T.H.E. (Trying Hard Every day) Team - Week 17

Options

Replies

• adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone. Cyndee, I think you gave good advice, she does seem to be "drunk with the power". Stupid girl. I'm so sorry you have to go thru this Sheila. And YES go to the doc. It's probably just stress but just in case...

Can't remember who made the observation but you were right, seems like after a hard holiday weekend everyone got right back on track! impressive, people!!!

I went to the doc yesterday (regularly scheduled appt) but I told her about my "problem" and she suggested 35 mg of fiber a day. I looked it up on MFP and it said only 18!!! Daily recommended is 25-30. Not sure why mine was so low??? Well it would certainly EXPLAIN a lot, LOL. So just a suggestion, everyone, check your fiber intake on MFP! After getting one son off to school, have to go get an xray to make sure that nothing is seriously wrong with my intestines and then off to the gym with the trainer. Need to pick up some fiber pills in the meantime till I figure out how to add that much fiber to my diet using food. Need to go to the grocery store anyway later today, out of salad which is sad! I love my prepackaged salads, It's only about 2 servings and then I can have something totally new and different. That's been my new thing, salads with the dressing and fixins already in there... I used to hate salads, now i love those things...

I wussed out yesterday at the gym, didn't get to go until mid afternoon, it was so hot and humid here (sorry for you Canada folks!) and so I only did 38 mins cardio. I was just miserable. Burned enough cals to stay within my cals for the day, and knew today would be a big workout day. But still, I wussed out because I was "too hot". What a baby!!! I would kick my hubby's butt if he used that excuse! No more going in the afternoons for me, I have to make sure and get there in the mornings so I don't wuss out!

Oh and April, not sure if I said this before and I'm too lazy to look back and see - indiana is right, don't just look at the scale, look at your measurements. I hit a plateau and didn't lose any weight for a month - but started working out with a trainer and lost an entire pant size! I lost inches although the scale didn't show it...
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Okay Team, I am back from the gym!!! yep I went.. I only did the elliptical for 25 minutes because my calf is bothering me.. but then I did my weights I spent about 1 1/2 hours t the gym.. I also walked on the tredmill for 25.. man my legs are killing me.. on the elliptical it was my calf and on the tredmill it was my shin both of them in my legt leg..

I do feel a little better...

I did decide not to even call my son this really isnt worth me stressing over..When he decides to call me and talk to me like I am his mother..and without her yelling and screaming in the background and hanging up on me..Then I might listen but for now they both can be misserable with each other...

sheila
  • prayerfulmom
    prayerfulmom Posts: 409
    Options
    Morning everyone. Cyndee, I think you gave good advice, she does seem to be "drunk with the power". Stupid girl. I'm so sorry you have to go thru this Sheila. And YES go to the doc. It's probably just stress but just in case...

Can't remember who made the observation but you were right, seems like after a hard holiday weekend everyone got right back on track! impressive, people!!!

I went to the doc yesterday (regularly scheduled appt) but I told her about my "problem" and she suggested 35 mg of fiber a day. I looked it up on MFP and it said only 18!!! Daily recommended is 25-30. Not sure why mine was so low??? Well it would certainly EXPLAIN a lot, LOL. So just a suggestion, everyone, check your fiber intake on MFP! After getting one son off to school, have to go get an xray to make sure that nothing is seriously wrong with my intestines and then off to the gym with the trainer. Need to pick up some fiber pills in the meantime till I figure out how to add that much fiber to my diet using food. Need to go to the grocery store anyway later today, out of salad which is sad! I love my prepackaged salads, It's only about 2 servings and then I can have something totally new and different. That's been my new thing, salads with the dressing and fixins already in there... I used to hate salads, now i love those things...

I wussed out yesterday at the gym, didn't get to go until mid afternoon, it was so hot and humid here (sorry for you Canada folks!) and so I only did 38 mins cardio. I was just miserable. Burned enough cals to stay within my cals for the day, and knew today would be a big workout day. But still, I wussed out because I was "too hot". What a baby!!! I would kick my hubby's butt if he used that excuse! No more going in the afternoons for me, I have to make sure and get there in the mornings so I don't wuss out!

Oh and April, not sure if I said this before and I'm too lazy to look back and see - indiana is right, don't just look at the scale, look at your measurements. I hit a plateau and didn't lose any weight for a month - but started working out with a trainer and lost an entire pant size! I lost inches although the scale didn't show it...

