WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2012

Options

Replies

• djhobs
    djhobs Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Just a quick post tonight, went with hubby to his car club meeting..do I hear wife of the year?? Lol! I had a good workout this am 6 miles on the bike and 1500 meters rowing. I wish I had more time, but I can't seem together up any earlier and the boss has this thing about me showing up on time:laugh: I have tried to do my kettlebells when I get home from work but I generally don't have that kind of energy and I try to cook a healthy dinner. As many of you have said some exercise is better than none. I have also not had a lot of weight loss lately but I am prettyy sure I am my worst enemy..I have not coasted backwards, but not made progress. As Barbie says I will never, never give up and I guess when I am ready to make more changes it will happen. It took 10 or 15 years to get to where I was so it will probably take some time to lose it.
    Thanks all for listening to the ramble...have I said lately...I love this thread:love:
    :heart: Jen
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I wrote food "dairy" instead of "diary" LOL!!!!!!! :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

And Barbie to answer your question no not really, I don't drink very much at all, occasionally at social events, and if I eat sweets its a sugar free or low cal Jello or 100 cal chocolate but its not every day and its pretty limited :flowerforyou:
    Thanks!!!!
    Katie, you are so cute! :smile: I hear your struggle, though, I've been stuck on a plateau a few times on this journey. Not sure I have the answer, but lots of MFP folks would say you should be eating more. You've done a marvelous job so far, you might go back to when you first started logging foods and look at what you were eating. Sometimes we have to change things up and feed our bodies different kinds of foods to kick-start it into losing again. You're probably building muscle, have you taken your measurements? Another thing you might try is adding a Sodium column to your food dairy. Ooops, diary! hahaha :laugh: Too much sodium causes weight loss problems. Do you track your water? Anyway, good luck, hope you're able to get over the hump. It's a pain in the patootie sometimes! :bigsmile:

jb
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    HI!Had a good session in pt.Did 2 laps around the y.Walked in deep end of pool for 10 min.Did 20 lifts on 2 leg machines and 10 squats and 10 toe raises.Making progress.Dr is pleased.
    Have a question for anyone who cares to respond.When going thru menopause or pre-menopause do you ever have nights of insomnia,night sweats,hot flashes at night.I didn`t know what was going on,but spent the night watching the clock.
    I had 1 year no periods,then got 2 periods,then haven`t had anything in 6 months.Am 55.
    Hope everyone is doing ok.
    HUGS
    jane
    ps.thanks for all your love and support,means so much
  • westernjoy
    westernjoy Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm happy have gone 1 year with no period. Night sweats when I have to much processed foods. I'm hoping that has helped. My sister had terrible hot flashes. My mom said she didn't have them that bad. I do have issue with restless sleeping. But have started taken melatonion. It has helped a lot.
    My prayers are with everyone who is have a hard time.
    Happy for everyone that has seen the scale move down. Or the tape measure going just a little smaller.
    Joyce
  • fitz1191
    fitz1191 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Not quite 50 yet but will be in December. I would love to be at my goal weight by then, but that might be pushing it. I am pretty down lately, joined here to hopefully find some like minded, positive influences. I look forward to "meeting" you all.
    Becky

Hello Becky welcome good place to be if your down theses ladies are the best Positive upbeat and so eager to help us all on our journey Keep coming back
  • fitz1191
    fitz1191 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Good evening all not alot to post tonight had a very busy week so far. So inspired by all of the posts great stuff trying to burn it in my head so I can remember it all or at least part of it great advice.

