Replies

• missjones93
    missjones93 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Motivational quote that could apply to the rest of your life.. (:
  • EmilyV80
    EmilyV80 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm getting a cherry blossom tree on my side. Can't wait.

That's what I got! You can see part of it in my ticker.
  • HighenSugar
    Options
    How about an image of the pre-weight loss you!

A permanent reminder and better than sticking it on the fridge door :smile:

If I wanted people to see a "fat me" I wouldn't be losing weight!!

I would look for a design or phrase and then hang it by the scale or refrigerator. Not only will you see it every day for motivation, you can also make sure that you STILL like looking at it day-after-day, since, you know, tattoos are usually a permanent choice :smile:
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    How about text that is super scrunched up and unreadable, but if expanded it would read "If you can read this, you're getting too fat again"?
  • julia80
    julia80 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I went and got a new tattoo last week, I blame you all for encouraging me!
  • monkeymomof3
    monkeymomof3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I went and got a new tattoo last week, I blame you all for encouraging me!

What'd you get?! I can't wait to get mine! Have a pic?!
  • samantha2224
    Options
    Im getting this next week for my pre weight loss, I listen to this song while working out and it just gets me going! Man In The Mirror So Im getting this on my arm

Take A Look At Yourself And
    Then Make That...
    CHANGE
  • kbc525
    kbc525 Posts: 149
    Options
    Hiya hunny. what about a motivational phrase that you got you through your workout so you know you will continue to use it and apply it to the rest:heart: of your life

this ^ is what i have done in the past - and I plan on doing it again!
  • MarincicS
    MarincicS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    If I do manage to get to my gw, I'm thinking about getting a small moth tattoo on my rib. I really like moths and I feel a strange bond to them.

WHEN you get to your goal weight. NOT if, WHEN!!!
  • MarincicS
    MarincicS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I got a tattoo on my foot about 6 years ago. I was leaving New Zealand where i had been living for 2 years and really wanted a traditional Maori moko, but my foot was the only place on my body i didn't hate and wanted to be seen.

I never really thought about a reward tattoo until reading this, but a healthy, fit body really opens up the options! So maybe i'll reward myself with a trip back to NZ to visit my Maori tattoo artist and "get some more work done!"

Great ideas here!
  • concerto3
    concerto3 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    When I hit my 75% goal, which will be about 150lbs, I plan to get a few small pieces done.
    Patience with 7 & 6 done under it in roman numerals, for the baby I couldn't keep... (Not sure of the positioning for this one yet...)

Always - Likely on my left wrist (A nod to my favorite books)

Make Them Nervous - on my right forearm - Something I saw, Impress The Men, Embarrass the Boys, Make Them Nervous! I always used to walk into any situation, afraid of judgement, afraid of everyone, nervous as hell. Now I want to be the one radiating so much confidence everyone else gets nervous when I enter a room.

'May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favour' on the back of my neck.

And the big one, when I reach my ultimate goal, will be a series of cherry blossom branches on my torso in several places, I have a picture of it somewhere. Possibly One Blossom to represent a certain amount of weight.

Other ideas I've toyed with include: Getting 1 object for every single pound I've lost, like 100 stars, 100 hearts, 100 anything really. For me, My goal tattoo will be a representation of the last time I let my weight cause me any pain. Tattoos Hurt! And these 100lbs have hurt me more over the past decade than anything ever has, or ever will again.

Other ideas for quotes and etc other people may like:

Pressure Makes Diamonds

(The rest are in Latin, I strongly suggest checking the spellings first if you want to use one!)
    Orta Recens Qvam Pvra Nites - Newly Risen How Brightly You Shine (Still LOVE this one!!!)

Memores Acti Prvdentes Fvtvri - Mindful of what has been done, Aware of what will be

Odi Et Amo - I hate and I love

Semper ad meliora - Always toward better things

non semper erit aestas - It will not always be summer (This one has a neat weightloss connatation to it, in the sense everyone packs on weight over the winter, and gets in shape over the summer, but why the hell keep doing that?!)

Perfer et obdura; dolor hic ti bi proderit olim - Be Patient and Tough; Someday this pain will be useful to you

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or I will make one

Memento audere semper - Remember to be always daring

Nil satis nisi optimum - Nothing but the best is good enough
  • nattief83
    nattief83 Posts: 35
    Options
    http://www.shutterstock.com/pic.mhtml?id=75550711

This is my inspiration pic that iv been showing to the tattooists toda y.
    BUT im takin the apple out and putting in a cup cake instead and changing the pic slightly colourwise and size of things etc
    I wanna think of it as u CAN have ur cake and eat it and and still LOOSE weight. as thats how iv done it. i eat chocolate and cake and all sorts but i work it off and i drink plenty of fluid and iv lost weight and inches still.
    Tattooists have all thought it was gr8 and very unique and tells my story greatly. Its gonna cost about £150 to have it done but will so be worth it. 11 more lbs and its allllll mine! and if i loose more after the 11 well bonus but 11lbs is my goal. Guess i best start workin on it now then lol
    What do u all think? u gotta use ur imagination a lil bit as that pic is as close as i could get to be able to show the tattooists a rough idea of what i wanted but they will custom draw it me as im no good at art in the slightest lol
  • echoica
    echoica Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Last week I got 7 silouette crows flying across my upper back...

1fa9o2.jpg

It was supposed to be a reward for hitting 100 lbs but I suck at waiting :P the largest crow also covered up an old butterfly tattoo I had

I'm thinking about a cherry blossom tree going up one side of my back at goal...but not committed to it. I would love to get a foot tattoo of some sort as well...perhaps hope in gaelic
  • vanderandkarl
    Options
    i have 9 tattoo already but when i reach goal i am having a new one

when i get my 10% i a having a % sign in a heart on my ankle

when i reach 10 stone getting believe and a butterfly on my shoulder blade

when i get to my target weight i am having freedom wrote on my hip with something i ent sure yet maybe a dragon or flowers and vines

just remember to really think about what you want as its there for life i waited 12 years for one of mine which is Black Sabbath wrote on my back in the shape of a cross i love it but am too fat to show it off at the moment but when slim will get it gone over again and added too so i can show it off x

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR JOURNEYS XX
  • nattief83
    nattief83 Posts: 35
    Options
    stock-photo-diet-diabetes-weight-loss-concept-with-tape-measure-organic-green-apple-pink-dumbbels-and-natural-75550711.jpg

Following on from my above post, this is the inspiration behind my goal tattoo i want but im swapping apple for a cake and changing the colour and other lil bits of it all
  • FromFat2Fab
    FromFat2Fab Posts: 101
    Options
    You know how people get little ribbons just round a wrist or ankle? How about a measuring tape? haha that sounds silly but I bet it would look good when drawn by a professional :P
    Or how about a little dumbell/bike/some other sport or fitness that you used on your journey (if you did)?

Also, I agree, DO NOT GET A PICTURE OF YOUR FAT SELF. Haha.

I love the measuring tape idea
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!