T.H.E. (Trying Hard Every day) Team - Week 17

Options
adopt4
adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
Wow, 17 weeks some of us have been part of this wonderful group, the rest of us, not as long! If you are new - WELCOME! We weigh in on Fridays, and post results, feel free to join us. We're here for support, encouragement, and sometimes Lulu has to whack one of us with her slipper.... We're all at different stages of our weight loss, and our lives, but we're all in this together!

New members always welcome! Come check us out and introduce yourself!

New thread starts each week on Fridays in the motivation and support category. A link to the new thread will be provided at the end of the previous weeks thread.

Name~ Start Weight/ Goal Weight/ Current Weight/ total weeks Loss or gain amount
Name- Start BMI/ Current BMI/ total loss or gain this week (May's challenge)

MontmorencyStairs-Anon.jpg

Cathedral-Crags-Confucius1.jpg

Replies

• manda1111
    manda1111 Posts: 113
    Options
    Good mroning :tongue:

SW198, GW135, CW 177 = 1lbs loss

This week was crazy. I managed to do yoga every day but didn't get in the cardio. I only have one more week of school and then I am out for the summer. I'm looking forward to more time to focuse on me and my goals for myself. Have a great week end :happy:
  • indianagranny
    indianagranny Posts: 863
    Options
    manda1111 - SW198, GW135, CW 177 = 1lbs loss
    indianagranny sw216.2/gw160/cw188.2 - no gain no loss
    indianagranny sbmi31.6/gbmiunder29/cbmi3o.4 same

I am all right with this week - once during the week the scale showed 187 but hey I managed to maintain so we will see if these numbers can't be changed this week. I already put in 9 minutes of weights and planning on walking with a friend as soon as I get off here. My other goals for today are lots of exercising, making a menu for all next week so I can get to store tomorrow - THIS WILL BE A GREAT WEEK FOR ME IN THE EXERCISING DEPARTMENT. If I list my plans or goals for the week on here, it seems like I do better with sticking to the plan - so for a few days - it is going to be baby steps and I am going to list them daily. My BMI went down 1.2 for the month - I am only 2.3 getting out of obesse catergory. So time to kick it in gear again.

manda1111 - Congratulations girl. You are really doing great. Keep up the good work.

Talk to you all later
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Adopt4 - Sorry I forgot to say that I really like the start to the thread this week. Great images and captions. Thanks for your time and work to do this. You and LI4G bothdo a good job.
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    adopt4...Very impressive opening to the week! I love the pictures.
    manda...I don't see you very often, but nice to see you today.
    indianagranny...You're an inspiration, with your determination to rise above whatever obstacle is put into your path. I'm sure that your strength will carry your friend through the hardest days. Such a blessing that he has you for comfort and support.

I'm about 2 hours away from my weigh-in.
    With this stupid fibromyalgia, I'm usually up very early. I can only sleep for 4 or 5 hours...most days. But it takes me an hour or two to be able to move around, get dressed, etc. Once my daughter heads off to school, I'll s-l-o-w-l-y get my rear in gear...get on the scales...

Ah yes...I absolutely know that my sister is feeling jealous. She doesn't handle anyone's success very well. (It's not just me...) She landed in a money pot, when she married for the second time, and the family says GOOD FOR HER!...and we mean it. She seems to need the status and recognition that goes along with wealth...
    And, don't get me wrong...I love her to pieces. I admire who she is. She's very dynamic, witty, outgoing...
    But she can also be catty. And she seems to have a real need to be the "outstanding" one...so if I (11 months older) manage to get into tip-top shape, that's going to threaten her...in some obscure way.
    She's this way about the fibromyalgia, too. She forgets that I've worked super-hard all of my life...usually at 2 or 3 jobs at a time, taking in boarders as well, just so that my kids never suffered the stigma of being children of a single parent...
    And when this illness floored me, most of my family went into shock. I was the one with the motto: Energy begets energy. Because that's what I always believed. I could work 60 hours a week, keep my house spotless, and still find time and energy to socialize.
    So this new me...in pain, staying home, zippo energy...it was a big shock.
    But my sister...lol...If she hears that I'm experiencing pain, will say "Well, that's to be expected. We're in our 50s now. The best way to fight it is to stay active..."
    (Which, in the case of fibromyalgia, is untrue. On the one hand, you have to be moderately active, but when something starts to hurt, you have to STOP...because you can't walk off a cramp or a muscle spasm...You'll only aggravate it and make it much worse...)

