T.H.E. (Trying Hard Every day) Team - Week 17

Options

Replies

• 4Maria
    4Maria Posts: 18
    Options
    Well day number 2 almost through! I feel very much on edge!... :mad: My kids are afraid to look at me, the older ones say I have a "crazed" look......watch out! I took my youngest for a walk....now we'll settle down for the night, This is usually the worst time of the day for me...I love to pick, pick, pick all night. I'll read, I think I have to change it up!:noway:
  • mbmomof4
    mbmomof4 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    hello all!!! i'm pretty new & spotted this group on the message board. i really liked the name of the support group, so i decided to check it out...

started 5/22/09

start weight - 181
    goal weight - 150
    current - 176 (5 lbs. lost!):happy:

start BMI - 31.1
    current BMI - 30.2
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Welcome mbmomof3!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will love this gang - GREAT MOTIVATION AND SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I was posting a medium length post and something happened to my computor and I lost it. Typical of my day. No time left to redo it right now. Gang, I hate to constantly be the problem child but right now pray I stick it out at work tonight. I am ten working days from perfect attendance and $150.00
    which is a payed day off but I might blow it just to make a point. My well being sound of mind is more important than this extra day off right now. Is that being stubborn and stupid to prove a point? We will see but I really don't feel like I can make it another ten working days there. Gotta roll - need gas in car and running late.

SEE YOU
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Welcome, newbies! Glad to see you!

Indiana, is $150 worth your sanity, your peace of mind? If it is, then cowboy up. But if it's not, and I don't think it is, then if you need time off then TAKE IT. Your mental health is important to your physical health....
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I already messed up my diet on the first day of the month. I had a giant salad bar w/ all the good stuff and light dressing. A bowl of soup and some mixed fruit. When I was finially able to eat I was famished and under so much stress. I hope I did not mess up to bad.
    My scale or tape measure is not moving, the last time I lost weight it went so quick. It seems harder this time. My old pants are fitting and that makes me happy so how? Any tips on how to jump start this again..? I want to lose 15 lbs by July 15 before my trip to Michigan.

April, even if you did go over on calories eating that salad bar, at least it was a salad bar and not a giant bowl of something else not healthy for you. Try not to beat yourself up too bad. We all have these days where we try hard and life just gets in the way. Make sure you are drinking in plenty of water. At a minimum of 8 cups. Get a water bottle and carry it with you everywhere and fill it up as soon as you drink it down. This way you always have it handy.

Also, my advice to you is to avoid the scale and the tape measure for a week. Its hard when you are first starting out, but your weight will fluctuate during the week due to many different factors (usually its just water!) and if you weigh each day it can be frustrating to see that scale bounce up and down. So... give your sanity a break and try for it once a week. This team weighs in or measures each Friday and reports to the group thier accomplishments and setbacks. It keeps us all in line and focused on our goals for the week.

Also, what are you doing for exercise?? I thought you said that you are walking.. right? Maybe try to find some weighted walking gloves to add to your walks. Youd be surprised how much even the 2lb weighted gloves work your arms or try doing some intervals while you walk (a couple minutes at your regular pace, then kick it up for a few minutes, then back to your regular pace again and repeat until your workout is over) I do this with walking/jogging which our team has coined as Wogging and it has made a huge difference for me.

:flowerforyou:
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Well day number 2 almost through! I feel very much on edge!... :mad: My kids are afraid to look at me, the older ones say I have a "crazed" look......watch out! I took my youngest for a walk....now we'll settle down for the night, This is usually the worst time of the day for me...I love to pick, pick, pick all night. I'll read, I think I have to change it up!:noway:

LOL This was SOOOOOOOOO much me when I first started this. My kids avoided me like the plauge for the first week because I was coming down off of a sugar & carb high and it took that long for my body to get rid of it. Dont worry, it does get better!!!

