oops...bump
  • ncallico
    ncallico Posts: 14
    Options
    bump
  • nmleisa
    nmleisa Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    we love to marinade chicken in all sorts of things...right now the 2 favorites are
    --Newman's Own Low Fat Sesame Ginger salad dressing
    --Archer Farms (Target) Ginger Orange Grilling Sauce

Throw some chicken in a ziploc with some of this and then grill later...mmmmmmm!!!! We also use the Archer Farms Hawaiian Style BBQ Sauce (target) in the crockpot with some chicken and then serve over rice. :)
  • Jenny_Lou20
    Jenny_Lou20 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I love chicken - I prefer it over any other meat(other than wild game and wild bird).

So will bump this for when I have a day off and can write down recipes! Yummmm-o!
  • mickeymouse38
    mickeymouse38 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    bump!!!:smile:
  • zestyzaftig
    zestyzaftig Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Looser5555
    Options
    bump
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I just did the whole hot/buffalo sauce and ranch seasoning thing last night and had it yesterday and today. I had to cook it in the oven though. It was ok. Probably wont do it again lol.

I chopped my chicken up into chunks the other night and sauteed them in the skillet with some peppers, onions, garlic and some other seasonings and then added in balsamic vinegar. It was pretty good. Basically stir fry but not Asian. Lol.
  • comet_wow
    comet_wow Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Bump for later, ty :)
  • Susan2BHealthier
    Susan2BHealthier Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lh1626
    lh1626 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • btflmami
    btflmami Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this thread. I'll slowly but surely try them all.

I also love the chick who doesn't eat animals but cooks them, hahaha

LOL..too funny!
  • jezzelynn
    Options
    Does it matter if you cook chicken legs the same way every night and eat them. The only way I will eat chicken is if its baked in the oven. And the only part of the chicken I will eat are the legs.. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I know my Mother in law eats nothing but boneless skinless chicken breast she makes in the microwave and she weighs maybe 80lbs. She is skin and bones. But I cant handle chicken breast no matter how it is cooked. Are there different options I can try with the chicken legs??
  • emileesgram
    emileesgram Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • knw32183
    knw32183 Posts: 47
    Options
    Can't wait to go grocery shopping and make some of these:)
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Okay here is a family favorite: Chinese Chicken Morsels
    Serving size is for 2 adults and a toddler... It can be for 4 by adding 2 more chicken breasts, but we like a lot of the sauce...

2 chicken breasts (supposed to be cut into cubes to technically be morsels, but we often just make the whole breasts)
    1/4 cup lemon juice
    1/4 cup soy sauce (I use reduced sodium)
    1/4 cup dijon mustard (I normally go to taste with the mustard)
    1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (I add more because we like a lot of fire!!!)
    Optional add garlic powder (I did this accidentally and it turned out even better)

Throw everything in a container, the big ziplock baggies work great. Mix it all around making sure the mustard has dissolved into the other liquids and there are no clumps of the spices. Let marinade for at least 30 minutes, the longer the better. I then pull the chicken out and cook however I feel that night. Most of the time I pull the chicken out with tongs and put on the George Foreman, sometimes we bake them and other times I will put them in the skillet and turn once until done. The remainder of the marinade you boil and strain for an amazing tart sauce! We eat it like this: a bed of steamed brown rice with chicken pieces and steamed veggies on top covered with the sauce. It's delicious if you like mustard and/or tangy foods.
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm a chicken fanatic... >.> I eat it all the time... I think i was born part fox or something and just feel a need to eat the little suckers...
    Here are some of my ideas, hope you all like them :P

I loved all of your ideas!!! Thank you so much for posting them!
  • mel8693
    mel8693 Posts: 1
    Options
    I eat chicken the same way, everyday, but I love it. It's simple and tastes great.
    I use boneless, skinless chicken breasts and cook them in my George Foreman Grill, with Italian seasoning and cracked black pepper. Once fully cooked, I cut it up (looks like I have more on my plate!) and drizzle olive oil over the pieces, adding more seasoning and pepper.
    It's SO good!

sounds mm mm mmm.
  • sweetd_cali
    sweetd_cali Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I get cravings for California Pizza Kitchen's BBQ Chicken pizzas, so I do this

I take a pita, split it so you get two thin round "pizza" crusts. On each, spread a tablespoon of your favorite bbq sauce, add low fat cheese of your choice, red onions, bell peppers and shredded chicken. Broil for 5-7 minutes (until the edges are crispy and cheese melted).

Pizza craving quenched :)
  • Brin2012
    Options
    Here's a Spicey Chicken a Spinach Salad you can toss together in no time - Just had it for lunch! Filling and Delicious!

Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast and Frank's Red Hot Original - Cook down in a crockpot

Serve it on a baby spinach salad with red peppers, avocado, non-fat greek yogurt and fresh lime!! So yummy I might have it for dinner too!