Katiejarr The only thing I can say is so far I have learned is you have to switch up what you are doing all the time to keep your body adjusting to the changes Change up your exercise routine chnage up your foods and change up your calories so your body doesnt go into starvation mode and start holding onto what it gets. Which I admit I am not the greatest at I am deffinetly a creature of habit especially when it comes to food choices good luck and keep on keeping on you will break through this
  • MimawP
    MimawP Posts: 9
    Options
    Wow ... 10 whole days in NYC!!! That's awesome. Went there for my 30th Anniversary last June ... only 4 days ... but OMG I loved it!!! I will so be going back as soon as I can swing it. I could spend days in Central park alone ... so much to see :) Have a fun fun trip.
    Hi all, I am doing well and staying within my calories. I certainly find MFP easier than W/W. I will get weighed on Sunday and see how this week went.
    Two weeks from tomorrow hubby and I will be in NY visiting our son. Can't wait. We will be there for 10 days. So much to see and do , so I will be to be getting lots of walking activity and stairs up and down the Subway.

Have a good night all.
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good day Thursday...only one more day to Friday!

So sad to hear that **** Clark passed yesterday:sad: at 82 yrs old...seeing his face and anything to do with American Bandstand really takes me back to my youth...it felt like he was there all the time...he will be missed:flowerforyou:

Katiejarr- I really have no words of help for your plateau:cry: I know for myself when it seems that I have hit one I just keep plugging along and eventually the weight shifts down...I do know that when I have one that I can usually see some kind of change in my eating habits, be it higher sodium or not drinking enough water. Hubby and I love Wednesday's too because it's Survivor night:wink: and aren't those men something else...no wonder they are getting picked off one at a time:noway:

Kackie- I wish I could say the paper work had piled up because I have been traveling, it just keeps growing...I'm sure it's those "Paper Faries" that show up at night when I'm gone that cause it to multipy:wink:

jaks97-enjoy your time in Phoenix, I'm sure that if you are careful you will be able to keep the food under control. It's always nice when others notice that we are losing and looking better:flowerforyou: Those are the NSV that keep us going.

realpure- keep popping in here and you will find plenty of inspiration:flowerforyou:

jellyfishjen- chose your day and you will get aback on track, we are here to help you along:drinker:

Barbie- you always have such good words of encouragement for us to live by, thank you for helping all of us stay on track:flowerforyou: You must have done a pretty good job subing if that teacher is calling you back to so you can sub for her again WTG:drinker:

Jen-:flowerforyou: Yep you do deserve the "Wife of the Year" award.

Jane- for night sweats :grumble: I take Estroven (I buy it at Walmart) and Black Cohost...they together have helped me in that area, they also have helped keep my emotions pretty level too. It took about two weeks of taking them before I felt that they had taken affect.

I know that on the boards there is talk all the time about eating more calories to lose, but what I have found for me is to keep steady to the course that I know works for me. I've pretty much used the same amount of calories to lose my entire life. I know that many tell me it's too low, but at my height it works for me. Adding the exercise is what's making a difference and I'm sure that once I hit my goal weight I will be able to increase my calories to maintain. What I didn't do last time I'd reached my goal was to keep up the exercise. As long as I was exercising my weight plateaued which was a good thing, but as soon as I stopped the weight crept back up...all because I had increased my calories but wasn't exercising:blushing: Everything I've been learning has pointed to exercise being VERY important...and I'm also going to try for that healthy look with some toning. I didn't do that last time either so that's my goal this time. I guess you could say that last time I had that "skinny fat" look:noway: this time I'm looking for the "healthy toned" look:love:

Everyone have a good day. Tomorrow we have to have all the monthly paper work to the courts and my quarterly reports are do as well...and since no "paper faries" did the work last night I'd best get to it.

Log the food, drink the water:drinker: and do some form of exercise....LET'S GO!

Laura80111:smile:
  • katiejarr
    katiejarr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hi All!!!

Thanks Barbie!!! I re read my diary and realized that I DO eat more snacks than I thought :blushing: :blushing: well I do love chocolate :blushing: what can say, but I will try and eat more clean food, thanks for the feedback and for keeping us all on track! I LOVE THIS GROUP!!!!!!!

Thanks JB you are sooo cute too :heart: :heart: :heart: and I love the pic of your dog :bigsmile: I do drink lots of water...but I tend to eat the same thing every day and do the same work out everyday so today Im changing it up, Im eating low fat cottage cheese and fruit for breakfast instead of steel cut oats and fruit :ohwell:

Laura Im a Survivor super fan! Been watching since the beginning but why they didn't listen to Troyzan and get together and vote off Kim I don't understand??? But I don't like him anyway and GO WOMEN!!!!! I love that show!