Things you can have to avoid picking up and eating the wrong things at the wrong time

Water
    Hot tea (green tea works awesome for detoxing)
    Ice chips

Find something to keep yer fingers busy. If you must, come here to the group and spill your guts... LOL We wont mind a bit, we've all been there and have our moments :drinker: I personally love to play monopoly on Pogo.com so if anyone is up for a game, lemme know!
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Welcome mbmomof3!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will love this gang - GREAT MOTIVATION AND SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I was posting a medium length post and something happened to my computor and I lost it. Typical of my day. No time left to redo it right now. Gang, I hate to constantly be the problem child but right now pray I stick it out at work tonight. I am ten working days from perfect attendance and $150.00
    which is a payed day off but I might blow it just to make a point. My well being sound of mind is more important than this extra day off right now. Is that being stubborn and stupid to prove a point? We will see but I really don't feel like I can make it another ten working days there. Gotta roll - need gas in car and running late.

SEE YOU

Indiana... Only you can decide if your sanity can handle it, but I say if you DO make it those 10 more days, you definitely deserve a BIG reward and should take that $150 and go spoil yourself with something awesome! Buy some new clothes, makeup or whatever suites your fancy!!!

My prayers are with ya hon and no.. you are NOT a problem child :flowerforyou: You just have alot going on right now! (((((((((hugs))))))))))))
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    hello all!!! i'm pretty new & spotted this group on the message board. i really liked the name of the support group, so i decided to check it out...

started 5/22/09

start weight - 181
    goal weight - 150
    current - 176 (5 lbs. lost!):happy:

start BMI - 31.1
    current BMI - 30.2

Hi M!! We are happy to have you join us!!! Looks like you are doing a great job so far!!!!

Welcome!!
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hello mbmomof3...
    Welcome..

Happy to see April and Maria checking in, too.

I, too, am an evening grazer, Maria. I'm getting better, but if you check my Food Diary, you'll still see a lot of "snacks" in the evening. My favorite one is anything Thinsations. It takes the edge off, and it's only 100 calories. And...I do most of my water drinking after supper, because sipping on water helps give a similar sensation to constantly nibbling.

Other tricks...If you can, save half of your supper and eat it an hour or two later. I know, I know...You're not supposed to eat close to bedtime, but for those of us who get the "crazies" without food in the evening, these are my own little solutions.

I've gone off the deep end a few times, snapped at my daughter. Now I'm learning to lay down and take a short nap. Not sure why, but it helps.

Anyway, bedtime for me...
    indianagranny...Do what you WANT to do, regarding the extra day. What has the bigger draw? The bonus money...or the Ahhhh time?
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    I already messed up my diet on the first day of the month. I had a giant salad bar w/ all the good stuff and light dressing. A bowl of soup and some mixed fruit. When I was finially able to eat I was famished and under so much stress. I hope I did not mess up to bad.
    My scale or tape measure is not moving, the last time I lost weight it went so quick. It seems harder this time. My old pants are fitting and that makes me happy so how? Any tips on how to jump start this again..? I want to lose 15 lbs by July 15 before my trip to Michigan.

April, pack you some little snack's like carrots or any fruit for while you are away from the house so that you can snack.. this way you wont be so famished try and just eat smaller meals closer together like every two hours it really works.. eat things that are high in fiber and protien that helps stay fuller... try it and see how it works...

Its nice to see you join MFP and our group...

Sheila
  • swignal
    Options
    Evening Team,

I am still hurting...I tryed to call and just talk to my son.. and his girlfriend answered the phone and said he isnt around and she started yelling again.. and I told her I dont want to talk nor have anything to do with you I just want to talk to my son... and she hung up.. I am mad at my son because he just isnt seeing it.. I had my daughter call and talk to her brother to see if she would let her talk to him and to see if he is okay... he couldnt talk long but all of this is tearing my other kids apart... so I need to just let him be and just pray that one day he will realize I am his mother that gave birth to him 21 years ago.. what bothers me the most is that he lost his biological father at a young age and he didnt get to see him very often because we lived in Michigan and his father lived in Cali.. and he never let me forget the fact he didnt get to know his father.. but he is willing to let this girl come between him and I..

well I really am trying not to let this bring me down... I have been crying a lot lately and my husband really dont understand how I feel so I am trying to hold everything in when he gets home from work.. but I am very edgey and easy to set off.. I dont like feeling like this.. I really need to get back on track and focus on Me and my hubby and the three children that are here with me...