Slowly add that fiber in or you (no your family) will resent it=)

Fiber 1 bars are yummy and 9 grams of fiber.
  • aprilrenee71
    Options
    So do you think the calories burned for cleaning is accurate? I sure hope so because cleaning burns more then walking. Also what do they mean by eating your exercise calories? Dose that defeat the purpose? I worked super hard today and was thinking of skipping my walk but I am going to go anyways.
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    So do you think the calories burned for cleaning is accurate? I sure hope so because cleaning burns more then walking. Also what do they mean by eating your exercise calories? Dose that defeat the purpose? I worked super hard today and was thinking of skipping my walk but I am going to go anyways.

Im gonna let adopt4 explain this one to ya because I am short on time (30 minutes to get to my water aerobics class) and she is really good at explaining it anyways. But the short answer is.. yes, eat your exercise calories.

Just wanted to share this quick picture of my opa baby from this morning. He is such a laid back dude! He just sat thier in the palm of my hand staring at me, so hubby snapped this pic with his phone.

layedbackopa.jpg
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Hi

LI4G - good picture.

Adopt4 - do add that fiber slowly. mine too is set at 18 but often I go over here. fiber is just one I didn't worry about too much.

April - I too will let Adopt4 explain about exercise calories but I will add experiment with the situation. Try something for a while and if you stall in losing weight , then do something different. for example, if you start by eating all your exercise calories and it quits after a while - back down and eat maybe half. If you don't understand, ask questions - everyone is here to help.

Jamie - missing you.I bet you are just super busy.

Renayeb - what is doing on in your life girl?

Anita - hope today was a better day? my exercising hasn't been great the last two days but for some reason when I read your exercise post of a morning - I always get up to go do mine.

Cyndeebee - I always appeciate your posts. keep 'em coming.

Kristi - HI - what's up girl? You still getting those exercises in?

Lulu - are you home yet?

Maria - How are your days going?

Sheila - Just needed to say hi to you girl.

Well almost that time. I am in a much better mood tonight so should be okay. Terribly hot and mugggy here. Gonna storm.

GOOD NIGHT TTYL
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, checking in...I am having a hard time getting back into the swing of the work week. I'm just tired! Today I went to kickboxing right after work and we just got back from walking the dog. I went over in sodium today,ugh. Hope you all are having a good week!
    Jamie :flowerforyou:
  • adopt4
    Options

No way to know if it's accurate, it was for SOMEBODY when they entered it... you would need an HRM to know it.

As far as eating your exercise cals.... MFP already puts a daily calorie deficit in for you, if you put in to lose 2 pounds a week, it might put a 1000 calorie a day deficit, for 1.5 pounds, a 750 deficit.. etc. That takes into account what you need to survive and live your lifestyle (sedentary, active, whatever you chose). So if you also exercise, and create a SECOND deficit, then you can be harming your body. You don't want to put your body into starvation mode (considered less than 1200 net calories a day). The calorie count you need to pay attention to is net calories. Net calories = total calories eaten - (minus) exercise calories. MFP adds your exercise cals back in so that you don't go into starvation mode.

With the amount of weight you need to lose, you should probably start out eating all or most of your exercise cals. When you plateau, you can try dropping that number down to 3/4 or half for a few weeks to a month and see if that breaks the plateau. If you go the OTHER way, and don't eat your exercise cals now, you might lose weight but you will easily gain it back and then some if you ever eat like a normal person again (hence the reason "diets" never work). With MFP you are changing your lifestyle, and it creates a temporary deficit, and then when you get to your desired weight it tells you what calories you need to maintain that weight.

Here's the links that give you the whole lowdown:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/6832-eating-all-of-your-calories-bmr

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/8977-your-body-s-thoughts-on-calories

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/777-why-is-starvation-mode-so-bad
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    Hey gang!

I ate my heavy meal for lunch and then went walking after supper. Walked 2 hrs tonight! Yes, my feet are very sore. Tomorrow will be my day off cardio. Going to check out gadgets on the weekend. Must have something to calculate the mileage!:grumble:

Nite all.
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    :smokin: 'Sup peeps????? Goodness you all have been busy, chatty, losing, and recruiting while I was away!

I am dead tired ~ 844 mile drive home and the last 200 miles were hyper-stressful due to rain, road construction and heavy traffic. I've read all the posts, so I'm all caught up, but too beat tonight to single out each teamie. HOWEVER, want to tell you how much I missed you and how great it was to read through everything and see the support and encouragement we all give each other - and to just be reminded what a HUGE part of this journey you all are to me:love::love: :love:

Welcome newbies!!!!