Hope everyone has a great day! In the 90's here in beautiful Palm Springs...going to be in the 100's this weekend! Swimming Pool weather :laugh: Yikes!!!
  • mazaron
    mazaron Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Hello friends,

I had my foot fixed on Tuesday morning, the Dr put in a nerve blocker so it didn’t hurt until the morning after and then wowie :sad: zowie! Today seems better already. I am following Dr’s orders to the letter because I am determined it’s going to be worth it in the end, and because I’m at my parent’s home. No slacking allowed!

Thanks to all those squats, lunges and step-ups, as well as the upper body work, I don’t have any trouble with handling the crutches. Once I’m home again I’ll try some “chair aerobics”.

I introduced my Mum to MFP when I visited in the fall, so we are having fun logging our food together & choosing fresh peaches instead of cookies for dessert. My Dad doesn’t get it…but he’s raised four daughters so he’s used to not getting it! :ohwell:

Sarah, I am envious that you will be able to go on to Stage Two of New Rules before I do, keep me posted. How much did you lifts improve? I couldn’t believe that I could dead lift 90 pounds and squat lift 95 by the time I was done. :explode: Xena, Warrier Princess indeed.

Oh Michelle, you are not alone in your weakness for raw cookie dough. My favorite Dairy Queen Blizzard flavour (back in the days when I ate such things :wink: ) is … cookie dough, of course.

Barbie, I am a bit behind on the postings, you must have been lonely without your dogs at home. I am just about ready to re-read “The Happiness Project” to see what other inspirations she has for me. I am solidly on top of putting away my clothes and making the bed – small things that made a big difference in my quality of life – now I feel relaxed when I walk into my bedroom.

Subtle eating deviations – you are so right. It’s the licking of the spoon, the finishing of the jar, the last slice of bread in the loaf, the “It’s just a little bit” or the “I’ll just finish that up” that got me into trouble. (Along with the red wine, of course!)

JB I talked to DH on the phone last night and he has planted the radishes. :happy:

I understand how hard it can be to stay on track while visiting family. As I said above, my mum is on MFP with me, so it’s easier here. Still, she’s a fantastic cook and the house is full of treats. I find that once I’ve said “No” the first time the momentum starts to build and it’s easier to stay on track. My new mantra is "I don't eat toast." :noway:

Your NSV at the Goodwill sounds great. I like the clothing NSV’s best. In the middle of the prep for surgery on Tuesday I discovered that, on the Dr’s scale, I’m 2 pounds lighter than I was a at home last week. :happy:

Laura80111 – gourmet chocolate all over your desk….oh dear.

Judy, you are a master of improvisation and a model of move while you work! Will come for a visit and mutate my wheelchair into a rowing machine?

Suz, how are you doing? Still waiting to hear from the Dr?

Jellyfishjen – Late night eating is a weakness for me too. I have been heard to say to DH, “I’m going to bed. It’s go to bed or eat, and I don’t want to eat.”

Amanda, you are really missing those twins and your daughter in Germany. :cry: There’s no better place to talk about it than here. On a lighter note, you look stunning in your new picture.

Cathy, right now your house is full of boxes and packing paper. Suddenly it will be clear…and you’ll be out.

I must stop now or this post will go all the way to Sunday.

Thanks for all your kind words about my surgery. All is well here and once I'm home on my own you'll be hearing from me more often. Perhaps more often than you'd wish!

Hasta pronto,

Nancy
  • SusanLovesToEat
    SusanLovesToEat Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Great Thread! As I'm a woman over 50 even better!

Happy April!

I just joined last week and am already loving it.
    I'm an American living in Monaco.

My Goals for April:
    To loose 4 pounds per week
    To get and stay on plan (I'm currently over by 200cal a day).
    To find new ways to eat old favorites.
    To walk 60 min 3 days per week. (Monaco is all uphill)
    To add kettle bells to this routine.