I am a non-drinker.. but I have drank more this last week that in 10 years... where is LuLu slipper to knock me out of this funk???

not sure if I will be on in the morning I have to drive my hubby to work and take my other son and daughter to school... then I was suposed to do something but I forgot what it was...

oh yeah the other morning I blacked out when I was getting the orange juice out of the fidge.. I remembe getting the orange juice and then the next thing I was on the floor yelling for my hubby... That was sunday morning.. I need to call the dr.. and make an appointment to let him know that happened.. anyway I am sure this is very long.. and I need to go to bed..

oh yeah one more thing.. thanks for welcoming my friend April...I have known April since we were in junior high school...she is my best buddy but lives so so so so far away from me...we chat every day on IM and I kept telling her how great you all are and told her to check us out... Thanks again Team... sorry I havent been myself lately...

Sheila
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    Tried reading all the posts, sorry don't have energy to answer everyone - welcome newbies!
    I am 40 yrs old and have lost 28 lbs since February. My current weight is 180 and my goal is 150 lbs. I am married for 6 yrs with two stepdaughters, 25 and 23 and a 3 yr old girl of my own.

Reporting my food - I baked carrot muffins for the kids and ate 3 of them. :ohwell: Boy were they good. Anyway, that was lunch. But got back on track for supper with pork chop, baked potatoe and salad.

Went for my 60 minute wog tonight in the wind and cool. Frost warning here again. When will spring be over???? I am from Regina Sask Canada but this is rediculous.

Nite all.
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - wow.. The audit is over - rousing success. I am so glad to have that over! So, now back to normal, if there is any such thing. Good day calorie wise, was't able to exercise due to the audit. Sort of seem to have the eating thing under control for the minute. Now, if I can get my schedule under control so the exercise thing is easier.

Welcome new folks!!!!! Good to have you with us. This group is great support. Well everyone, I am beat, so see you in the am!
  • swignal
    Options
    Well Good Morning Team,

I am up and moving around on my way to take hubby to work and two of my kids to school.. Then I am ging to head to the gym so I can try and feel better... tierd of being in the funk...

so I will tell you what I did when I get back...

Wishing all of my Team Members a happy Tuesday

Sheila
  • aprilrenee71
    Options
    Sheila, I think the exercise will help brighten your soul..I am starting a new day. I have already drank a 20 oz bottle of water and ate my yogurt and banana. I am determined to get 15 lbs off before I come to Michigan in July.

Thanks ladies for all the support. i am still a bit confused this is a tricky thing. I guess I am expecting results to quick. I will be patient and work hard. Have a great day everyone.
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone.. So yesterday was officially the worst day in sooo long.. Got my hair done and what usually takes 2 hrs turned into a nightmare.. It came out orange and she had to strip it and redo it. I was there from 12 to 5:30 and when all was said and done she tried to charge me $95. are you kidding me??>? I didn't pay a thing - but on the other hand it looks good now even though she had to cut alot of the ends off that she couldn't get the color out of... But I will survive, good thing about hair is it grows back..She was a new lady (my hair dresser is on vacation.. Never again..

Just checking in before I exercise... WHich I am doing now...
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Exercised: 42 mins on the treadmill a little of 2 miles burned 301 calories..
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone!

Wow, eh? $95 for orange hair...
    I'm SO glad you took a stand and didn't pay anything. No offense to anyone who might be in the profession...but hairdressers are a phobia of mine. 9 times out of 10, I seem to get a really bad haircut. I don't particularly like dentists, either, but given a choice, I'd probably pick a visit to the dentist over a hair appointment...:ohwell:

Sheila...You are in my thoughts and prayers...still. Please DO get to the doctor's...today (!)...and find out why you blacked out. Could be the stress, but get it checked out.
    I don't mean to tell you how to handle a bad situation, but I was thinking...Seems to me your son's girlfriend is basking in her "power" right now. Think of all of the attention she's getting, by being a bi*ch...
    Maybe consider taking the power and attention away from her.
    As much as it grieves you to not see your grandbaby, trying to communicate isn't making any difference right now.
    What about cutting off communication? My experience (I've worked in Social Services, counseled many, many young people) is that the best way to get someone to change behavior is by going silent on them. Let's face it...Young people like drama. If you refuse to participate in her drama, I'm thinking that she's going to make a move to try to get you involved again.
    Another thing...When she does communicate, maybe refuse to engage in the issue. Sometimes it helps to say "I know we had a problem, but I'd really like to mend fences and move forward."