Okay, I'm going to unload my suitcase, put away all the fresh veggies I brought home from the farm. I can't wait to do laundry and get the goat hair off all my clothes! LOL.

My slipper is sooooo available again - I saw it mentioned, so I hope we are all Trying Hard Everyday!

Cyndee - your daughter is Laura-Lee ~ and my real name is LauriLea:bigsmile:

later gaters!
    lulu:heart:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    See!! I told ya she could do it better!! Good job adopt4!! :happy:

I hit water aerobics and Ive never seen the pool so empty for this class. 6 people total including myself and it was NICE! Plenty of room to actually do the class without stepping on the stupid vents in the deep end of the pool (where i gotta be because of my giraffe legs..lol) She did alot of arms and then we worked in the deep end with the noodles and did alot of ab, thigh, hip & butt exercises. Did that for an hour, then swam 35 second laps for 30 minutes. The sauna is finally fixed so I sat in there for 10 minutes. Im so happy that is back up and running, its been broken for over a month now!
    Anyway...it felt good to be in the pool for an hour and a half. My body is loving me right now! :)

Off to play with my babies, the kids are letting them wander around on the living room floor to get some exercise since they are getting up on all 4's and walking around. They are so uncoordinated and flop over alot, its really cute.
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Hey gang, forgot this morning I had to go to court with one of my clients, so I did not get to visit this am. Its been about a 13 hour day at work today. Been mostly good, but still a darn long day!

Kelli, I wore another of your blouses today, got lots of compliments. Thanks! You are really saving my butt! Really appreciate all the clothes.

Good eating day, good water consumption day, sucky exercise day. Gotta get to bed so I can get up early enough to exercise tomorrow. Love you guys.
  • adopt4
    Options
    lulu, you're back! hurray! was thinking you'd never get back!

kristi, glad you checked in, i was getting ready to hunt you down! :happy:

it's 11 pm here, and i am les miserables. doc says nothing wrong with my internal workins' just keep taking miralax until it works... hence another night of not sleeping because i can't get comfortable. son #1 has bad allergies so he was coughing, finally put him in our bed (seems to magically work for all sick and coughing kids) and so he's finally sleeping well.

Took son #3 to early intervention... magically he failed miserably on a bunch of things and qualifies for preschool next year, but amazingly he "passed" on all those things six months ago (they just didn't want another kid this year, I swear). But the good news is he's going to get the assistance he needs to catch up. I think I've described him as very "babyish". Well his comprehension is there but he doesn't want to learn to speak actual words, just his own language (not a real language just made up sounds). He also has very little self help skills... so we are relieved to know we'll get some help for him beyond what we know (which obviously isn't working!). That preschool worked wonders for son #1 last year... keeping my fingers crossed this kid gets the same teacher as my other son did, she was INCREDIBLE... to the point where when he was tested at the beginning of K he was above in all areas... and he was severely delayed the year before! She works magic on those kids!

Went a little over on cals today, like by 100... not really concerned about it, still gives me 650 cal deficit, plus it was for a glass of milk, big deal. My breakfast was raisin bran - 2 cups - and 2% milk - 2 cups - and that put me over on sugar already! So I'm not going to track the sugar right now... trying to get sodium and fat under first. man this is hard!
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Good morning to you...
    Good morning to you...
    Good morning everybody...
    Good morning to you!:yawn:

(That's a song I remember from Kindergarten. Way before "most of you's" time...)

Anyway, it's sunny here, so that boosts my morale. A lot...
    I finished the bathroom floor. Yay!
    Now I just have to finish up a bit of painting. My son is coming up for the weekend. That ought to motivate me.

About my daughter...Laura-Lee...
    Since I had her when I was young, and put her up for adoption...It means that her OTHER biological parent is out there...somewhere.
    Except...we always knew where he was.
    He lives about 10 miles away from LL...
    Biological Father (BF) had told me that if I ever met LL, he wanted to know about it.
    So when she and I were reunited, in the early 90s, I let him know...
    BF had since gotten married, so when I called, he cut me off very quickly, said he wasn't interested.
    NOW...The laws have changed. Adoption disclosure.
    Which means that my daughter has a right to access information about both of her birth parents...whether we like it or not.
    SHE has the right to veto access and information, but she chooses not to do that.
    Anyway, yesterday she wrote to me, and she said she'd like to avoid him, but she'd like to meet his mother (her birth grandmother), because she'd like her daughters to know their great-grandmother.
    (Are you still with me?)
    I did a Facebook search...and I located her aunt.
    I was originally going to write to her and merely ask her to get her brother (BF) to get in touch with me.
    But then...I got a bit crazy...and I told her why I wanted him to get in touch.
    So there. Now it's out there. Someone from BF's family is now aware that they have a niece/potential granddaughter.
    Was that wrong? Maybe...
    Do I care? Nope.
    I truly believe my daughter has a right to get in touch with her blood relatives. If they choose not to pursue it, that's fine...but they should at least know that she's in the world, has babies, wants to see where her genetic code comes from.
    So now I'm waiting...to see if her aunt...or her father...get in touch.
    Cross your fingers.
  • aprilrenee71
    Options
    healthymom-With a podometer they say 2000 steps is a mile. My Dr. told me to do 10,000 steps a day and that is 5 miles. I haven''t made it there yet only 7000 I have to work on that.
  • renayeb
    renayeb Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to share this quick picture of my opa baby from this morning. He is such a laid back dude! He just sat thier in the palm of my hand staring at me, so hubby snapped this pic with his phone.