New friends welcome:-)
  • pigote
    pigote Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm a relative newbie; joined March 1st. Although I'm losing something every week the process is so slow it's hard to keep optimistic. I'm going to try adding 100 additional calories to my "assigned 1200" for the next few weeks and see if that speeds things up. I'm pushing through a foot issue of an inflammed nerve and have had 2 cortisone shots so far with a little bit of improvement. I could use some buddies to help keep me motivated. ALSO, is it only me that feels the weight loss process is consuming WAY TOO MUCH of my thoughts lately? I'd like to keep focused but quit feeling obsessed; any ideas?
  • MadelineHere
    Options
    Hi there!
    I'm brand new - I'll get a photo up soon - I know that seems so much friendlier...

I am turning 50 in Oct and just can't do it weighing this much.

I've always been at least "zoftig" never a slender person forget skinny. My family thought a fat baby was a healthy baby.

We also eat when we're happy, eat when we're sad (to cheer up!), eat to celebrate, well you get it.

I have a thyroid problem and a lifetime hormone problem which has caused my body to want to make fat cells to store the extra hormones - so I have that challenge. But hey I am not going for skinny-mini you know?

I am a social media freelancer - so I wake up, get on the computer ,and pretty much stay there until bed time. These days - trying to make more money - that includes weekends.

I have spent most of my life with a high confidence level, felt sexy, attractive, and have had a nice share of friends and admirers. ;)

But I got very ill 5 years ago (bed ridden) and my mom died (depressed) and went up to 270. Instead of hovering around 195.

Weight isn't as important as clothing size to me.

I'm an 18 now. 14 would be awesome. I was a 12 maybe twice in my whole life, for like, oh a week... so... that's the brass ring that I'm not pushing for.

Sooooo. Tell me about you. And lets try to pull together. If any of you tweet you can say Hi to me there @MadelineHere

I live with my partner who is sorta not being helpful. Not in a big way. But - lets put it this way - while she does all the shopping and I have said I wanted to do this since Oct 2011. I had to go to the grocery store 3 days ago and buy a week's worth of protein drinks, yogurt, some diet-y tv dinners (no time for me to cook - and she's been too ill herself to many nights), some milk and some frosted mini wheats - the basis of my diet.

This comes from observing friends of mine on nutrisystem.

:::::::::wave::::::::::::
  • katiejarr
    Options
    Good evening all not alot to post tonight had a very busy week so far. So inspired by all of the posts great stuff trying to burn it in my head so I can remember it all or at least part of it great advice.

Katiejarr The only thing I can say is so far I have learned is you have to switch up what you are doing all the time to keep your body adjusting to the changes Change up your exercise routine chnage up your foods and change up your calories so your body doesnt go into starvation mode and start holding onto what it gets. Which I admit I am not the greatest at I am deffinetly a creature of habit especially when it comes to food choices good luck and keep on keeping on you will break through this

Thanks!!!! Thats what Im doing today...trying to eat all my 1200 calories and change up what I'm eating :smile: I know it sounds silly but Im so used to eating small amounts for the last 6 months that its hard for me to eat that much :blushing: :blushing:

Thanks for all the support!
  • katiejarr
    Options
    Hi there!
    I'm brand new - I'll get a photo up soon - I know that seems so much friendlier...

I am turning 50 in Oct and just can't do it weighing this much.

I've always been at least "zoftig" never a slender person forget skinny. My family thought a fat baby was a healthy baby.

We also eat when we're happy, eat when we're sad (to cheer up!), eat to celebrate, well you get it.

I have a thyroid problem and a lifetime hormone problem which has caused my body to want to make fat cells to store the extra hormones - so I have that challenge. But hey I am not going for skinny-mini you know?

I am a social media freelancer - so I wake up, get on the computer ,and pretty much stay there until bed time. These days - trying to make more money - that includes weekends.