Another "tactic" is to do the non-apology...
    "I'm sorry that we had this argument."
    If you look carefully at the wording of that "apology," you'll see that you're NOT saying that you're sorry (because you really didn't do anything to warrant her ignorance). She may think that you've apologized, but you can rest easy...even if it's just in your private thoughts...knowing that you didn't demean yourself by apologizing for HER bad behavior...

Sorry if I'm giving unasked for advice.
    It's the social worker in me...

Everyone have a good day!
  • prayerfulmom
    prayerfulmom Posts: 409
    Options
    IG-Congrats on your loss. About the walk: very exciting. Remember its 50% physical and 50% mental. You can do it. Think positive.

Anita- crazy how long it takes to remove weight but how quickly that scale can fluctuate ehh. Good commitment to yourself.

Adopt4- I love that you worked out hard then you practiced moderation. That is what I'm talking about sister. re the movies....i will take air popped popcorn in or a 100 calorie snack and water. It helps.
    My body never knows when it should go. It really doesn't like to. The recommendation is exercise, water, and fiber. All of which I practice but not always the solution.
    I got asked to go on a mission trip to Africa this summer. Not sure I have the time available off work to do it. We'll see.

Kristi- love those tortillas but are too high in sodium for me=(. I really like fiber one bars. Its a sweet treat for me 140calories 4g fat 9g of fiber low sodium and low protein. Yummers.

Sheila- nice walk! Great moderation as well. Doesn't it feel good to eat something that taste so yummy and practice self control. Mark that feeling down to draw on when you need strength.=)
    I'm sorry your going through a tough time with you son's daughter. I'm sending you a hug and a kind pep talk: you get to decide how you feel don't let her win.

LGI4G- cracking up over the driving of your son. We were just reminiscing over practice driving with our daughter the other day. She's 18 now. Fun times. I'm just blown away that everyone is enjoying moderation.

Healthymom- Awesome ont he routes. I'm a gadget geek and I have a gps watch that does distance for me and speed. Now I don't have to always run the same route. I think I bought it as a reward for completing a triathlon or 1/2 marathon. That is so exciting about the 5K...commit. Do it, I dare you=) I'm signed up in a relay next month. I'm going to have to break down and run in the heat so I can get acclimated. I really would rather run in the crisp morning air=).

renayab- congrats on your loss

cyndee- will be praying over your appeal. I know its a battle.

April- welcome!

dwray- i'm so excited you got your video. Which one did you get? Let me know how you like it. The yoga ones we do with patients makes my shoulders burn=) We better clarify that this isn't some type of erotic dancing...lol. Its seated exercise.

Maria-welcome!

Jamie-congrats on your loss. I know vacations are hard when you don't have complete control. Sounds like your making some great choices though.

mbmom-welcome, welcome.

I had a nice weekend. Saturday got in a 5 mile run and lots of deep cleaning. Practiced moderation at my picnic. Sunday worked in the yard 6 hours some of which was shoveling 2 yards of compost into my new raised garden my husband built me. That was a workout. Monday I got in a 20 mile bike ride, walked the dogs, and got in another 4 hours in the yard. I have an acre so a lot of work. Rode my bike to work today. Feeling great.
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Good Morning Gang,

I made it through the night at work Thank you LI4G, Adopt4 and Cyndeebee for the advice. I am gonna take one day at a time and if there is a situation where I need to make a point or a stressful situation that calls for an ahhhhhhhhhhhh day, I will call in. Thanks for listening you all.

Anita - Orange hair wow girl - one really bad day for you. I had that experience though and mine was bright RED I am not a person who can wear all out red hair.

Sheila - Honey hang in there. Hopefully things will change. A lady at work takes her mind off wanting a cigarette by going for a walk. Is there something you can find to do?

Kristi - I am sure glad the audit is over for you

Well tomorrow is by 3 month anniversary on MFP - I will be weighing in. Opps, I weigh today too. Thought I ate way too much yesterday but if I did the scales didn't show it. All I will say is if I don't blow it today be prepare to DANCE with me.

April - glad to see you are posting. Don't just look for weight loss either - as you lose look for other changes. Changes in the groceries choices, how you cook something, and one of the big ones for me changes in the way I felt about myself. Ask the girls, I think they rejoiced all day when I finally liked myself for myself. And that feeling only gets better.

Night everybody. I will try and check in before work