layedbackopa.jpg

I dont care for cats but he is so stinkin cute.
    I like laid back pets. I've had a couple of kittens b4 but after about 8 mos they start getting on my nerves with there crappy attitudes.
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Lulu Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Your back ... You were so missed...

Cyndee good for you and for your daughter. You do whatever you feel is right.

Sheila how are you doing today???

Kristi I miss our morning chats, we've both become so busy we don't get that anymore : (

LI4G I so wanted an orange kitten, instead I have to twin terrorists:noway:

Adopt4, good job on the explaining and I agree with ya, unless a HRM is used we have no way of telling how many calories we've burned.. I love mine.. I don't know if its 100 % but I know its close..

Indiana I did have a much better day yesterday... My hair is all fixed but its a lot shorter than I like.. She cut off a lot.. I've always had really good hair, that is my ONE feature that I like:smile:

Healthymom - You look so good.. Keep it up...

Jamie - I know what ya mean about getting back in the groove of things, it's taken me a while.. Yesterday was my first true day of good eating and exercising... I went over on carbs, it was that damn Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwich : ( and I didn't actually eat enough but that's okay..

This morning I woke up to the wonderful TOM.. Dangit... So I know I will weigh in on Friday and won't have lost a thing.. But I will still drink that water, eat healthy and exercise...

Yesterday when I got home from work I was able to log on but no pages would open up, anyone else have issues last night??

Off for my morning walk...

Have a great day..

Anita
  • nitag
    Options
    healthymom-With a podometer they say 2000 steps is a mile. My Dr. told me to do 10,000 steps a day and that is 5 miles. I haven''t made it there yet only 7000 I have to work on that.

I am going to dig mine out and see what I get...
  • prayerfulmom
    prayerfulmom Posts: 409
    Options
    Lulu-welcome back! Missed ya.

Adopt4- praying for your plumbing=) Cool on the school.

LI4G-such a great workout. glad you enjoyed it!

cyndee-coming from an adopted child I have to say knowing my health history was very important to me. some connection worked and some didn't and that was ok with me. At least I have answers now. I have helped others reconnect and it wasn't so good. That of course is the risk we have to take for answers.

Kristi-hard to fit anything else in with 13 hour days lady. Hope you get some well deserved sleep and exercise if possible.

april-10,000 steps a day is a great goal. makes one a bit more intentional in their movement. You can do it!

Anita-glad the hair is corrected. I'm a hair girl too. My daughter is getting ready to start cosmotology school in august so I am looking forward to some weirdness while she practices for a while=)

Commuted by bicycle yesterday. Get's me 26 miles. It burns amazing calories. I seem to come in low on calories when i cycle. I love my bicycle. I have a specialized designed for a woman's body. The best purchase I've ever made regarding sports/exercise purchases. Can't commute the rest of the week. Will try to get in a run in the heat tonight in preperation for a 10k next month.....hopefully my hubby will be done doing shoveling compost into the second raised garden bed by the time I get home=)
  • nitag
    Options
    Prayerfulmom, 26 miles biking.. Holy cow.. Good for you.. I wish I could do that, I drive an hr and it's all highway driving.. I'd get killed.. I just about freaked about my hair.. It still isn't what I wanted and it's too short for me.. Round faces like mine need long hair....

Okay...

Exercise: 50 mins on the treadmill - very fast pace.. 3.5 at a 3.5% incline ---426 calories... I thought it would be more but I'll take it.... Woot woot.. I am back and no longer in my funk.. YEAH!!!!

Off to drink 16.9 ozs of water...

and get ready for work :grumble: :grumble: but I am off Friday for a 3 day weekend.....