I have spent most of my life with a high confidence level, felt sexy, attractive, and have had a nice share of friends and admirers. ;)

But I got very ill 5 years ago (bed ridden) and my mom died (depressed) and went up to 270. Instead of hovering around 195.

Weight isn't as important as clothing size to me.

I'm an 18 now. 14 would be awesome. I was a 12 maybe twice in my whole life, for like, oh a week... so... that's the brass ring that I'm not pushing for.

Sooooo. Tell me about you. And lets try to pull together. If any of you tweet you can say Hi to me there @MadelineHere

I live with my partner who is sorta not being helpful. Not in a big way. But - lets put it this way - while she does all the shopping and I have said I wanted to do this since Oct 2011. I had to go to the grocery store 3 days ago and buy a week's worth of protein drinks, yogurt, some diet-y tv dinners (no time for me to cook - and she's been too ill herself to many nights), some milk and some frosted mini wheats - the basis of my diet.

This comes from observing friends of mine on nutrisystem.

:::::::::wave::::::::::::

Welcome Madeline!!!!!

This is an AWESOME group! Im fairly new to this group but I jumped right in and felt at home right away :bigsmile:
    Once you get going and show your partner that your in this, she will follow follow along...my hubby did and now he's counting calories like a maniac (sp?) so you do what you have to do and in time she will get it...and don't worry if she doesn't , this is about YOU :glasses: :glasses:
  • caminogirl
    caminogirl Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hello! It's been awhile since I last posted - January I think, and October before that - haven't forgotten but going back to school was all consuming. Now that it is finished I realized I've put on the Freshman 15 (at 52!) so I definitely have to get moving again. Essays and exams are done so that should mean no more stress, no more excuses and NO MORE SNACKS! No more tempting Booster Juices between classes and no more baked goods! Time to start cooking properly again and pay attention to what I'm doing food wise.
    I'm glad to be back - so goals for the rest of April - maybe a pound or two. Really, just to get back into the food recording habit!
    Cheers for now,
    Caminogirl
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,381 Member
    Options
    jb - that's wonderful about the jeans! Even if you didn't buy them, it's wonderful. To this day, I'm sorry I gave away a pair of jeans that were a bit snug on me. I could zip them, but they weren't exactly comfortable. I should have kept them as an "incentive". Oh well.... Good plan to buy some veggies

MimawP - So sorry about your hubby's grandmom.

Did an hour of deep water exercise today (Wed), tomorrow I'm planning to do a Jari Love DVD (weights). As you can tell, I really like her DVD's.

A friend of mine works for a company that makes socks. I emailed him about my dilemma of not being able to get more crochet thread (it's been discontinued by the manufacturer). I have a placemat that I need to finish off and when I do, I'll have extra thread, so I'll take him a sample Sat. and see if he maybe knows of a comparable item. They do deal with threads, so I guess it's worth a try.

Laura - I agree totally with you, it takes so little to add a bit of weight and so very much to lose it. It can be so frustrating! WooHoo on being so close to half way on the weight.

katie - silly as this may sound, try upping your calories. To maybe around 1200. Your body is probably so used to the 1,000 calories but if you up it, you'll make your body say "hey, what gives?" Try it, and let us know what happens. Don't change your exercise or anything else, just up the calories, but let those calories be from foods that are good for you (veggies, fruits, etc). I'm 5'1" too, and when I figured out my caloire intake, it came to where I should be taking in 1253/day. kackie had good advice, strongly consider it. Yes, change up your exercise. Interval exercise can burn 3x as much fat as steady state cardio

After the water exercise, went to one food store to get the things on sale. Oh, before the exercise class I ordered the cake for the bowling party. After the store, came home, then went to the senior bowl. Had a good day -- 138, 134 and 134. That's probably going to hurt my handicap (I like it high) and I know that won't happen all the time. But it sure felt good to have it happen once in a while. Came home, had an early dinner, now on the computer. I ordered cereal from amazon and then there was this Jari Love DVD that I didn't own (yes, there is one that I don't own....yet). It's supposed to be on a one-day special, but when I got the invoice, the price was different. Going to ask Vince to explain to me the reason for the difference. update: my math was wrong, I did get the special price.