Look at me...Going on and on this morning. Huh. I'd better go and find something to do with my time.
  • roxie17
    roxie17 Posts: 71
    Options
    Hi - I am new. I have been playing around on the site this week and enjoyed it. Today is my "Day 1" to loose the last 10 pounds.

Thank you for the inspirational posts - I have restarted my journey to loose the last 10 several times, picking myself up and starting over!

Hope everyone has a good week!
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Great Start Adopt4.. And you know I still have that box in my Tahoe, do you still want the size 20 jeans I have?

I am off to start my morning.. I will check back in when I weigh.
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Good morning team! I am here pretty early for me, have to be at work early this morning - we are having a surprise audit, only a day's notice, so I have a lot to do. I wanted to weigh in and say hi, Nita, I see you're up already, :drinker: We'll have to catch up tomorrow, darn it. Adopt4 ditto what Nita said, nice way to start. Cyndee, Lisa good morning, and roxie WELCOME!!! Glad you have you with us.

Ok, ready for the drum roll.............................

stillkristi sw 461/gw 195/ cw 396 - 5 lbs lost YAY!!!!!!!
    stillkristi sbmi 66.1/ gbmi under 60 /cbmi 56.8
  • indianagranny
    Options

CONGRATULATIONS KRISTI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET THE HAPPY DANCES BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUITE AN INSPIRATION YOU ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Good Morning Team,

I haven't gone to my Fathers to weigh in as of yet but I will this afternoon..

I just wanted to say CONGRTS KRISTI here is your Happy dance....

happydance3.gif

We are all so proud of you Keep up your GREAT WORK!!!

sheila
  • prayerfulmom
    prayerfulmom Posts: 409
    Options
    prayerfulmom-sw277, GW 164, CW234.6=-.4

Way to go loser and maintainers. Taking hat off to Kristi. I think you should celebrate your victory with a pedicure or a bracelet or something=)

.4 for me. Happy with that. Remember my goal is 1/2 a lb a week due to my health issues.

Great exercise week for me: strength training x2, Water skiing, Kayaking 5 hours, swimming, cycling x3, running x2, walking ....endless; I love to walk.
  • cyndeebee
    Options
    Okay...Weigh-in time.

SW: 136 GW: 115 Last week: 131.6 CW: 130.5 - 1 pound lost
    BMI Last week - 24.1 CBMI: 23.9

That's it for me...
  • adopt4
    Options
    cyndeebee - SW: 136 GW: 115 Last week: 131.6 CW: 130.5 - 1 pound lost
    adopt4 - SW 273/GW 165/CW 240.5 - 1pound gain
    BMI same

Kristi- when I read your weight, I yelled "Yeah!" and threw my arms up in the air (scared my kids eating their breakfast, LOL). So glad you're in the new catagory!!! YGG U R AWESOME!

So I'm up a pound, but surprisingly, I'm ok with that. I was not logging or exercising for 5 days, and I know I went over on the weekend... and I think it's not really a whole pound gained, just water weight, because I feel "sloshy". But I'm ok with it.

Now that I've accepted that my 10 pounds per month time is over, and that I"m going to be losing slowly from now on, I'm more ok with my weight. Going shopping today for some cute clothes on sale so I have enough to get me thru the summer. Will buy them tight enough so that if I lose and drop a size that they will still work. I really need tshirts as mine are all falling off me (bought them oversized to begin with, so they're really big on me now). So if I lose 10 pounds over the summer - I"m ok with that. Because I am not quitting, I am not giving up. I am having fun exercising and seeing what new things I can do that I thought I could never do. I surprise myself in what I can do even at this weight. I surprise myself when I outlast the skinny people in a class at the gym and try harder than they do. And I think that's true of all of us - I look at indianagranny, who despite hurdles in life that would destroy weaker people - pushes on. Kristi who is at a weight where it seems hopeless so why bother (at least that's how I felt at my highest) - pushes on. Does what she can and every day can do more and more. Cyndee - who struggles with a disease I can't imagine on a daily basis - pushes on. prayerfulmom who runs a dang MARATHON. manda and chanty who go to school (with chanty planning a wedding) but are still on here letting us know how they're doing and keeping accountable. nitag who pushes on, encourages everyone constantly. swignal and dwray who are exercising queens! losingit who goes to the gym and THEN works on her yard all day... lulubar and her amazing padded slipper that she uses when necessary....and so on...what an amazing group...

so for the new people who join this thread, if you need inspiration - just take a look at who this group is!
  • adopt4
    Options
    Oh and I have to add - sorry my previous post is so long - the stairs quote reminded me of something someone said last week on how people are jealous of our success but then - oh no, I don't need to exercise... they're standing there waiting for the elevator to success while the rest of us in this group and pushing, climbing those stairs one at a time, sometimes we have to sit on a stair and rest - but we NEVER give up.
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    bump. will report later! :wink:
  • cyndeebee
    Options
    adopt4: Your words are very inspirational!
    And I love what you wrote about "never giving up." That seems to be the common bond in our group.

