i can't believe i'm writing this ... ppl w/ tattoos

Options

Replies

• fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    It always cracks me up when people say "it will look horrible when you're old". There are no guarantees in life, you don't know when your time is going to be up. When I am old, I will worry about what life brings when I am old. For now, I am going to enjoy the present and enjoy my tats now. Knowing me, I will still be getting them when/if I get old. So my take on the "old" arguement, enjoy the present and don't worry about the future, as it may never come.

I'm gonna be the awesome old lady chilling out with the other inked old ladies. You can find us flirting with cute young firemen, playing blackjack in Vegas, and using our adorable old lady powers for evil.
  • Pinoy_Pal
    Pinoy_Pal Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    A tattoo that has genuine meaning to someone has a quality that goes way beyond beauty and aesthetics....my $0.02

:o]
  • gsheasley
    gsheasley Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I totally get your point. And thank you, no they don't HAVE to mean something. I have stars and swirls and my foot. I like stars a lot and think the swirls are really pretty. So that's what it means to me - pretty! Plus my best friend helped me pay for my first star when I was 18 and rebellious so it's a great memory and that's more the meaning than the symbol itself.

The cross on my back though, that definitely means something - something BIG and I'm really excited for my favorite holiday this Sunday when we celebrate LIFE!
  • Toxictwist
    Toxictwist Posts: 274
    Options
    I love tattoo's. I have 8... Love them or hate them, its MY choice of where I get them & why.
    My parents are very old fashion, and they don't approve. Makes me mad when I hear someone say "look at all those tattoo's that person has, that's stupid"...
  • eternitywaitsloss
    Options
    I'm gonna be the awesome old lady chilling out with the other inked old ladies. You can find us flirting with cute young firemen, playing blackjack in Vegas, and using our adorable old lady powers for evil.

Can I be part of this cool old ladies club too? My boyfriend has told me that I have a naturally evil laugh. Diabolical, even. He consistently asks me how someone so cute can be so evil. :)
  • spapsidero
    Options
    I got my first and only tattoo for now last summer. It's on my left hip and it says 2HOT2HANDLE. The O and the A are red lips. The only meaning is to remind my husband to stay up on his game! Lol. I've been thinking of getting one on the inside of my left ankle of hearts. No meaning just like hearts and think its pretty.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I got my first and only tattoo for now last summer. It's on my left hip and it says 2HOT2HANDLE. The O and the A are red lips. The only meaning is to remind my husband to stay up on his game! Lol. I've been thinking of getting one on the inside of my left ankle of hearts. No meaning just like hearts and think its pretty.

:huh:
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    It always cracks me up when people say "it will look horrible when you're old". There are no guarantees in life, you don't know when your time is going to be up. When I am old, I will worry about what life brings when I am old. For now, I am going to enjoy the present and enjoy my tats now. Knowing me, I will still be getting them when/if I get old. So my take on the "old" arguement, enjoy the present and don't worry about the future, as it may never come.

Yeah, me too!!

My tats look just fine (tyvm) and when I reach my goal weight, I'm going to get a new one that will wrap from my waist down around the butterfly I already have on my hip and wander on down my thigh and curl around....etc. And I may get my navel pierced, depending on how flat my abs get. So there. :bigsmile:
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options

Can I be part of this cool old ladies club too? My boyfriend has told me that I have a naturally evil laugh. Diabolical, even. He consistently asks me how someone so cute can be so evil. :)

Yeah, buddy. We will be accepting applications in 50 years or so!
  • ewells2420
    Options
    I have 8 tats... I love them all... some have meaning some do not. I have a spider web with a black widow that says "Beautiful but Deadly" on my right shoulder blade. It actually was a joke tat! I have been married 3 times and my friends call me the Black widow... ( No I haven't actually killed any of my ex spouses but by the time I got done they wished they were dead)! I also have B.A.I.B on my right ankle... Stands for Bad A** indian Bi*ch... Joke between my cousins and I. I think tats should show your personality at least mine do... Been thinking about getting the loch ness monster as a tramp stamp... Hey I like Paul Blart The Mall Cop... But I will probably hold off on that one lol!

Stay classy.
  • budhandy
    budhandy Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I agree, i got one tat that means something deep and another one that dont mean anything at all, HATERS GOIN HATE
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    That is my thing too! Some of my tattoos have meanings and some are just pretty stars. They don't all have to have a story. I think some people use the meaning thing as a way to justify them wanting a tattoo and make it less taboo? I don't know.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I have one, it's Japanese and means LOVE. Or at least I hope they used the right character :laugh: It's on my lower back so I never see it. In fact I forget it's there. Either way I plan on getting another, don't care what it means. It could be a bunny riding a bicycle for all I care.
  • LiviLou2011
    LiviLou2011 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    haha Justin Bieber
  • rebelontherun
    rebelontherun Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I only have one tattoo and it has a lot of meaning. However, it's also very cultural and just a beautiful tattoo.
    I feel like people should do whatever they want. It's cool when people's tattoos have meaning, because it makes for good stories, but so what if they don't? Who made up the rule that tattoos HAVE to mean anything?
  • Squiggs67
    Squiggs67 Posts: 178
    Options
    The actual ink itself doesn't really mean anything, what means the most is I had my tattoo done with my brother.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I have 15, they all mean something =) just how I roll......
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I want a tattoo and it has a lot of meaning behind it cause it will be a memorial of my furbaby that passed away in 2010.
  • doyledozo
    doyledozo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm heavily tattooed and most don't mean a damn thing. I get asked all the time so I just make stuff up. It's fun to see how far you can go and still have some dumbass believe you. :D