Tomorrow I have the crochet class then the second day of the Food Safety class. I thought it was pretty interesting Tues. That reminds me...I need to pack a lunch since I'll be going right from crochet to the class. Update: I'll take some egg whites (I just don't like hard boiled egg yolks...that's just me), carrots, popcorn and radishes. Not sure that I'll have time to have much more. Tuesday they had clementines and these mints, so I'm thinking that they'll have them again.

The other day I got the Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds Ultimate Collection DVD and Jillian Michaels Extreme Shed and Shred. They were on sale so I will see how they are. Unfortunately, LS's 5 Really Big Miles wasn't on sale and I will not pay full price (I'm a cheapskate about some things) So I'll just wait until it's on sale.

jellyfishjen - good luck on your run! I know you can do it.

Did 1 hr 15 min of Jari Love's extremely ripped 1000 DVD today. Tomorrow, I'll do some HIIT.

Someone (and I don't remember who, was it katie?) mentioned that they're in a plateau, and how can they start losing again? There are three things you can change known as FIT. That's an acronym for Frequency, Intensity and Time. Change any one of these. Like if you exercise 6 days/week, maybe only do it 5. Intervals. And I know that I usually exercise for an hour/day but when we go to FL the classes down there are only 45 minutes. That's a change in time.

walker - have a good visit with your son

jane - oh, yes, there have been the nights when for no apparent reason I just can't sleep. So you are certainly in the right club! Isn't it a pain when you've gone for months on end with no period and then you suddenly get one? I went for about a year without a period, then had one. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out what this weird feeling in my abdomen was. Well, it was cramps! I'd just forgotten what they feel like!

Went to the crochet class today. In a way, I'm a little bit annoyed at the lady who runs it. I had counted 64dc in the round, then the next row said that you make this look, then skip one dc. To me, that would have meant that I should have had 32 loops. She kept insisting that what I had was right (25 loops). Now that I'm a few more rows ahead, I'm short 7 loops! She told me to recount my 64dc's. I KNOW that there are 64, I knew that something was off with my count, and sure enough it is. I asked her a question and she said "yes" then I went back, did it the way I felt it should be and when I questioned her again, she said "oh, you're right". I don't know that much about working in the round! I think I'm going to ask someone else to maybe look at it for me.

Then I went to the Food Safety class. Oh, before then I stopped at a daycare around here to ask if they had any glass babyfood jars (I've gotten them from them before). They didn't have any right now but the lady said that she'd save some for me. After the food safety course, I stopped at one store to get these fast food dinners for Vince.

Tomorrow I'll do the HIIT, probably come home and then go play mahjongg. On the way home, I'll maybe do some bowling and then go to Sam's to get the shrimp for the bowling party next Wed so that the shrimp can defrost. There's a few other things I want to look at, too.

Welcome everyone who is new. Keep posting, you'll love it here.

Welcome back caminogirl! You've been missed

Here's hoping everyone has a great evening.

Michele
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    :sad: I'm ready for Jake to come home. I've had all the alone time I can stand and I want help walking the dogs. Today they kept bugging me to walk them while I was doing my weight training even though it had been only three hours since I walked them. When I finished and took them out, it turned out that they both really needed to go.

:flowerforyou: Jen, it sounds like you do a lot of exercise for someone with a job to go to everyday........there may be a way to add 5 or 10 minutes, but be happy with what you're doing and don't compare yourself to people like me with no job to go to every day.

:bigsmile: Nancy, it's good to hear from you and know that your surgery and forced resting hasn't made a dent in your great writing skills and sense of humor.....I have the library copy of "The Happiness Project" and it's still a new book so I won't be able to renew it but I've already found a few new principles to add to my life. "Act the way I want to feel" is my new priority and I've put it to use a lot already. I love hearing from you so I look forward to your return home so you'll be posting more often.

