Can i move to USA with my degree?

Options
1235»

Replies

• AndrewXB9
    AndrewXB9 Posts: 114
    Options
    Oh, one more thing. It's now well documented the UK is pushing through laws where the Government can see all web browsing, messages and emails of everyone within the UK. I don't want to be a part of that.

Two things you need to google then:

US Patriot Act
    National Defense Authorization Act

The US has had the ability to spy on its citizens via internet in the name of "anti-terrorism" for a long time. The US also now has the right to hold American citizens in military detention indefinitely without trial.

Hmm I see. Thanks for the info.
  • AndrewXB9
    Options
    Is there anymore info available out there?
  • karmaticgeek
    Options
    Oh, one more thing. It's now well documented the UK is pushing through laws where the Government can see all web browsing, messages and emails of everyone within the UK. I don't want to be a part of that.

US Patriot Act

The US has had the ability to spy on its citizens via internet in the name of "anti-terrorism" for a long time. The US also now has the right to hold American citizens in military detention indefinitely without trial.

Yeah, I've been reading the news about our lovely coalition government's plans too but going to the States ain't exactly going to help. I hear Canada's nice this time of year...
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options

US Patriot Act

Yeah, I've been reading the news about our lovely coalition government's plans too but going to the States ain't exactly going to help. I hear Canada's nice this time of year...
    no its not.
    its still cold there.
    eventually its not cold, just long enough to consider it almost warm
    then its cold again.
    and theres snow.
    moose. (whatever the plural for moose is.. mooses? )
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

US Patriot Act

no its not.
    its still cold there.
    then its cold again.
    and theres snow.

moose is plural for moose.... just like deer.
  • karmaticgeek
    Options
    no its not.
    its still cold there.
    then its cold again.
    and theres snow.

Ok, Australia then. I could learn to live with the man-eating crocodiles and killer spiders, I guess.
  • AndrewXB9
    Options

US Patriot Act

no its not.
    its still cold there.
    then its cold again.
    and theres snow.

much like Scotland then lol
  • gaberieger
    Options
    Game development is tricky. If you are an artist ... it is very hard to break into the big time unless you just have that natural talent - and to be honest, your degree is not going to matter. Companies will hire artists, not 4.0 students. Just reality.

If you are a programmer, then yah - game, or whatever, jobs are a dime a dozen.

If you make it over, come look around here in Texas. I think you'd really enjoy the lifestyle Austin affords, and there are many small gaming type start-up (and mature) companies there.

Good luck.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options

US Patriot Act

no its not.
    its still cold there.
    then its cold again.
    and theres snow.

yea, they're also both hard to understand...

atleast the scottish accent is cooler...
  • lakersfan4life
    lakersfan4life Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you either way. As you say, it is very, very difficult to get into this country. LEGALLY

Edited for correctness
  • AndrewXB9
    Options

US Patriot Act

no its not.
    its still cold there.
    then its cold again.
    and theres snow.

yea, they're also both hard to understand...

atleast the scottish accent is cooler...

Everyone in Scotland hates their accent, everyone in the UK hates our accent..... But every time I go to America they love it! Weird.
  • AndrewXB9
    Options
    Game development is tricky. If you are an artist ... it is very hard to break into the big time unless you just have that natural talent - and to be honest, your degree is not going to matter. Companies will hire artists, not 4.0 students. Just reality.

If you are a programmer, then yah - game, or whatever, jobs are a dime a dozen.

If you make it over, come look around here in Texas. I think you'd really enjoy the lifestyle Austin affords, and there are many small gaming type start-up (and mature) companies there.

Good luck.

Thank you.

And yes, it would most likely be Java based programming
  • AndrewXB9
    Options
    Bump