running shirtless and short shorts

Options
1235»

Replies

• CreativeGuy504
    CreativeGuy504 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    At what point in fitness is it OK for a guy to run shirtless. Its pretty hot here in Bahrain and I figured I would try to get a little bit of a tan so I was running shirtless and got a lot of weird looks. How fit do you need to be for this to be OK?
    The second is running shorts. I've started to buy shorter running shorts ( about mid thigh) because they are far more comfortable and often have a liner with a little support for the boys. Guys usually tease me for these but what do you ladies think? My wife seems to like them!:smile:

Even if the guy is SUPER sexy Brad Pitt hot, I still don't want to see him topless unless it's in the bedroom or at a designated topless place like the beach or pool. There is just something so unneccesary and uncomfortable about it....we live in a SOCIETY, and it is approriate to wear shirts at almost all public places. Have some modesty and save it for that special lady, no matter HOW HOT you are. :happy:

And for the record it's NOT less hot temperature wise to wear less clothes, large billowy clothes actually keep you cooler if you want to get technical. AND WOMEN HAVE TO WEAR SHIRTS so SUCK IT UP and don't use the "but it's cooler without a top" excuse. :wink:

I think short shorts are a bit weird due to cultural norms, however if someone is wearing them running and is obviously a runner, I assume they are wearing them BECAUSE they are better for running and so I don't give it a second thought. However, if you are wearing them to the gym and I can see your junk when you are lifting....NOT COOL.:grumble:

So...people should sacrifice comfort because it makes you uncomfortable and you consider it immodest? I never knew you were the moral authority for people to abide by.

And for the record, it's NOT cooler to keep a shirt on...even large billowy clothes. I run all year round here in hot and humid Louisiana. During the summer, it's perfectly common to see men running shirtless, and almost no one gives it a second thought.

If you don't like shirtless runners,that's your opinion and I respect that. But you shouldn't tell someone they can't run shirtless, just because you don't agree with it.

Finally, the fact that you can't run shirtless, isnt my problem. Ill be damned if I "suck it up" and run with a shirt on when it's humid outside, just because you're somehow bitter that you don't have the same luxury.
  • crise40g
    crise40g Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Six pack or not, put a shirt on when you're running, IMHO.