Eating Disorder Recovery (A Different Sort of Success Story)

Options

Replies

• abchelseaxo
    Options
    I'm fighting bulimia right now. Sometimes I use MFP in the healthy way it's intended, however, more often then not, I don't. It's a struggle. It's good to know this can be beaten, eventually & that I'm not the only one on here who had to deal with the voices in my head.

Thank you :)
  • knrob
    knrob Posts: 65
    Options
    Congrats! Thank you so much for sharing your success story! Keep smiling!!!!!
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    You are an angel for sharing your beautiful story. I know that this will help MANY.
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    You have an amazing story, and a fabulous attitude!! Congratulations on your journey to recovery! <Applause and Cheers> :flowerforyou: However, you are dead wrong about one detail. You aren't average looking at all... you're STUNNING! Truly, truly! And you're going to help a lot of people by being vulnerable enough to post this! Have a wonderful day :heart: :heart:
  • Redbird99ky
    Redbird99ky Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    reserved
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    You are one courageous woman! A beautiful and strong woman! Thanks for sharing your story and photo...you are beautiful. Keep strong and when you don't feel strong lean on your loved ones to lift you up! Hugs to you!
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your very personal triumph. I do not starve myself or make myself vomit to lose weight, I am an over eater. I called and made an appointment to see a psychologist/hypnotist but the wait is nearly 6 months away. I know I have the desire and strenghth to eat the right foods. I do well during the day and fall apart at night and on the weekends. Like most I can be strong for so long an then slide right back into old unhealthy habits. I don't understand why I'm letting myself fail. I don't feel like I need a nutritionist or a Weight Watcher's meeting. But I do need a little something...

I set the money aside for the appointment but I'm hoping to not have to use it. I want to get my *kitten* together on my own but if I am struggling...and I'm not afraid to let someone (a professional) help.
  • Candi8099
    Candi8099 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I have never had a struggle to where I didn't eat enough food, however I do commend you for being able to tell your story. You will inspire others whom are going through this & haven't seen the greener grass quite yet. You are much stronger than most and you have a beautiful smile! Congratulations! Such an accomplishment already. Good Luck on the rest of your jourmey! YOU CAN DO IT! :flowerforyou:
  • beckyhope
    beckyhope Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. I love the way you wrote this and how honest you are being. It's so hard to change those negative thoughts. Even for me, I haven't had an ED but I still constantly battle those negative thoughts that tell me that my worth is dependent on the number on the scale. You look so happy, keep going!
  • des24rob
    des24rob Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Such a wonderful post! Thank you for sharing! So often I forget about how some people are not struggling with how many calories to cut back on but how many to consume. You look great, sound great and I wish you the best in your future road to recovery. <3
  • Redbird99ky
    Redbird99ky Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful post from a beautiful lady. It takes courage to be so frank on a message board such as this, but by doing so, you have shared a little bit of your experience, strength, and hope with all of us. Someone who reads this post may be helped, and that is a priceless value in and of itself.

The road of recovery is a lifelong one, with many bumps in it, but the biggest 'bump' is in that first step - admitting that you have a problem, and that your life is out of control.

It is apparent that you have found the freedom that can only come from surrender, the confidence that comes from humility, and the self-worth that comes from self-lessness. Congratulations on coming to terms with yourself and FINALLY being able to love yourself. My wish for you is that God will continue to bless you throughout your recovery. You are an inspiration to all of us.
  • laurelderry
    laurelderry Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think you are devastatingly beautiful. That smile would light up a whole room!

I'm so very happy for you, and even though I suffered a different type of eating disorder, I know how it feels to come through it fighting and to finally feel 'normal' :smile:

Hugs from Ireland! xxx

I have to agree with the above poster.

From someone who has been where you're coming from also- I understand. Isn't it ironic how trying to have so much control resulted in so little? Congrats to you, and keep up the great work of healing your body and your mind!
  • punkrockprincess23
    punkrockprincess23 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    congratultions honey! you look great and you have courage.
  • toffee322
    toffee322 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    i love what you wrote!
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Wow, I loved this.
    Made me a little teary eyed actually.

I'm so proud of you!
    This is honestly so inspiring.

Much love you're way<33
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Beautiful post, and you look fantastic.
  • MemphisMarly
    Options
    I'm proud of you!

I've stayed with a dear friend during the same struggles toward recovery for nearly a decade. I'm really happy for you that you have found your happiness again and that you are sharing your story.

My friend is doing much better these days, but she has had relapses during periods of great stress. She says that she wishes she knew years ago what she knows today, about the struggles and pain and damage to her own health, and not just to the health of other people as statistics.

I'm glad you are realistic and understand that recovery is a long journey. You won't always be smiling, and that's OK. Just don't forget how you felt on the day that picture was taken.
  • Boo_2806
    Boo_2806 Posts: 9
    Options
    Congratulations! You look beautiful, thank you for sharing your story :)
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    You're beautiful & your smile is contagious! Congratulations!
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful smile! Thanks for sharing your story!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!