warmed up. Woot Woot :laugh:

I am part of a halfers group. Those of us who need to lose 1/2 our weight when it is all said and done. Anyways the challenge for them this week is decide how many minutes we will exercise this week and accomplish that. My goal is 400 minutes. Maybe we could do that too and try to get 100 pushups in by next friday. or 100 squats by friday . Whatever something muscle building. What ya think??????
    I am with you for the whole minutes thing.I am going to aim for 600 minutes of exercise this coming week.Thanks for the suggestion :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Hey everyone!!! Hope you all had a wonderful week and have a GREAT weekend!!! Resist temptations!!!! :drinker:
  • awestfall
    Options
    Hey everyone!!! Hope you all had a wonderful week and have a GREAT weekend!!! Resist temptations!!!! :drinker:
    Thanks I needed that BOOST.I just nailed the elliptical Level 15 resistance for 30 minutes and I burnt 531 calories.YAY!!:flowerforyou:
  • Arienna
    Options
    Thanks I needed that BOOST.I just nailed the elliptical Level 15 resistance for 30 minutes and I burnt 531 calories.YAY!!:flowerforyou:

Wow!! That's incredible!!! Keep it up:flowerforyou:

~Ari:drinker:
  • Momma2four
    Options

I am with you for the whole minutes thing.I am going to aim for 600 minutes of exercise this coming week.Thanks for the suggestion :flowerforyou: :heart:

sounds good, I love your ticker. Maybe we should just update them every Friday(start over each friday) and add a couple more minutes each week? How could we lose increasing our cardio each week. If everyone agrees at least
  • tyme4me
    tyme4me Posts: 17
    Options
    Thanks for welcoming me into your group!! I will try my best!! Have a GREAT week!!
  • awestfall
    Options

sounds good, I love your ticker. Maybe we should just update them every Friday(start over each friday) and add a couple more minutes each week? How could we lose increasing our cardio each week. If everyone agrees at least
    Sounds great to me Momma !! That will be our new challenge each week is to increase the minutes of cardio we do.Thanks for the input!!HUGS:flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Hey Your welcome, this is a challenge that seems fun and it is a way to measure our accomplishments each week. I hope everyone is excited about trying this.
  • Arienna
    Options
    That challenge idea is really great! I'm excited!!