Any girls with fat thighs have success stories?

Options

Replies

• sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    I've lost weight several times and my thighs are always the last to go. But, the good news is that they do eventually go. :wink:
  • Jodieh75
    Jodieh75 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    This website has helped me with loads of tips and strength training exercises, I don't know if it's all down to the running I have started doing but I've lost 8.5cm off my thighs in the last 3.5 weeks.

http://www.laststopfatloss.com/how-to-lose-weight-in-your-thighs
  • RunChinni
    RunChinni Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    My thighs are currently 23" and they have always been 23". I've been lifting for a while now. And instead of focusing on my thighs or my butt, I started focusing on my upper body so that I could go from a pear shape to an hourglass. And in the process of doing that, the 23" of fat are now a mix of 23" of fat and muscle.... you'll get there...

Just keep working hard!!
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    My thighs are currently 23" and they have always been 23". I've been lifting for a while now. And instead of focusing on my thighs or my butt, I started focusing on my upper body so that I could go from a pear shape to an hourglass. And in the process of doing that, the 23" of fat are now a mix of 23" of fat and muscle.... you'll get there...

Just keep working hard!!

This, also keep in mind luv we are all different shapes and sizes. Learn to love you for everything that you are!!! I also have fat thighs and butt, but I love my thighs and butt. I think they are so cute, shapely and beautiful :love:
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I was 185 pounds in january and im now 165 but i dont really see alot of diffrence i mean yea my clothes have gotten alot bigger n droped like three sizes but ugh i still feel fat, especially since im a pear shaped i have a big but and thighs alot of celluite n i cant wear short skirts or shorts :(, even tho i dont look fat i look thick cuz i kinda wear my weight well but still it makes me sad that i cant show off my legs, so if lose more weight will my legs eventually look better? any girls going though this?

If your clothes have gotten bigger and you have dropped 3 sizes, how can you not see a difference? You can be refusing to acknowledge a difference..... that is a whole different issue though. I am a pear too. I see crap that really isnt there. It will come off when you are at a "healthy" weight. it may just be the last place you see the change. just chill and quit trippin about skirts. It will happen eventually. And if it doesnt, you cant do anything about that either. So, what does it really matter. If it changes, Yay! If it doesnt, Yay! You will still be healthier. And everyone is stuck with things they dont like. If you get smaller and it bothers you THAT much, you can always look to plastic surgery.
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Yep - as someone else said - when you find out, let us know :)
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    My thighs were literally the last thing to go. My tummy was second to last. You just have to keep losing weight and eventually your body will redistribute it and you will end up with the shape you are genetically programmed to have.
  • mgero212
    mgero212 Posts: 96
    Options
    start doing squats and lunges - and lots of them.

I used to have a lot of cellulite on my thighs and butt - adding muscle tone will dramatically improve this for you!

Thats what I did and a lot of cardio
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Hips from 44 to 35 thighs from 26 to 20. Took a long time. Lots of walking (I mean lots), then added squats, lunges, leg presses, leg curls, leg extensions and lots of floor exercises.
  • Divagettinfitin2011
    Divagettinfitin2011 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
  • briggsy13
    briggsy13 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    All spring and summer (last year) and into the fall I was running like 5 days a week, 2 miles a day. I was very slowly losing weight. I am back down to losing 46 lbs (after gaining back almost 10 over the winter/holidays). I started in February running 6 days a week 3 miles a day. I am finally starting to see my thighs getting smaller. It is probably an overall slimming though, but I am finally seeing them shrink. It might be the weight I'm at, or it could be the time I've been running. I'm not sure. I do know that serious "runners" the skinny kind LOL are thin all over. I'm hoping to get there someday!! :)
  • LinzCurlyQ
    LinzCurlyQ Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Squats and lunges and doing the different variations of those. I would say since it is the first place I put it on, it'll probably be the last to go.
  • rjubinville
    rjubinville Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    ELLIPTICAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's all i can say! I started out at 3 minutes (barely LOL!!) and now up to 40 minutes a day. i have lost a total of 2-3 inches off each thigh. I love my elliptical!!!
  • brendacooks
    brendacooks Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I've lost 31lbs and 4" off each of my thighs. I measured when I started and measure once a month - the changes are small and I don't really notice the difference but the tape measure doesn't lie. Even if you have big thighs they will get smaller as your weight changes. I know it's hard - but be patient!
    11672710.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I was 165 lbs, size 11 and had jiggly thighs covered in cellulite that rubbed together as I walked.. They were 27 inches I believe.
    Now, I'm 133, size 3 and my thighs don't rub together.. They are now 19.5 inches(and hopefully still shrinking!!!). The cellulite went away as I did cardio. I did the elliptical A LOT when I started working out, and I think I owe a big part of the disappearing cellulite to that! Patience and determination!! I didn't think it was possible. I also noticed, that when I'm not obssessing over a certain body part, that's the part that improves the most. (reverse psychology of fate?)

Like other people have said, just be patient. Things will happen if you work for them!
  • aekaya
    aekaya Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    start doing squats and lunges - and lots of them.

I used to have a lot of cellulite on my thighs and butt - adding muscle tone will dramatically improve this for you!

I agree! I still have a ways to go, but I have been doing the 200 squats program [http://www.twohundredsquats.com/] and my thighs are down over inches! (and I have had big thighs since I don't know maybe age 6?)

Definitely start doing them, they help a lot! And squats actually help protect your knees by developing the muscles around them making exercise easier. Oh and it helps with balance.

Thanks for posting this link, I'm definitely gonna give this a shot!
  • Shelle68
    Shelle68 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    That's ME! As we all know, no-one can target FAT LOSS. Your body decides where it loses first and last. You can help in the interim by targeting strength and toning to areas that lose fat first. This is theory behind "Escape your Shape" by Edward Jackowski. All I can say is that following this exercise plan has worked for me. Even when I was young and not overweight, my thighs were always two sizes bigger than my upper body. I have finally learned how to balance that out, now I can wear the same size top and bottom. In regard to cellulite, it is a combination of waste products trapped in fat cells. You need to drink LOTS of water and be kind to your liver (DON'T eat processed foods, excess sodium, preservatives, food flavor enhancers and the like) so that it can clean out the pockets of inflammation.
  • nay1228
    nay1228 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Quote:
    Also pear-shaped, and I've lost around ten pounds, but it seems to be coming off my ribs, sides and boobs... :( When I started exercising (30 Day Shred particularly) I noticed my thighs got a tiny bit slimmer.

Alas, I think this is the problem for a lot of us who are shaped like this. Sure comes off me in the same order.

I wish the places where I have the most stored fat got burned off first!
  • BetterCrazyThanLazy
    Options
    I am a pear shape as well and thighs and butt fat are the last things to go....always! I am only about 5-7 lbs away from my goal (it's ALL in my thighs right now!) and I am concentrating on a lot of cardio, plyo exercises, kenpo and weight training. I built a lot of muscle underneath that fat and I think I have less cellulite right now so I believe it works! My thighs are still 23 inches around, compared to a 28-inch waist. : )

Your body will not tap into your lower body fat until you trim down all around. Just stay consistent and don't give up!
    Mother Nature really played a cruel trick with us, pear shaped, but we are well prepared for child-bearing during starvation... ;)