:flowerforyou: pigote, I think it's important that I'm thinking so much about the weight loss process and it's not an obsession as much as it is a commitment. Putting my weight, healthy eating, and exercise at the top of my priority list is what helped in making the dream a reality. I don't talk about it to anyone except the women on this thread who share a similar commitment.

:flowerforyou: Caminogirl, I'm glad to see you back.....you've just been on a detour and now you're back on the weight loss highway. Your goal of getting into the habit of recording food is a great beginning.

:flowerforyou: I noticed today that I keep adding things to my weight training routine and it's gotten to taking an hour and 20 minutes or more so I'm going to see if there is something that I can let go and something that I can do earlier or later in the day while watching TV. I like to do it in one big "event" while wearing my heart rate monitor so I can get "credit" for the whole workout. LOL.

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington where it was sunny in the morning and raining the rest of the day. smiley-greet013.gif
  • surfpinescolleen13
    Options
    Hi Everybody. My hubby and I had to go to Portland yesterday to have his eye rechecked after he had a cornea transplant. We ended up eating lunch out and I did pretty good. I need to check the calories of food before I eat them. I like your idea, Barb, about planning your food day out. It rained all day today, but I did go to Curves and I enjoyed that. I love gardening so I can't wait for some nice weather so I can get outside again. Michelle- I hear you when you say you like to vary your exercise routine in the pool. I am going tomorrow with my friend and I am looking forward to it. It is nice to look forward to exercise. That is a new concept for me. I wish everyone well and hope everyone is keeping focused. Hugs- Colleen
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Once again it's a beautiful Friday,

Katiejarr- I hear you on eating and doing the same things all the time. I am so preplanned for my work week that I know what I'm eating at work everyday, because I pack it all on Sunday night. The only variation is for dinner but even that has a way of being the same thing...I just love salmon and I have it several times during the week, on the good side everytime I eat fish the scale seems to move:wink:

Nancy- so glad your foot surgery went well, I'm sure you will be back home and about in no time. How fun that you and your Mum are doing MFP together, it's always nice to have a family member there to encourage you.:drinker:

SusanAnnLopez- Welcome:flowerforyou: living in Monaco, sounds like a permenant vacation:love:

Pigote- Welcome, yep I find that I'm obsessed with this losing and getting fit part of my life:blushing: but I do try not to talk about it too much to family and friends...unless they ask:wink: then I have a hard time shutting up.

Madelinehere-Welcome..I'm sure that once your partner sees what you are wanting to eat there will be changes in the shopping list:drinker:

Caminogirl- So good to see you back, congrats on finishing that schooling:flowerforyou:

Colleen- Good for you on making good choices eating out:drinker:

Michele- I'm so surprised to read that you bought a cake:noway: when you bake so much I thought I had read it wrong:laugh:

This morning the scale was once again kind...but I actually feel like it's teasing me because it's Friday:huh: and that means I have the next 2.5 days to work on keeping myself in check...and since I seem to be failing this EVERY weekend:noway: I'm going into this one determined to do it right. The weather here is supposed to be really nice for the weekend so I'm sure we will be getting in some bike rides...the test is the meals...I know I can...I KNOW I can...I KNOW I CAN...EAT RIGHT:bigsmile: I will break out my new Kettlebell DVD's this weekend too so that should help too.

Yesterday I was able to get all the quarterly reports done and the Chapter 11 reports for my boss done, so today I'm going to work on cleaning up my desk, so Monday I can attack it all over again.

Peanut is at the vet today for him Comprehensive Exam, poor thing so hates going to the Vet. I know they treat him good there but he really doesn't like it. He is 12 so him getting slower is to be expected but it's so hard to see:cry: We will go and pick him up some time late this afternoon and then he will want to cuddle on our laps for the evening, so we will probably put in another DVD with Downton Abbey...we are loving that series...just wish Season 3 wasn't do far in the future (Jan 2013):grumble:

Everyone have a good day, log your food, drink your water:drinker: and let's get moving.

Laura80111:smile: