T.H.E. (Trying Hard Every day) Team - Week 17

Replies

• stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Kelli, yes, I hear you on the lack of internal movement! I was afraid it might mess up my weigh my results yesterday! So, here is what I am thinking the problem is, especially for me. (1) not enough water. This crazy week, I have really struggled to get all the water in I should. and (2) not enough fiber. I recently added fiber to my daily food diary. I noticed a couple of weeks ago, when I lost 14 lbs, I had a really good fiber week. (GEEZ! The things we talk about!) My current favorite sources of fiber are raw lentils and rosemary olive oil tortillas from La Tortilla Factory. Yummers! The lentils are amazing - they taste kind of like raw peas (which I love) and they are a great source of fiber and protein. I put them in omlettes, on salads, and just eat them by the handful as a snack.

Thats what I'm thinking. Good luck with that!
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    manda1111 - SW198, GW135, CW 177 = 1lbs loss
    indianagranny sw216.2/gw160/cw188.2 - no gain no loss
    indianagranny sbmi31.6/gbmiunder29/cbmi3o.4 same
    stillkristi sw 461/gw 195/ cw 396 - 5 lbs lost YAY!!!!!!!
    stillkristi sbmi 66.1/ gbmi under 60 /cbmi 56.8
    prayerfulmom-sw277, GW 164, CW234.6=-.4
    cyndeebee - SW: 136 GW: 115 Last week: 131.6 CW: 130.5 - 1 pound lost
    BMI Last week - 24.1 CBMI: 23.9
    adopt4 - SW 273/GW 165/CW 240.5 - 1pound gain
    BMI same
    Losingit4good- SW 251/GW 175/ Last week 219.2/ CW 217.8 Lost 1.5 pounds this week
    SBMI 30.2/ CMBI 29.7
    Melina~ SW: 150/ GW: 135/ CW 150/Lost 0.2 lbs since Monday. hehe
    healthymom - sw208 gw150 cw180 lost 3 lbs (8 lbs this month)
    healthymom - starting bmi 30.3 current bmi 29.0 (lost 1.3 this month)
    nitag: SW 220/GW 145/CW 187 - No loss except the 3 lbs I gained from being a boozer last weekend
    Sheila: SW 327/ GW 150 / CW 287 1 pound loss
    sheila: bmi starting bmi 60 / Goal bmi 30 / current bmi 52

sorry it took me so long to post.. I was very upset yesterday... my son's girlfriend is not being very nice.. she is mad at me for not calling to wish her happy birthday when I was in Jamaica... so now neither my son nor my grandson can come and see me because she is being Mean.. and I was very very upset and crying for a very long time... so I decided not to let her take me down so I called my cousin and we went for a long walk 7 miles to be exact... then I had to pick my son up from school my hubby up from work and my sister up from her house in Ann Arbor which was about an hour drive from me so I was in the damn car from 2pm until 6pm got home and ordered pizza cuz I didnt feel like standing there and cooking so I orderded a meditainian pizza it is kinda like a veggie pizza it was really good I only ate 1 piece..... Today I am eating pretty good I ate an egg and cheese omlet my sister and i split a large strawberry bananna smothie from the mall I walk around the Mall for 1 hour while my niece was in her band lesons now for dinner I am making some chicken kabobs with chicken breast red yello green pepers onion squach and zucinie ( spelled it wrong but you know what I mean) LOL and I am making these awsome sweet potatos my step mother maid them and its prob bad for me but they are so good.... they are mashed sweet potatos with a topping of nuts on top.. they are absolutly delicous..

well I did lose 1 pound this week.. and I really havent got back in the full swing of things but Monday i will be back full swing....I have just had the bad week with both son's and one car.. kills me I get stuck at home unless I drive hubby to work and then I have to pick him up at the same time water areobics start...and he wont let no one else pick him up... he is stubbern...

anyway I have to go finish dinner...

I will read everyones post in a few and comment back...

Again great job Kristi - I really am proud of you under 400 WOW!!! you are doing awsome...

Indianagranny - take one day at a time.. just keep your head up and be their for you friend I am sure he appreciates it.. I know with my step-mothers breast cancer.. I sat at the hospital all day with my father and it started getting late and he started to worry but I kept his mind on other things... she is doing great now..she is all done with her kemo.. Yeah.. now she can start to go places again...

sheila

comment on the rest later...
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Just a quick post...about that "internal" problem...
    With fibromyalgia, I really have to be careful with my diet. I was supposed to go "gluten-free," but I can't live without my gluten...
    So I just cut back.
    But most importantly, my doctor told me to start taking "fish oil" pills. Doesn't seem to matter what kind of fish oil. Salmon...cod...whatevah!
    Anyway, I take 3 a day (now that I've actually read the bottle and noted the correct dosage),
    They're good for your heart, but bonus...They seem to make "internal" problems a thing of the past.

Worth considering. I think they're full of Omegas...and good for the internal mechanics.

indianagranny...I, too, put on my old capris for the first time today. And, like you, they're a bit snug, but I also see it as incentive to stick with my plan. Maybe in a few weeks, they'll glide over the hips. One can hope...
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Evening now and it's starting to cool off from our 90 degree day. Yuck! Just put 2 of the boys to bed. I finished painting my dining room, literally took me ten mins twice to finish it, the only reason I didn't finish it before was I ran out of paint. Grr! I was so close! So finally after a month or more now it's done. Tomorrow I hang my African stuff in there, I can't wait! This is my first "themed" room, and really I painted it as a way to showcase some of the treasures I got while in Africa last year.

Think I'm going to have to invest in the fish pills now... I give them to one of my sons, the one with delayed development, who also has an eating disorder so he doesn't get enough of them (the other two aren't keen on pills, and eat well, so I'm not forcing the issue with them). So guess I need to give them to myself too...

So far I'm under cals, and that was with eating 1/2 piece of carrot cake from Roses' last night! I have 226 to go if I need a snack later... I would if we had melons, I love melons, but nothing else sounds good right now.
  • swignal
    Not to be gross or anything but my internal system is all messed up since I had my galbladder out a few years ago... I have no problem going... I sometimes wish it would give me a break and back up a bit!!! but no such luck.. I just want to be normal again!!! again no such luck.... my sister is the opposite of me.. she has to take 3 stool softeners a day just so she can go... I asked her if that was good for her and she said the dr. said it wasnt going to hurt... I really dont see how that is good either... anyway I need to change the subject.. LOL cuz this one is pretty ****y!!! ha ha ha J/K

I am still going through issues with my son's girlfriend and it is killing me not to see my grandson..One can only hope my son wakes up soon... I am really hurting right now so I really dont feel like chating to much.. I am really in a state of depresion.. and I am trying not to let her get to me but it is killing me not to see my grandson

sheila
  • cyndeebee
    So sorry, Sheila, to hear about your problems with your son's girlfriend. She has no right to keep your son and grandbaby away from you. It will catch up to her, eventually...
    Karma, baby...

I've had problems with my son's fiancee, too, off and on. They've been together for over 6 years, set a wedding date, but then one of them backed out. They're still together, but there is no word on when (if) they might get married. And how do I feel about this? EXTREMELY HAPPY!

I'm sure we're alike in hoping that our sons marry women who bring goodness into the family.
    Just bide your time, Sheila, and hope that the girlfriend comes to her senses soon.

And big hugs from me. Try not to get too down. This, too, shall pass.
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Evening everyone! I had a hard time sleeping last night. My allergies were acting up and between that and our cat Charlie howling outside my bedroom door at 4am cuz he wanted to come in, yeah.. I got no sleep.

Had the little ones today and hubby took the frozen bday cake to my FIL's bday party early so it wouldnt melt in the car. Its about a 1/2 hour drive and man it was warm here today!! Up in the 90s! I headed over there after the little ones went home and all the old people there were gushin over the cake. It was really sweet. One lady kept telling me to think about going into business and I told her "I have and i hate doing dishes!" LOL! Anyway, my FIL was just blown away by it and loved the German Flag, so Im happy :happy: Had a good dinner there and some of the cake thinking when I got home "Yeah, Im prolly over but who cares!" Then I went to log and it turns out I still have like 300 calories left for the day.... HAHA!! So... Im contemplating eating the miniscule sliver of lemon cheesecake I brought home. May save it for tomorrow tho and just have my chocolate milk instead. :laugh:

My son passed his permit test yesterday after his 3rd try and I let him drive my van around the circle the inlaws live in. That was fun. Of course, today when we got home he begged me to take him to the parking lot at the school and teach him to drive the Jetta, which is a stick. My daughter refuses to learn how to drive a stick, so I figured... "Great, lets go!!" God that was fun!!!!! He did really well learning it too and only stalled it once when he pulled into a parking spot and and didnt wait for me to tell him how to turn off the car. He just let off the clutch while it was in gear and Blam! I hit my head on the "oh crap" handle that I had been hanging onto for most of the time he was learning. LOL!! Anyway...we were both laughing so hard, youd of thought we had just climbed out of a bumper car or something, only he didnt hit anything (thank god!) LOL

Sheila, sorry that your sons girlfriend is being a brat about the grandbaby. Its really a shame that she is using him in that way to torture you. I could never do that to my parents or inlaw, let alone my kids. I understand how you feel tho. Hopefully she will pull her head out and come to her senses soon. You've had a hard week since you've been back with the kids. I bet you wish you woulda just stayed there at the swimbar....:ohwell:
  • Prayerfulmom – love the picture! I found a website mapmyrun.com with lots of different routes to take and the miles. I am soo excited. No I have not registered for the first 5 k yet but it’s coming.

Indianagranny – I recently fit into my size 14’s too. It feels so good. Way to go!:wink:

Sheila - sorry to hear about kid troubles. I am blessed that my girls are so great. Hang in there!

I stayed on track with my eating today!!!!! My parents are in town and everyone had birthday cupcakes but I didn't (quickly put them away once everyone had theirs). The first thing my mom said when she saw me was "you've lost weight!" They were very impressed with my 25 lbs. It's nice to shock people when they haven't seen you for a while. (they were here beginning of April).

Tomorrow we are going out for supper - that is my big challenge. No exercise either. Hmmm.
  • swignal
    Well team, I am sitting her with my hubby and my cousin and her boyfriend and we are talking about vacation... they are trying to take my mind off of everything that is going on with my kids... I would neve keep my children from their grandparents life is just too short..

I never drink but I did drink on my vacation... and I am tonight.. I am going to have to work extra hard tomorrow due to my drinks tonight... I cant believe she is being so mean... I could never imagin treating my in laws like that... I even called her mother and asked if their is something she could do so I could see my grandson and she was like what do you want me to do about it?? Hello if the rolls were reverse she would be calling me.. I know God dont like ugly and he will fix things but let me tell you as of now I DO NOT want her at my house for they way she has treated me... And I will no longer walk on pins and needles to make her happy while she is here.. just to keep my son happy... anyway I will chat more tomorrow when I am not drinking!!! lol

sheila
  • renayeb
    renayeb Posts: 79 Member
    manda1111 - SW198, GW135, CW 177 = 1lbs loss
    indianagranny sw216.2/gw160/cw188.2 - no gain no loss
    indianagranny sbmi31.6/gbmiunder29/cbmi3o.4 same
    stillkristi sw 461/gw 195/ cw 396 - 5 lbs lost YAY!!!!!!!
    stillkristi sbmi 66.1/ gbmi under 60 /cbmi 56.8
    prayerfulmom-sw277, GW 164, CW234.6=-.4
    cyndeebee - SW: 136 GW: 115 Last week: 131.6 CW: 130.5 - 1 pound lost
    BMI Last week - 24.1 CBMI: 23.9
    adopt4 - SW 273/GW 165/CW 240.5 - 1pound gain
    BMI same
    Losingit4good- SW 251/GW 175/ Last week 219.2/ CW 217.8 Lost 1.5 pounds this week
    SBMI 30.2/ CMBI 29.7
    Melina~ SW: 150/ GW: 135/ CW 150/Lost 0.2 lbs since Monday. hehe
    healthymom - sw208 gw150 cw180 lost 3 lbs (8 lbs this month)
    healthymom - starting bmi 30.3 current bmi 29.0 (lost 1.3 this month)
    nitag: SW 220/GW 145/CW 187 - No loss except the 3 lbs I gained from being a boozer last weekend
    renayeb sw 257 cw 235 gw 150 - lost 1 lb this week

Just had to add mine - HI gang :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    congrats to all the LOSERS :happy:
  • indianagranny
    indianagranny Posts: 863
    Good Morning Gang,

Renayeb - Hi - nice hearing from you and Congratulations on the loss girl.

Sheila - my heart goes to you Hon. I wish I could tell you something to fix the problem. Hopefully soon your son or his girl- friend will come to their senses. Get back on track this week cause soon you will be seeing and chasing this grandchild around the yard.

Healthymom - Congrats on your size 14's also. You are doing fantastic girl. Keep up the good work.
    Good Luck with supper tonight.

Kristi - for the mere fact of lack of time to go back and find the answer, was it just vitamin b you told me to take? I got vitamin b then I am questioning myself as to whether it was b6, b12 or bwhatever. TOM Iis due in next week and I shopped yesterday and remembered finally to pick it up - now I am questioning myself.

Well gang been up early - done 81 minutes aerobics and 33 minutes on treadmill. Done dishes and laundry also. going to church thenbe back to sleep. haha talk later
  • cyndeebee
    Good morning, everyone!

Hoping and praying that today brings some peace and comfort to those who need it. I'm thinking of you, indianagranny...and your friend...and especially YOU, Sheila. Trust and pray that God will soften her heart...

I'm taking it easy over the next few days. Nothing planned for the beginning of this week. "Down time" until Friday. And then I've got an appointment at the Legal Clinic, to go through the appeal process...again...
    And on Saturday, I'm going to my parents' town, to try to get rid of stuff in their town-wide yard sale. It starts at 7 a.m...:grumble:
    Yesterday, my mission was to find things for my bathroom, at the town-wide yard sale that my friend and I went to...
    And I did! I found a very old cabinet, with green glass handles. Needs a new mirror, and I'm debating whether or not to paint it. Likely not. It's in "rugged" shape, and I kind of like it...
    I thought I'd found the ideal mirror, for over the sink, but now I'm not so sure. It, too, is very old, but I don't think it's the right size or shape.
    Oh well. It will look good somewhere in my home.
    My home is in a historic building. Over 100 years old. First, it was an old hotel, because this used to be a major train station. After that, it was a business college. And now...It's a six-plex. It's a beautiful building. A lot of the original crown molding still exists. A few of the wooden floors...high ceilings. In our main hallway, there's a huge, ornate mirror, that must have been here for over 100 years.
    So...That's my reason for looking for "old" furnishings for my place. Rather than modernize it, I'm on a mission to "restore" it.

Anyway, I'm not getting much restoring done, by sitting at the computer. Also not burning too many calories...
    I'm off...
  • swignal
    Good Morning Team,

I am still mopeing around, this morning but my husband and I are trying to get the pool up and running..Hubby is off today so I am going to make him work out with me!!! well most of it will be in the yard.. I am trying to keep my mind on other things... because everytime I stop I start thinking about my son and grandson and what a mean person his girlfriend is.... and see here I go again...

anyway sorry Team for being so down... I really am trying to shake it...

I am definatley going to my water aerobics tomorrow...

Talk to you all soon

sheila
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Sheila I have a daughter in law that is Bi-polar and to top it off a whack job. About 3 days after she had my grandson she went nuts on me cuz I removed his bib.. We were all at my mom's house and just let me have it.. Told me if I didn't take care of HER baby like SHE wanted I wouldn't get to see him ever again. I picked that baby up and went and handed him to her and said well sweetie you just lost yourself the best mother in law and the greatest grandmother you've ever know you crazy Bit@H... And I went outside.. About 5 mins go by and my son comes outside and he brings me the baby and says watch him mom.. and all we "the whole family came outside except whack job and my son" heard screaming like you wouldn't believe. She came out and said she was sorry but my moral is even if she is mean to you your son has to man up and not allow her to mistreat you.. What is up with the psycho girls.. To this day I can't stand her. I love her cuz she is my son's wife and the mother of my grandson but honestly if she got on a plane and went back to her family I think it would be better for my son and grandson in the long run. She is just a mean person. I have never nor would I ever keep my kids from their grandparents or my ex.. It's just wrong.. It will come back and bite her in the *kitten* it truly will.. Dang girls need to grow up.. It makes me so mad.....
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Sorry for your grandkid problems. I really feel for you.