It doesn't matter if we don't see a drop in the scales every week. We will see it...eventually!
    And even more important, I think we all see how we're evolving, as people, and becoming more self-confident...and happier!

I love my group...:heart:
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Kelli - wow, you said that so well. Thanks so much all of you for your support! And, you're right - there were days I thought my weight had gotten out of my control - that I would never be able to fix it, so why try. There were a lot of those days. Then, the first person I met on MFP was you. And you suggested I come here to this thread. Thank you my dear friend. You can't know how much that means to me.

Love you!

Love all you guys and gals! Yay, lets dance!!

You know what especially cool about this happy dance?? I can actually do it myself. WOW.
  • prayerfulmom
    prayerfulmom Posts: 409
    Options
    BMI same

Kristi- when I read your weight, I yelled "Yeah!" and threw my arms up in the air (scared my kids eating their breakfast, LOL). So glad you're in the new catagory!!! YGG U R AWESOME!

So I'm up a pound, but surprisingly, I'm ok with that. I was not logging or exercising for 5 days, and I know I went over on the weekend... and I think it's not really a whole pound gained, just water weight, because I feel "sloshy". But I'm ok with it.

Now that I've accepted that my 10 pounds per month time is over, and that I"m going to be losing slowly from now on, I'm more ok with my weight. Going shopping today for some cute clothes on sale so I have enough to get me thru the summer. Will buy them tight enough so that if I lose and drop a size that they will still work. I really need tshirts as mine are all falling off me (bought them oversized to begin with, so they're really big on me now). So if I lose 10 pounds over the summer - I"m ok with that. Because I am not quitting, I am not giving up. I am having fun exercising and seeing what new things I can do that I thought I could never do. I surprise myself in what I can do even at this weight. I surprise myself when I outlast the skinny people in a class at the gym and try harder than they do. And I think that's true of all of us - I look at indianagranny, who despite hurdles in life that would destroy weaker people - pushes on. Kristi who is at a weight where it seems hopeless so why bother (at least that's how I felt at my highest) - pushes on. Does what she can and every day can do more and more. Cyndee - who struggles with a disease I can't imagine on a daily basis - pushes on. prayerfulmom who runs a dang MARATHON. manda and chanty who go to school (with chanty planning a wedding) but are still on here letting us know how they're doing and keeping accountable. nitag who pushes on, encourages everyone constantly. swignal and dwray who are exercising queens! losingit who goes to the gym and THEN works on her yard all day... lulubar and her amazing padded slipper that she uses when necessary....and so on...what an amazing group...

so for the new people who join this thread, if you need inspiration - just take a look at who this group is!

Niceley stated!
  • adopt4
    Options
    Ok, I took a step aerobics class. Kicked my butt but I kept trying, kept laughing at myself going the wrong direction at the wrong time or kicking the wrong foot... oh well. I outweighed everyone in the class by over 125 pounds. I'm strangely proud of that - that I was even there. Couldn't do everything, my heart rate would go up too high and i'd march in place for a minute or two until it came down - but i didn't quit. Burned 1412 calories... guess I don't have to worry about my cals today, LOL.

Shower - feed the boys - then SHOPPING!!! :happy:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    BMI same
    Losingit4good- SW 251/GW 175/ Last week 219.2/ CW 217.8 Lost 1.5 pounds this week
    SBMI 30.2/ CMBI 29.7

Got in an hour on the elliptical this morning. Felt great to get a good sweat going. Its gonna be a warm one here int he Pacific Northwest for May with a high of 89. Sooooo glad for the air conditioned gym and kitchen! LOL Gotta go shower before the rugrats get here. Should be here in about 15 minutes or so and then I gotta get decorating on the cake also. Will comment more later on everyone, Im just short on time right now. (((((((((((((((hugs to my teamies)))))))))))))))))))
  • cyndeebee
    Options
    Totally off-the-wall question here, but I'm curious...

adopt4...How old are your boys? I'm an adopted mommy, too, although mine is a "kindship" adoption.