I can see the point of your son in a way - for now he has to stick with her and hopefully he is trying to reason with her - otherwise she sounds like the type to just up and leave with the kid. Of course if he's not placating her, in order to try to get her to be reasonable, then he's wrong.

cyndee, your house sounds amazing! I love old houses. Except for the wiring... which is why we live in a new house so I dont' have to deal with that stuf... LOL. The house I grew up in was over 200 years old, had been in the family for 100 of those years, and when they remodeled and put in another bathroom, the nails they pulled out were square and hand-made.

Off to see a movie today, then a bit of shopping, then hit the gym... Took 3 of my son's fish pills (didn't check the dosage for adultsyet, but thought I'd try it) last night... still no help... man I'm gonna lose 5 pounds when I finally go! LOL
  • cyndeebee
    This has been such a "down" day for me. No particular reason...
    I guess I'm just wearing my cranky pants today.

:grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
  • LosingIt4good
    Afternoon all...

So far today spent some time outside doing some cleanup with the hose on the deck. I have the little ones today till about 4:30ish and just trying to get my laundry caught up and house somewhat put together. I have no kids this next week until Friday cept my own so Im planning to hit the gym pretty good and get in a good week of workouts. Hubby's party is this coming Saturday, so just trying to get some stuff accomplished so Im not scrambling all week.

My MIL sent home a tupperware container full of marinated steaks that they didnt cook for thier party. I cant refreeze them cuz they were already frozen prior to being marinated, so now I have to cook them. They had so much food there and my MIL wouldnt take no for an answer so we invited over a friend and have been trying to get ahold of adopt4 & her hubby all day to help us eat all this meat cuz there is no way our family can put it all away and I hate to throw it out.

Anyway....off to fold more of the laundry mountain!! :sick:
  • Hi my name is April and I am a friend of Sheila's. She told me about this group and I wanted to join. I have been battling weight my whole life and now it is time to put it to a stop and lose it. I am 37 yrs old married and have 3 daughters with the youngest being 8 yr old twins. I work part time and go to school to become a Paralegal. My goal is to have all my weight off by the time I graduate next spring. I am in need of lots of encouragement as well as any tips. Hope to meet all of you soon.
  • LosingIt4good
    Welcome April!! You will love this group. Its a great place to come for support and fun while reaching you goals. Very encouraging group of ladies here and we are happy to have you!!

My name is Cyndi and I am 35. I have 3 kiddo's also, a 17 year old daughter, 15 year old son and 12 year old daughter. Been married (for the 2nd time) 7 years on June 22nd to Morgolis who also occasionally checks in with the group.

Just wanted to give you a warm welcome and wish you best of luck with your weight loss journey. Please feel free to check into the group as often as you like. Everyone tries to get here daily to post about thier day and encourage others who need it. We weigh in every Friday and share our results from the week. Let us know if you have any questions.

:flowerforyou:
  • cyndeebee
    Hello, April. Welcome!

And, fellow Team members, we should be having one other person joining us very soon. I bumped into Maria, and invited her to this group.
    The more, the merrier. Right?

I don't think I've ever given my history. Not much to tell. Happily single. (I think it will stay that way.) Two grown children - Laura-Lee, who is 38, and has my 2 granddaughters...and my son, Bill, who is "engaged" - and anyone who's been reading my stuff lately, will understand why I leave it at that...

And then there's my 11 year old adopted daughter, Brittany.

Not very exciting stuff. I did all of my crazy things in my younger years. Which is why I say I'll stay single...
    :bigsmile: